Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

hi all,

the hdb person came to rectify the problem with my master bathroom toilet bowl. Turns out that the toilet bowl's wastage output is not aligned to the sewage pipe, that's why it choked so easily. They removed the entire toilet bowl, re-aligned the pipes, and now the flushing is so much better. Now the toilet seat is not placed all the way to the wall, there's a slight gap now.

Please call hdb and ask them to check if you have such problems.

Tmw they will come and fix the hairline cracks in the master bathroom wall tiles. So many things to report and check, and we will only find out such defects after moving in.

The BSC is crap. My dad went to report the defects to hdb then hdb advise to go BSC to ask them to check our unit, and i suspect it's the same officer who gave a nonchalent reply and said she didn't know about problems. sigh...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You have the same problem with mine.

The aligenment thinggie...call Pan Collar.

They use 2 inch means the opening hole and the end hole is too far apart. That causes it to choke.

My plumber changed it to 1 inch means the top and the end is closer.

Yes, mine also a slight gap now.

I dont like bsc staff also.

Their attitude is like bo chiap.

I shoot letters all the way to the top until they finally take action.

My recent case (another), they rectify very fast. Last Saturday report, next monday come! In fact they know my name also!!!

hi all,

the hdb person came to rectify the problem with my master bathroom toilet bowl. Turns out that the toilet bowl's wastage output is not aligned to the sewage pipe, that's why it choked so easily. They removed the entire toilet bowl, re-aligned the pipes, and now the flushing is so much better. Now the toilet seat is not placed all the way to the wall, there's a slight gap now.

Please call hdb and ask them to check if you have such problems.

Tmw they will come and fix the hairline cracks in the master bathroom wall tiles. So many things to report and check, and we will only find out such defects after moving in.

The BSC is crap. My dad went to report the defects to hdb then hdb advise to go BSC to ask them to check our unit, and i suspect it's the same officer who gave a nonchalent reply and said she didn't know about problems. sigh...

My recent case (another), they rectify very fast. Last Saturday report, next monday come! In fact they know my name also!!!

- ur name beli big mah.

- think whole sg olso noe = h for happy. :lol:

- actually they hav different grps of ppl doing different kind of rectification at specific day.

- happen dat ur required grp is working on monday & most of e JMers had settled dn & lesser rectifications s conpare 2 e earlier days.

- aniway, hope i'm wrong.

- so nex time any ppl go report defects can say,'i happy lei' :wacko:

- jus kidding. ;)

:dancingqueen:

Hahaha...JACK u r funny.

Anyway, bsc gonna close the office very soon.

Any defect will have to directed to main branch.

Better dont anyhow say lah! "i happy lei"...wait pple thought you seow!

Going to your estate to visit my ex colleague and Alister's wife pretty soon.

- ur name beli big mah.

- think whole sg olso noe = h for happy. :lol:

- actually they hav different grps of ppl doing different kind of rectification at specific day.

- happen dat ur required grp is working on monday & most of e JMers had settled dn & lesser rectifications s conpare 2 e earlier days.

- aniway, hope i'm wrong.

- so nex time any ppl go report defects can say,'i happy lei' :wacko:

- jus kidding. ;)

Edited by h4happy

Hi Neighbours,

How much did u paid for the windows grilles? :)

Hi purplesky,

My windows grilles was part of my quotation for the reno, for me its around 1k for the whole house excluding bathrooms :)

Hi purplesky,

My windows grilles was part of my quotation for the reno, for me its around 1k for the whole house excluding bathrooms :)

Hi Simpleboi,

Thanks for sharing. :) Wanna ask, as the id quoted us $1.4k+, then later changed to $1.2k+. But other id (best thing is it's from same co somemore) quoted us $750. Hence was wondering why got so much differences one!

Hi Simpleboi,

Thanks for sharing. :) Wanna ask, as the id quoted us $1.4k+, then later changed to $1.2k+. But other id (best thing is it's from same co somemore) quoted us $750. Hence was wondering why got so much differences one!

Hi Purplesky,

Its good that you have made comparison with other IDs. You can show ur current ID the price and ask him/ her why so much difference. If he/ she tells you that its window grills of different quality...remember to ask him/ her to write it down in his/her quote.

Just my 2 cents worth. :)

Hi Simpleboi,

Hi purplesky,

Yup think the best is to check with the ID on the different quotations.. probably different quality.. or which part of house etc...

Like Vitamin C said.. show them both.. :P

Yes, different quality.

My neighbour wondow grill look solid.

She told me something like is is double rod.

Those single rod will be very light and cost less.

I think it is better to visit others and see and feel the quality.

Hi purplesky,

Yup think the best is to check with the ID on the different quotations.. probably different quality.. or which part of house etc...

Like Vitamin C said.. show them both.. :P

Hi Purplesky,

Its good that you have made comparison with other IDs. You can show ur current ID the price and ask him/ her why so much difference. If he/ she tells you that its window grills of different quality...remember to ask him/ her to write it down in his/her quote.

Just my 2 cents worth. :)

Hi Neighbours,

Problem is he says they are the same thing/quality. The first quote of $1.4k+ is the better quality one, then change to the $1.2k+ ones are the same quality as the other fellow's quote of $750. If fact almost all the items he quoted us are more ex than the other id (from same company). For the rest of the items, he said he charged more is bcoz he will give more better design n the service he provide! Cabinets can say is his better design/quality/service. But things like window grilles, how to justified? Actually, we clicked better w this id. And it's by chance that we happen to get another quote from another id from the same co, it's long story, but we really didn't purposely double check by going to the same co again. Now after realise his price all marked up, & we told him, but he's not willing to match the other quote, but just give a bit more discount off the total. Sign, dont know whether we should proceed w him or not. :unsure: 1 thing is cant get pass ourselves, when we know we are paying more by engaging him (even though it's from the same co, so basically, it will be same materials/same batch of workers & etc) Another thing is worry that now that he knew we had gotten ourselves another quote from his same company, he seems abit unhappy, and so wonder will he still be willing to do his best for us or not. But as we do click w him, so abit of headache. And also dont wanna to waste any more time/effort to look for other new ids. Headache man, not sure what to do now. :bangwall:

Hi PURPLE

Sorry to sak is your reno started?

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

No. Collecting keys in 2 weeks time. :) After that, hopes to be able to start asap, so that reno can be completed before CNY.

Hi PURPLE

Finish b4 cny means you got 5 months ++.

So, I suggest you to scout for more quotations or visit JM neighbours house.

If you feel not comfortable with the id, then move on and get more quotation.

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

No. Collecting keys in 2 weeks time. :) After that, hopes to be able to start asap, so that reno can be completed before CNY.

Hi PURPLE

Finish b4 cny means you got 5 months ++.

So, I suggest you to scout for more quotations or visit JM neighbours house.

If you feel not comfortable with the id, then move on and get more quotation.

HAPPY

Hi Happy bro,

Next year's CNY in Jan wor. Collect keys on 3 Oct, so left w 3mths + only. :dunno: Sign, hopefully got x to source around for others, though is abit sian already to look around. :(

Edited by purplesky