Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
raincole

Door Facing Balcony

if i can tell who is zhun zhun and kind-hearted, maybe no need to get FSM liao right? :notti:''

different lah ..

guess i'll just have to bite the bullet and trust my gut instinct

where should i go to read up on FS?

would library be a good choice or must buy books?

just wanted to have some basic knowledge so that i can understand the FSM :notti:

Go and find some easy book to understand the basic first ...

In fact, b4 reading up on FS .. the basic is Ba Zi ..

Reading FS without knowing Ba Zi .. is a shortcut.... means you only look at FS of the House BUT heck care the person who is living ...

U can forget about Library... try Popular bookstore... get some cheap books to start first ... read up first b4 buying.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i try to avoid buying books coz really no place to put liao

maybe i should go and raid my dad's collection

most prob there is one or two talking about FS or Bazi :notti:

if no choice then i'll go popular and sit on the floor to read :notti:

if i can tell who is zhun zhun and kind-hearted, maybe no need to get FSM liao right? :)

guess i'll just have to bite the bullet and trust my gut instinct

where should i go to read up on FS?

would library be a good choice or must buy books?

just wanted to have some basic knowledge so that i can understand the FSM !!

as long as it's below $1k for hdb flats, go for it.

those that cost more than $1k, ask them go fly kite.

internet, type chinese to search, many fengshui websites out there.

will definitely keep that in mind whilst searching for a FSM

if anyone has one to recommend please pm me

best is can have the price for an EA

services needed is to go down to the unit and advice the DON'Ts based on the occupiers Bazi :)

thanks

will definitely keep that in mind whilst searching for a FSM

if anyone has one to recommend please pm me

best is can have the price for an EA

services needed is to go down to the unit and advice the DON'Ts based on the occupiers Bazi :)

thanks

if you are not in a hurry, i will ask my wife's relative for the contact.

we went to a old man(FSM) in marsiling b4, very tok kong and very cheap. He is a hardcore buddhist, thats why many things either free or very low price.

to check bazi, he only ask for a angbao - how much you put inside he dont care.

I remember he told me $588 or $688 for exec fengshui.

i try to avoid buying books coz really no place to put liao

maybe i should go and raid my dad's collection

most prob there is one or two talking about FS or Bazi !!

if no choice then i'll go popular and sit on the floor to read :)

Good .. healthy and save $ as well

if you are not in a hurry, i will ask my wife's relative for the contact.

we went to a old man(FSM) in marsiling b4, very tok kong and very cheap. He is a hardcore buddhist, thats why many things either free or very low price.

to check bazi, he only ask for a angbao - how much you put inside he dont care.

I remember he told me $588 or $688 for exec fengshui.

hw "tok kong" ah? me nvr see fs be4... is it really a muz for fs for new hdb? mine EA as well...

what i scare is our design somehw crash with the fs, then dunno wa will happen :blink:

Hi jube,

The Buddha strictly probhited his followers to dabble in all form of predictions, magic and fengshui practises. Please note that Buddhism is not associated with Bazi nor fengshui.

Enquire from any Buddhist temples out there, www.4ui.com the venerables and clerics there would be more than happy to help ya clear this myth of associating Buddhism with Fengshui/ Bazi.

so, do not be mislead by people claiming to be buddhist and yet practising stuffs that the Buddha did not allow. Esp when alot of FSM like to assciate with Buddhism or Buddhist monks.

Hmm.. From what I can see, no one is talking about linking religion to FS at all.

Enci, understand that you are trying to help people understand that there is no link between FS and religion. But please note that many people here are uncomfortable with the following:

1. The discussion of religion. We do not encourage this on the boards as it can get very emotional and usually leads no where. In fact, this is stated in our terms of use.

http://www.renotalk.com/main/terms.php

2. Use of bold lettering and large fonts. This does not help get your message across more effectively. On the other hand, it appears rude to other forummers, equivalent to raising your voice in real life.

We seek to make this a pleasant environment for everyone. !!

Thank you.

Hi Moderator,

Let me clarify

1) mace actually quoted that someone checks Bazi n fengshui quoted here "we went to a old man(FSM) in marsiling b4, very tok kong and very cheap. He is a hardcore buddhist, thats why many things either free or very low price." so, to clarify the Buddhist stand, there is a strong need to refute such misrepesntation, esp linking the buddhist faith n fengshui under one areana talk.

2) I am basically not here to discuss religion, but to clarify the dis-assocaition of Religion and Fengshui. Esp when we see so many Fengshui masters dabbling the name of Buddhism in the practise of fengshui to their customers.

3) Bascially, I have no grudges over fengshui if it does not trespass into the buddhist "jurisdication".

4) As a Buddhist myself, I am encouraging and reminding Buddhists out there that there issn't a need to practise fengshui nor believe in it due to our religious duities.

5) To bring awareness that religion being part of our lives and family building, is vital and important, instead of being misrepresented.

6) Many young couples out there do not even understand their own Buddhist faith, as a result fall into the FSM who suggests things that does not apply to Buddhists or Buddhist statues.

7) As mentioned by many hardcore fengshui belivers, fengshui is about harmony and nature and common sense and has nothing linked to religion BUT BUT BUT very often, such true Fengshui consultants are rare and most of these self proclaimed masters actually start to ask their customers and even Buddhists to "xie tu, dong tu, an chuan, placing of Buddhist icons/ statues" the worse kinds even turn their back and become a religious cleric and start to do "Kai Guang" and empowering of statues and dedicating homes. This shows how much fengshui has degraded when they trespass into the Buddhist arena.

8) I repeated many times that fengshui by itself should be a beautiful thing without religious afflications. True Fengshui is science and common sense that will create a better enviroment for the family to live.

Lastly, it is my responsibility as a Buddhist to protect the Buddhist faith from misrepresentations in any circumstances both cyber and real life.

thank you.

enci,

Thank you for the improved etiquette.

Understand your points (2) to (8). In future, would appreciate it if you could take any religious discussion offline, or in PM with the relevant forummers. Similarly, if anyone finds a post with a strong religious message and suspects that it violates out T&C, please report the post to a moderator.

For (1), in the context of what you have quoted, it appears that he's more trying to say that XXX is a religious man and will not overcharge/ will give a fair and reasonable price. This implies more that a religious man tends to be more honest. This seems different from actually linking FS practice to religion, or saying that FS is a subset of a religion.

Thank you :furious:

enci,

Thank you for the improved etiquette.

Understand your points (2) to (8). In future, would appreciate it if you could take any religious discussion offline, or in PM with the relevant forummers. Similarly, if anyone finds a post with a strong religious message and suspects that it violates out T&C, please report the post to a moderator.

For (1), in the context of what you have quoted, it appears that he's more trying to say that XXX is a religious man and will not overcharge/ will give a fair and reasonable price. This implies more that a religious man tends to be more honest. This seems different from actually linking FS practice to religion, or saying that FS is a subset of a religion.

Thank you :furious:

Hi minee,

I think for (1), enci would meant that a buddhist shouldn't meddle with either bazi or fengshui, let alone a staunch buddhist as said by mace, as it might confuse people that buddhist would meddle with bazi and/or fengshui.

Lord Buddha often taught that it is our thoughts, actions and speech that decides whether one would be in auspicious situation or not. I believe it will be fair for FSM to distinguish clearly and appropriately between fengshui and Buddhism.

I always wonder why don't FSM have fengshui mix with Christianity, Islam, <fill in the blank religion>.

I may not be a fengshui expert myself but to the best of my understanding in fengshui, it is definitely one of the most dedicated and exquisite fine arts that developed by our Chinese ancestors.

I hope to seek your kind understanding =)

Hi modertor,

the problem arise from mace associating a religious man who is a Buddhist as well as a FSM at the same time. As mentioned, Buddhists or Buddhism does not advocate fengshui.

The statement that mace made is higly misrepresenting Buddhism / the roles of Buddhists thus linking to the view and belief of a Buddhist "religious man" is a FSM and therefore its Ok for Buddhists to consult Fengshui since the FSM is a Buddhist.

Again, I have no objectiona in any forms of beliefs outside Buddhism, the minimum point, dun associate and trespass into Buddhism and get Buddhism misrepresented. It is a issue of religious senstivity and the rights of a religion. Just like in another thread, a few members commented that it is OK for christians n catholics to dabble in fengshui cos its not linked to religion, BUT Kopikao which had made an effort to approach the Christians and Catholic groups had proven an email that the Church is aganist all forms of Fengshui as a form of practise aganist the Christian code of Belief.

Buddhists do not consult fengshui and cannot practise or give advise on Fengshui to others. It is a fact, Fengshui was never Buddhism n the Buddhist stand is more or less the same as the Christian / Catholic stand. It is highly a disrespect to the Buddhist faith but comments such as "it is Ok for buddhists to dabble in fengshui, since fengshui is not about religion but nature and harmony"

It is a highly irresponsible statement that is made without much feeling of the Buddhist Faith and the understanding of the codes of beliefs of the Buddhist Faith.

Hi jube,

The Buddha strictly probhited his followers to dabble in all form of predictions, magic and fengshui practises. Please note that Buddhism is not associated with Bazi nor fengshui.

pls keep your OWN version of interpretation of buddhism to yourself.

the buddha SAID nothing of what you mentioned.

pls keep your OWN version of interpretation of buddhism to yourself.

the buddha SAID nothing of what you mentioned.

:lol: