Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

hello all!

Anyone encountered some old uncle coming up to your flat to ask you to change the interconnecting bolts of your metal grills?

Is there really a need to change? he say the old one very easy to hack open.

Anyone got experience to share?

Thank yoU!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

My unit number plate drops from the main gate. :bangwall: I tried to attach back with 3M tape but it still drop after a few days. I reported to the bsc already, however, they cant confirm when the contactor can come to fix my plate. 8| Anyone encounter similar problem ??? Please advise what should I do now ? I feel so uneasy without my flat unit number... The bsc is still as inefficient as before...

kbp :(

My number plate dropped. Complained directly to hdb officer in charge of our block. Sub con came after a few weeks, removed plate, said did not have spare parts so must bring back to service, took down my mobile number and promised to return 1 week later. Have not heard from them since. I am now living without a unit plate. (And that was 3 weeks ago) Yay.

hello all!

Anyone encountered some old uncle coming up to your flat to ask you to change the interconnecting bolts of your metal grills?

Thank yoU!

Quite a couple of forumers in here actually did change the bolts, including myself. Its a "just to be sure" mentality. My direct neighbour doesnt see the need though. Its your call.

Edited by nitehwk

hello all!

Thank yoU!

supposedly is much more secured...his explaination sound logical. of cos no 100% safe. but after he did mine, the gate hinges felt tighter.

he did mention another downstairs neighbour hse almost got broken in but the robbers gave up after not being able to hack through the gate. the wooden door was totalled though.... :jawdrop:

supposedly is much more secured...his explaination sound logical. of cos no 100% safe. but after he did mine, the gate hinges felt tighter.

he did mention another downstairs neighbour hse almost got broken in but the robbers gave up after not being able to hack through the gate. the wooden door was totalled though.... :jawdrop:

hi apa,

did u go to the downstairs neighbour's hse to see personally? (just curious) ;)

but i heard that there is another hse who did the bolt also, his hse was eventually broken into

btw i did the bolt also, till now i was wondering whether is it useful also

Anyone read chinese paper regarding the blk25b 1 woman committed suicide? I think the wake is at the multi purpose hall.

Anyone want to do bolt let me know, hopefully can charge you only $50 for 5 bolts,

Thanks guys!

Cos i was thinking if you lock everything (incl, the wooden door lock, metal grill lock and + a additional pad lock) there, it should be safe. On my floor, only my direct neighbour changed and only change 4 of them. others still remain.

How much btw are those interconnecting bolts?

hi apa,

did u go to the downstairs neighbour's hse to see personally? (just curious) ;)

but i heard that there is another hse who did the bolt also, his hse was eventually broken into

btw i did the bolt also, till now i was wondering whether is it useful also

i did a quick peep. the wooden door was scrapped like they were tryin to get in. according to the uncle, unsuccessful robbery...but who knows if it's true. ya ya! i heard tat one guy did his but also kena broke in. nothin is safe unless u hire a security guard sit outside 24 hrs liao.....

Anyone read chinese paper regarding the blk25b 1 woman committed suicide? I think the wake is at the multi purpose hall.

Anyone want to do bolt let me know, hopefully can charge you only $50 for 5 bolts,

which paper was in in? zaobao or wanbao?

wah! u can do the weldin etc happy? :good:

Thanks guys!

Cos i was thinking if you lock everything (incl, the wooden door lock, metal grill lock and + a additional pad lock) there, it should be safe. On my floor, only my direct neighbour changed and only change 4 of them. others still remain.

How much btw are those interconnecting bolts?

tat uncle quo me $90 for 6 bolts. he say is more than enough unless i super kiasee wan to change all the bolts.

Hi APA...I think is wanbao lah.

No not me doing the weilding, same uncle, charge $50 for 6 bolt.

He charge you $90??? You should sms me lah.

No not me doing the weilding, same uncle, charge $50 for 6 bolt.

He charge you $90??? You should sms me lah.

:furious:

sian liao lor.....

he came n knock on my door suddenly n do on the spot. so didn't exactly check out the market rate b4 hand.

most prob cos i look like some carrot-top....

Edited by apa

wah kao! jia lat sia!

Still thinking if there is a need t change. hmmm.......

Every sat those uncle without fail will come and bother me. **** sianz.

Until last sat i buay tahan tell the uncle i will hire sercurity outside my place.

So hoping to get some advice here.

hi guys, surf & happy to found this thread. got a unit at 25B, still doin reno! no space for dinning table, any suggestion? initally i wanted a pull out table but it cost 400-500. told my contractor honestly might as well get a dinning table ! :bangwall: ours is a 4-room. goin ikea later - shoppin !

hi guys, surf & happy to found this thread. got a unit at 25B, still doin reno! no space for dinning table, any suggestion? initally i wanted a pull out table but it cost 400-500. told my contractor honestly might as well get a dinning table ! :bangwall: ours is a 4-room. goin ikea later - shoppin !

Hi neighbour,

Congrats and welcome :D

Gd luck for ur reno too :dancingqueen:

y no space? I can put a 2m 3-seater sofa, and still have at least 2m of space for a dining table... unless u want those grand tables :)

during reno, it looks small... but after that, it'll look a lot more spacious unless u do a lot of carpentry all over the house

I am also from 25b!!!!

ohh ! that great. coz the area look kinda small to me now - kinda worried. hopefully it turn out ok. thks for ur advise =)