Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
tiles? laminates? parquet?

my ID did tiles 1st, then the cement screeding was done... thus, the floors are all level

I using tiles in my living room. After the tiles are lay, its still lower than the kitchen. The kitchen tiles are from HDB. Not possible to raise the flooring in my living room cos raising further will prevent my h\

Hi there,

maybe u wan to consider doing a kerb.

I dun face any prob coz i got a kerb done between kitchen n living rm

Yes, do a small kerb so that you wont feel that your ktichen is higher than your foyer area.

Is the gap big or just less than0.5cm only? Or other than kerb, I dont know you notice the living room laminated meet the passwage way where tilers put those semi round wooden stipes? You may consider using that to join it.

Thx. Most probably will do a small kerb.

Wonder how come only i have this problem.

Not sure how HDB do the flooring leveling.

harlow neighbours!! i'm back! actually was back last week.. but very very very super busy at home/work... hv no time to read thru the posts.. if any1 ever asked me anything.. kindly pm me ya.. i was totally lost already.. our thread is gg SO FAST! hehe..

I using tiles in my living room. After the tiles are lay, its still lower than the kitchen. The kitchen tiles are from HDB. Not possible to raise the flooring in my living room cos raising further will prevent my h\

I have the same problem too and it's made worse if we were to overlay the kitchen floor tiles. There is no way to raise the living flooring as it will be blocked by the bomb shelter door. In the end we hack the kitchen

floor so that the living room and kitchen floor is level. :P Even then, after everything done, the bomb shelter door and main door just clear the living room floor by mere millimetres. :P

It is such things that I wonder what was HDB and the architect thinking. :notti:

Hey dneo,

You are not alone, my living room flooring is also lower than the kitchen floor.. If we were to level it, we have to cut all the doors which we did not prefer.. End up, we just did a small curb to separate the 2 areas and the problem is solved!

Hi fellow Membinians!

Collected my keys to 27a since Dec but have been a bit lazy :rolleyes: (plus, wife and I wanted to avoid any CNY-related price hike). Must say that this forum is a gold mine of info.

Hope to see you in real life soonish!

Hi fellow Membinians!

Collected my keys to 27a since Dec but have been a bit lazy :rofl: (plus, wife and I wanted to avoid any CNY-related price hike). Must say that this forum is a gold mine of info.

Hope to see you in real life soonish!

Welcome to Jalan Membina Jeanisis!:rolleyes:

I have the same problem too and it's made worse if we were to overlay the kitchen floor tiles. There is no way to raise the living flooring as it will be blocked by the bomb shelter door. In the end we hack the kitchen

floor so that the living room and kitchen floor is level. :bleah: Even then, after everything done, the bomb shelter door and main door just clear the living room floor by mere millimetres. :jawdrop:

It is such things that I wonder what was HDB and the architect thinking. :notti:

haha.. i thot i am the only one.

Really wonder how HDB build the flat.

haahaa anyway those architect hire by HDB one all no brain lor. Alway design farni farni stuff....

i am not surprise on the flooring uneven and also lots of beam around our unit.

Today we faced the first upset in our reno.....the washing machine base is too small for the washing machine we have bought :):yamseng::) originally the base width was supposed to be 65cm while the machine's width is 60cm. when we went to check today realise the base is only 61.5cm! :jawdrop: moreover the machine's water outlet is at the side instead of the back...there was no way the machine could fit in. at first was very upset with my id for shortening the width and told her to change.....but then realise there is no way cos the concrete wall support has to be in line with the beam if not very ugly. sob sob. now we have to go back to gaincity and try to convince them to allow us to change the washing machine... sigh.... donno whether we can get another nice silver machine to match our black and silver kitchen theme.... :):bangwall:

just wondering, why is a concrete wall even necessary? :dunno: cant the kitchen sink be done without the wall at the back? sighzzzz.....

hi

those who have done the bomb shelter rack, how much?

Hi,

My L-Shaped rack is $150.. think the price about normal.. main thing was that they came almost immediately after calling :yamseng:

:)

Hi,

My L-Shaped rack is $150.. think the price about normal.. main thing was that they came almost immediately after calling :yamseng:

:yamseng:

So far job ok? i mean the rack. Can have the contact and name from u? Thanks

Hi,

:yamseng:

Hihi, can i have the contact from you too? Thanks!

just wondering, why is a concrete wall even necessary? :bow: cant the kitchen sink be done without the wall at the back? sighzzzz.....

Hey angel, my kitchen wall doesn't come with the wall at the back.. We decided not to do it so as to save space, but the downside is that the sink will splash water to the washing machine.. Are you getting a front load washing machine? Cos most top load washing machine are thinner.. Probably can change.. Dun worry.. Unless you are planning to get a dryer, then it will be abit of a headache..