Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi Kevin.

I attached the pic below. The lights is going to be hanging at the wire tat is dangling nearer to the window there. Sori for the small pic :jawdrop: Then another will be at dinning area. If its base on ur pic, will be the marking at ur ceiling there the back dot there.

dsc00158eb1.th.jpg

Edited by jazznpop

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Kevin.

I attached the pic below. The lights is going to be hanging at the wire tat is dangling nearer to the window there. Sori for the small pic :jawdrop: Then another will be at dinning area. If its base on ur pic, will be the marking at ur ceiling there the back dot there.

dsc00158eb1.th.jpg

it'll sort of interupt the light that will shining out of the cove lights ya?

1st time see such designs though, it may turn out unique :dribble:

i think yr hubby was trying to be practical by having centralised lighting in the living room

Hello Guys

Anyone heard of lights sales at KK?

Is the sales still ongoing?

My colleagues told me the lights are very cheap over there.

How to get there?

HAPPY

Hi neighbors!

My maiden post. I must say this site is really informative!

We've got the keys quite some time ago but have not started on reno yet.

The following is for those who are still checking for defects/ barely started reno.. Cuz I talked to my fren who worked in the building industry, and realised we have missed out checking a lot of things! So tiring.. guess we have to go down again to do yet another check, certain contractors simply cannot be trusted. It is soooo tiring!!

List of defects to look out for (not exhaustive):

1. Water seepage - check for flooded floor, damp walls after heavy rain etc.

(Per my fren, use hand to feel if wall is moist, or use paper to test if floor is damp after the rain. Water seepage is VERY SERIOUS, apparently when water seepage fails HDB's QC, the wall has to be hacked away, and replaced/ grouting redone, and not simply filling the exterior. This is done before the handover of keys.. now we are all in a helpless situation.)

2. Hairline cracks on walls

3. Window grilles and doors - check for missing screws (very common defect), faulty hinges, scratched surfaces, loose magnets behind doors etc

4. Hollow tiles

5. Bathroom gradient - pour water in the wash area and checked that there is water flow towards the drain area

6. Choked basins and pipes - We dont know how to test this as we do not have water supply. Oh also check if the tap can be opened smoothly.

7. Electrical sockets and switches - make sure your 3-pin plug can fit in, no cracks etc. Actually not impt if the electrical points are to be moved.

8. SCV points and other dunno what points are not rusty/ dirty etc

The more serious defects are water seepage and hairline cracks.

If you want the people to take your complaints seriously, my fren's advice is to go to HDB or town council directly, not the 27B office. 27B office is managed by the main con themselves on behalf of HDB, and whether or not they report the defects to HDB eventually, we do not know. Whereas at HDB, every complaint will be recorded in black and white. Just make noise until you're happy with the rectification. And do not start renovation (if possible) till the defects have been rectified and you are satisfied.

Also, if you have a good and nice renovator, can check for defects together with him before you start reno. In this way, can also prevent them from pushing the blame to HDB for the defects that they created.

My two cents worth. Paiseh if the post is too lengthy! :good:

Hi JAY

Also very impt is to check all the wc. Once flash, the water will fill up. Wait for a while (few mintues or better whole day) and see the water reduce or not. If reduce, means internal leackage!:good:

Now PUB waivedfor me 75% of $280+++ water bill. The 25% I have to talk to the main cont. They simply bochap! I will send to higher authority if they dont absord the 25% charges. I feel very tried searching for hdb man con at blk27b and blk27a. Blk27a staff is the worst!

Hi JAZZ...notice you also go for granite tiles? Look the same as mine! 801?

Btw...is the hanging wire is mean for ceiling fan? The other inner...I cannot figure it out. Maybe for some crystal lights?

HAPPY

Hi Kevin.

I attached the pic below. The lights is going to be hanging at the wire tat is dangling nearer to the window there. Sori for the small pic :good: Then another will be at dinning area. If its base on ur pic, will be the marking at ur ceiling there the back dot there.

dsc00158eb1.th.jpg

Hi Everybody

Sorry abit blur......

Did you read the latest chinese U magazine?

The unit belong to my mum!

Hui master told me it is the first time they came to Jalan Membina and he told me he will write an article about JM.....

Hm....guess have to wait for another week??

HAPPY

f_IMG9595m_ef931d2.jpg

Edited by h4happy

Got a call from PUB officers about my case and even took my water reading.

Main Con??? I think they gone to sleep. No news whatsoever!

Gonna open the letter box and will ask main con what about the 25% of water bill???

True...main con are indeed like tortoise! Until now, still waiting for them to follow up!:jawdrop:!

Hi happy,

Yup granite tiles but dunno wat nos coz hubby choose one :)

Both wire for lights lah. The longer one is for clove lights (i guess)the other near the window is intend to haf hanging lights... feel funny to haf lights in the middle of the L-box.

Hi kevin,

u tink its unique?? i feel soo out of place hahaah soo many hanging lights at the living n dinning area. C liao very blur hahah

Hi JAY

Also very impt is to check all the wc. Once flash, the water will fill up. Wait for a while (few mintues or better whole day) and see the water reduce or not. If reduce, means internal leackage!:P

Now PUB waivedfor me 75% of $280+++ water bill. The 25% I have to talk to the main cont. They simply bochap! I will send to higher authority if they dont absord the 25% charges. I feel very tried searching for hdb man con at blk27b and blk27a. Blk27a staff is the worst!

Hi JAZZ...notice you also go for granite tiles? Look the same as mine! 801?

Btw...is the hanging wire is mean for ceiling fan? The other inner...I cannot figure it out. Maybe for some crystal lights?

HAPPY

Hi kevin,

u tink its unique?? i feel soo out of place hahaah soo many hanging lights at the living n dinning area. C liao very blur hahah

u cannot buy those big lights though, has to be small

Hi all

Need to ask for some advice. Something terrible happened today. Hubby went up to the new house after work and realised that our 40inch LCD TV was GONE. It was delivered on Sat, and we didnt go to our house till today. And when we went there today, only the empty box was left. For the past 2 days, our contractor was putting up the feature wall wall paper and doing painting. And on Monday, our ID told me that she just changed the number lock. And when we were at our place today, we realise the number lock is those, small and very easy to break kind. My husband spoke to her, but she seemed to be unwilling to help us find out who the culprit is. She was more concerned with defending herself and her workers.

How do you think we should handle this situation? we're thinking of asking for some compensation, but I think she won't give in. Sigh. Why why why? We were so close to completion, just left with installing the TV, lights, speakers.

Oh my dear!:bangwall: How come like that?

You and your hubby did not go there everyday to check?

Did you tell your id that your 40inch lcd is deliver to your new houes?

Normally the id will change a good lock for you if owner started to deliver goods to their unit.

I dont know whether your id can help you to settle part of the compensation. It really depends on your id himself/herself.

I think it really against you now as you are the owner and your should also bear a certain responsibility.

Do talk to your id nicely again as id SHOULD ALSO BEAR SOME responsible for any liable/mishap should anything happen to your new home as your id and his/her gang can also gain access to your unit too.

HAPPY

Hi all

Need to ask for some advice. Something terrible happened today. Hubby went up to the new house after work and realised that our 40inch LCD TV was GONE. It was delivered on Sat, and we didnt go to our house till today. And when we went there today, only the empty box was left. For the past 2 days, our contractor was putting up the feature wall wall paper and doing painting. And on Monday, our ID told me that she just changed the number lock. And when we were at our place today, we realise the number lock is those, small and very easy to break kind. My husband spoke to her, but she seemed to be unwilling to help us find out who the culprit is. She was more concerned with defending herself and her workers.

How do you think we should handle this situation? we're thinking of asking for some compensation, but I think she won't give in. Sigh. Why why why? We were so close to completion, just left with installing the TV, lights, speakers.

Hi JAZZ

Since you already have L box and clove lights, then hang the lights (in the middle of your living room) will make it feel very odd. For dinning area, it is ok as the drop light shine on the dinning table.

HAPPY

Hi happy,

Yup granite tiles but dunno wat nos coz hubby choose one :seeya:

Both wire for lights lah. The longer one is for clove lights (i guess)the other near the window is intend to haf hanging lights... feel funny to haf lights in the middle of the L-box.

Hi kevin,

Zila, your ID should have reminded u to arrange for delivery for these items when the house is nearly 99% completed. All my electrical appliances arrived on and after the date of handover.. Cos my ID case is that if I have the electrical stuff delivered earlier, he will not bear any losses prior to handover, cos he specifically tell us not to have anything delivered except the sink, hood and hob.. Did you tell your ID that your tv had been delivered on Sat? Also, I am curious, is the current number lock still the same number lock? Who will know your tv is in the house if its not the workers who took it?

Actually, it's my ID's workers who signed the delivery order for us for the tv. Samsung delivered the TV one week earlier cos the shop we bought from forgot to tell them that the delivery should be postponed by a week. And they were outside the house already when they called, so my ID's workers signed the DO for us. In fact, our ID is the one who told us first that our TV was here. Actually, we do understand that we should bear some responsibility, but we're quite angry with my ID cos it seems that she's totally not willing to help. when we told her to find out more from her workers, she said that if we suspect her, she can also suspect that we purposely took away the tv to accuse her. abit duh right?? we wont be so bo liao.

The current number lock was changed on Monday. She used a different lock altogether. And the lock is smaller and easier to break lor. My husband was shocked when he saw the lock and knew the pin.

We suspect a few groups of people... Her workers, cos they were the ones who knew the TV was inside. Samsung's workers, cos they also knew the TV was inside and installation would only be done this weekend. And outsiders loittering around lor, cos the number lock is really too easy to break, mabbe the person didnt intend to steal the TV, but well, the TV was there in the box after he broke in, so he stole it?

Hai. Very sian. Ya...Never go down everyday, cos my husband and i have been working till 10plus the past few days and there was not much progress in the house cos it was only pending wallpaper, painting touch up and electrical stuff. Should have gone there everyday. Anyway, we lodged a police report ytd night, but i think there is no chance of recovery one la...