Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
karen77sg

Volunteer Work

Hmmmm.....tinking of taking up a volunteer work in an Orphanage during weekends or 1

weekday. Any recommendations or which no. I can contact? Preferably in West Area...

Thanks...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hmmmm.....tinking of taking up a volunteer work in an Orphanage during weekends or 1

weekday. Any recommendations or which no. I can contact? Preferably in West Area...

Thanks...

Does it have to be orphanage? If not, there are plenty of other volunteer jobs. I would suggest that you take a look at NCSS volunteer circle to find out about the types of volunteer work there is. They have a volunteering talk every last thursday of the month.

NCSS Volunteer Circle

If you are really keen to help people, I want to encourage you to look towards helping the old folks.

I am not complaining, but orphanages had always been blessed with the most volunteers and funds for obvious reasons: Cute children. The handicapped centres are second in line, perhaps due to public sympathy and also govt's hefty contributions to its funds. The last in line is always the old folks' homes, where its most unpopular among volunteers and receive the least funds from the govt.

Thus, I beg you to join me in channelling some of your charitable energies to these old grannies and grandpas - they had contributed to our economy in one way or another and definitely deserves our tender loving care. They can be a great joy too! :bleah:

Go to the NCSS website and indicate that you would like to help old folks; I sure the guys there would be more than happy to show you the directions.

If you are really keen to help people, I want to encourage you to look towards helping the old folks.

I am not complaining, but orphanages had always been blessed with the most volunteers and funds for obvious reasons: Cute children. The handicapped centres are second in line, perhaps due to public sympathy and also govt's hefty contributions to its funds. The last in line is always the old folks' homes, where its most unpopular among volunteers and receive the least funds from the govt.

Thus, I beg you to join me in channelling some of your charitable energies to these old grannies and grandpas - they had contributed to our economy in one way or another and definitely deserves our tender loving care. They can be a great joy too! :dunno:

Go to the NCSS website and indicate that you would like to help old folks; I sure the guys there would be more than happy to show you the directions.

zirhk3355, tok yr advice and start doing volunteer work for old folks....

Today is my first day, hope tat there will be years down the road whereby I am proud to say

I am still a volunteer!

congratulations karen, it's a very fulfilling experience to be a volunteer

the feeling of having helped is a very good one :):good:

used to volunteer when i was much younger, but nowadays getting lazy to do so

maybe i should also get off my lazy butt and start again :D

congratulations karen, it's a very fulfilling experience to be a volunteer

the feeling of having helped is a very good one :):good:

used to volunteer when i was much younger, but nowadays getting lazy to do so

maybe i should also get off my lazy butt and start again :D

Yes....I did feel very fulfilling yesterday though I was out half a day...

It is very meaningful and some old folks are really pitiful.....my heart goes out for them...

I will try to make it every sat unless I really cannot make it tat day...

Normally Sats are shopping, sleeping or high tea day for me....bt now I tink doing volunteer work is

more meaningful....

actually most old folks just want someone to talk to

when i was doing volunteer work, they can talk for 3 hours

even though they knew i couldn't understand what they are saying

the older generations' hokkien is really difficult to understand :dunno:

all i had to do was nod my head and 'hmm' sympathetically

and that is enough to keep them going.

but at the end of the day, the smile on their face is enough for me :P

Today is my first day, hope tat there will be years down the road whereby I am proud to say

I am still a volunteer!

wah! good for you !!

I am still a volunteer!

Wow, so glad that you actually came in to help! I am sure the community would appreciate your efforts... :good:

Thanks for yr encouragement...Hope my passion will last...

In order to keep your 'passion' lasting, you will have to find joy in doing it lor; ie you must find the satisfaction in making the old folks smile, see that their beds and surroundings are nice and clean to stay in, etc.

Usually I see those who drop out after awhile is actually because they do not enjoy doing it; either they are curious, or they just want to do good deeds, but if you don't find satisfaction, very soon the chores will bring you down.

Hmm....so far so good....though I have just went for the 1st time....Bt I am actually loking

forward to the 2nd one tis Sat - something to lok forward to...

I feel great after doing the chores....and I hope I will feel GREAT Always!

Bt one day if my passion dies, dun :good: me hor...I am trying trying very hard to keep it ALIVE!

Hmm....so far so good....though I have just went for the 1st time....Bt I am actually loking

forward to the 2nd one tis Sat - something to lok forward to...

I feel great after doing the chores....and I hope I will feel GREAT Always!

Bt one day if my passion dies, dun :yamseng: me hor...I am trying trying very hard to keep it ALIVE!

Dun worry lah, nobody will !! you; even if just do once will also have a very big positive impact on the needy already.

I always believe in personal wellbeing first - if volunteer work is really bogging you down and affecting your life, where got the mood to be a good volunteer? Its only when you are having a great life personally that you will be a great volunteer too.

Dun worry lah, nobody will :yamseng: you; even if just do once will also have a very big positive impact on the needy already.

I always believe in personal wellbeing first - if volunteer work is really bogging you down and affecting your life, where got the mood to be a good volunteer? Its only when you are having a great life personally that you will be a great volunteer too.

Thanks for yr encouragement!

I am going to do my hsework now and rushing to the volunteer work liao...

Chat again!

Thanks for yr encouragement!

I am going to do my hsework now and rushing to the volunteer work liao...

Chat again!

Hi Karen77sg,

How is ur volunteer work last week??? Any story to share with us??? :P