Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
raincole

What You Would Expect From Govt To Improve The Mother-career Balance

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i wish gov will sub more for the childcare...

as the ccc fee is very exp... my son now in ccc and i pay sch fee alone after sub is $530 per mth... + $150 for the extra enrichment program (5-6 sub) each mth i have to pay $680... sob...sob...sob... its really a boom to me... sob...sob...sob...

How to juggle between motherhood and yet earn enough to survive?

they should educate or set up law for the company to follow.

they only know how to give guideline guideline and some company don't even look at it.. b'coz just a guideline.. not by law

Childcare subsidies needs a massive boost.

childcare centre operation's major cost items are rent and certified skilled labour. These 2 cost items have jumped tremendously recently. Thus, the current subsidy levels have not kept pace. I would think that most child care centres are not covering their costs, except for those branded ones.

I firmly believe kids shd be in childcare at least 3/4 day, and not just be mother/maid look after, cos the kid will benefit alot from social interaction at young age.

Motherhood (and parenthood) and career do not mix.

The only way to have meaningful parenthood is to downgrade one's career. In the event that both parents pursue a career, the only way to balance worklife and family life is that at least one of them downgrade his/her career.

Balance worklife is a myth.

downgrade doesn't mean less work. u still work the same amt of time say from an accountant downgrade to admin work.

I really hope govt can do more so that I can look forwards to having babies. Right now, I'm hesitant to start my family cos just bought house (in debt)....

esp, how to juggle if your child is still an infant (not old enough to go to childcare)???

Edited by raincole

(1) i hope govt can have companies allow flexible working hours as in fufilling 40 hrs per week but need not be so rigid 9am tp 6pm.

(2) i hope govt can have companies set aside a play area for children in the office and not employers show a black face when the mother brings the kid to work (as long as it doesn't affect e work).

(3) i hope govt can have companies adopt more family activities like 'bring yr child to work day' where e kid will know where the mommy works, with whom etc.

(4) i hope govt can have companies give longer maternity leave and annual leave for mothers (guys don't need so much leave lor).

(5) i hope govt can provide a pool of free temp staff for companies to draw from when they have female staff going on maternity so that the companies bosses and other fellow colleagues will not be pissed when they know a female staff is pregnant and will soon be away for 3 months.

(1) i hope govt can have companies allow flexible working hours as in fufilling 40 hrs per week but need not be so rigid 9am tp 6pm.

(2) i hope govt can have companies set aside a play area for children in the office and not employers show a black face when the mother brings the kid to work (as long as it doesn't affect e work).

(3) i hope govt can have companies adopt more family activities like 'bring yr child to work day' where e kid will know where the mommy works, with whom etc.

(4) i hope govt can have companies give longer maternity leave and annual leave for mothers (guys don't need so much leave lor).

(5) i hope govt can provide a pool of free temp staff for companies to draw from when they have female staff going on maternity so that the companies bosses and other fellow colleagues will not be pissed when they know a female staff is pregnant and will soon be away for 3 months.

hahahaaaaa.... cham which all these apply, think singapore employer wont wan to employ female employeee lioa argh........

moreover woman memory power tends to detorate after give birth.. wat make the company willing to pay so much for female employee ar ? all these all in the expense of employer and these days business is very competitive

Childcare subsidies needs a massive boost.

childcare centre operation's major cost items are rent and certified skilled labour. These 2 cost items have jumped tremendously recently. Thus, the current subsidy levels have not kept pace. I would think that most child care centres are not covering their costs, except for those branded ones.

I firmly believe kids shd be in childcare at least 3/4 day, and not just be mother/maid look after, cos the kid will benefit alot from social interaction at young age.

i am also concern bout child abuse , U never Know manz..when u put ur child in other pple hands....

if u can remember think few years ago, a child was kill by his friend mother :(.. on the car ride to school from his fren mother's car.... (back in japan)

hahahaaaaa.... cham which all these apply, think singapore employer wont wan to employ female employeee lioa argh........

moreover woman memory power tends to detorate after give birth.. wat make the company willing to pay so much for female employee ar ? all these all in the expense of employer and these days business is very competitive

i feel giving monetary incentives helps but not that much lor. it only helps in the birthrates of mothers whom are more less educated and hence need the extra money to help with the expenses.

more must be done if govt really wants to increase the birthrates of mothers whom are educated and professionals. this group of women are on the rapidly rising trend as well. when we are educated and professionals, we will think so much more if we want to have the child, whether we have enough time for them.

govt must educate these singapore employers that if the women feel so stress and do not want to give birth, then it will lead to lower population rate and then they will need to depend on foreign talent which may cost more in the long run.

i am also concern bout child abuse , U never Know manz..when u put ur child in other pple hands....

haha

some company don't want to employ singaporean male b'coz they need to go for reservice

like that.. They will only employ PR as

1. PR don't need to go NS

2. PR under the same quota class as singaporean.

3. PR less than 3 yrs, their CPF contridution from the employer is lesses

haha

some company don't want to employ singaporean male b'coz they need to go for reservice

like that.. They will only employ PR as

1. PR don't need to go NS

2. PR under the same quota class as singaporean.

3. PR less than 3 yrs, their CPF contridution from the employer is lesses

But reservice, govt pays the company for the period the male employee is required to serve the govt ma. Unlike maternity, company pays 2 months, govt pays 1 month lei.. :P

But reservice, govt pays the company for the period the male employee is required to serve the govt ma. Unlike maternity, company pays 2 months, govt pays 1 month lei.. :)

the gov pay the company but they need to re-arrange the work , right..

when they go for reservice 2 week, who take after the work.

A case come out in newspaper before.

The interview told a singaporean male..

reservice is stupid.

If not b'coz of the quota, he will not employ a singaporean male.

In the end, the company offer him but he didn't take up. As he was piss of by the interview talk and.. under this company.. when u go reservice, u think they will not give u face to see meh

The newspaper didn't mention the company name.. but.. hehe.. in forum.. already .. talk like nobody businese liao..

All know which company.. :(

the gov pay the company but they need to re-arrange the work , right..

when they go for reservice 2 week, who take after the work.

lagi worse for us women right - 3 months and out of 2 at the company's expense.. :jawdrop: even more employers don't wanna hire.. *sighs* promotion also consider male first coz they also get worried, the women might even quit after giving birth to look after kid.. :dunno:

lagi worse for us women right - 3 months and out of 2 at the company's expense.. :bleah: even more employers don't wanna hire.. *sighs* promotion also consider male first coz they also get worried, the women might even quit after giving birth to look after kid.. :D

i think.. in future

married and have few kid will be easy to get job :P

single.. will get marry.. but not so soon to have kid

just marry.. high chance

Balance worklife is a myth.

So true... the way I see it, the value that a stay-home mum invests in the children is of greater consequence compared to the amt of $$$ she can earn by working full-time outside, even though the income may allow the family to breathe easier. End of day, it boils down to the individual which is more impt, the desired lifestyle or your children.