Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

mm.. i like pebble wash too.. sort of trap dust off our shoes or feet when entering the house.. but then i tot of using vacuum to suck up the trapped dust.. little did i know it could b bad to vacuum the pebble wash area.. then how to clean tat area? dust all trapped in there easily.. not tat my place hv it done la.. but jus curious..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Cindy

Nice to meet you yesterday afternoon...sorry cannot talk to you lah.....and even you disappeared I also dont know!

Anyway, abit urgent right now...I thought of doing something on the foyer area...any suggestions other than pebblewash?

My thought: Have another granite tiles? Just the foyer area.

HAPPY

Hi Krieg,

I actually wanna to do pebblewash for my foyer but both ID and my friends disapprove my action because the pebble will come out by itself after a few years. My friends's neighbour who has pebbleswash on her foyer suffered from lost of pebbles after using the vacuum cleaner. This is especially true when you are using very fine/small pebbles.

Do take note!

Bro, only a section of your foyer floor or is it 2 diff colours of pebbles?

only a section right in front of the main door.

The flat area is cement screeded.

Hi Krieg,

I actually wanna to do pebblewash for my foyer but both ID and my friends disapprove my action because the pebble will come out by itself after a few years. My friends's neighbour who has pebbleswash on her foyer suffered from lost of pebbles after using the vacuum cleaner. This is especially true when you are using very fine/small pebbles.

Do take note!

It our first time doing this, so haf no idea about losing pebbles due to cleaning.

Then will ask the contractor to keep the rest of the pebbles for future use :dunno:

mm.. i like pebble wash too.. sort of trap dust off our shoes or feet when entering the house.. but then i tot of using vacuum to suck up the trapped dust.. little did i know it could b bad to vacuum the pebble wash area.. then how to clean tat area? dust all trapped in there easily.. not tat my place hv it done la.. but jus curious..

just vacuum or use water to wash out the dirt/dust lor... since it called pebble-wash

only a section right in front of the main door.

The flat area is cement screeded.

my method of pebble wash is different from yours... mine will look like it has a layer of varnish over the floor, hopefully this will make the pebbles more "sticky" and not come out

hopefully the final product will be like what my ID told me

Hi there

I need advise.

Was at our unit yesterday afternoon, realised that I cant insert a 3 pin plug into the wall socket. Must I remove something?

Hi there

I need advise.

Was at our unit yesterday afternoon, realised that I cant insert a 3 pin plug into the wall socket. Must I remove something?

not for my unit, everything works like normal. which wall socket r u referring to?

bobo_girl, nothing need to be removed.. but our sockets all quite hard.. so try pushing in harder or pulling out harder.. tats wat i experienced..

Xlan & OnePostWonder

Thanks for your message, will try again this saturday.

Do you guys report deflects such as, uneven wall, visibly uneven wall tiles, uneven paint on HSS door, slanted door knobs, chaped switches, scratches on door knobs/locks???

By the way, the lady at the 27b office mentioned that they are stay for another month or two.

Edited by bobo_girl

Xlan & OnePostWonder

Thanks for your message, will try again this saturday.

Do you guys report deflects such as, uneven wall, visibly uneven wall tiles, uneven paint on HSS door, slanted door knobs, chaped switches, scratches on door knobs/locks???

By the way, the lady at the 27b office mentioned that they are stay for another month or two.

so far we did not experienced what you've experienced. :dancingqueen:

uneven wall is common. you need to perform plastering if you want your walls to be "swee swee"... :~

In fact above mentioned deflects was highlighted by a "yet to appoint ID", maybe was trying hard to impress.

Was thinking even if we were to report, that main-con will come up with tons and tons of reasons for not being able to rectify.....

hello all.. just to share. i get hdb to come in and rectify even through my renovation was on-going at that time. there is one point of time where my hubby discovered the poor workmanship of the plastering after my renovation guy paint 2 coats liao. then i made HDB to come in and do. luckily they responded v fast for my case.

i just report those more serious case like water seepage . i reported 2 time but the problem still comes bk. v pek chek le. now that affected area is covered by my wardrobe..so i dunno whether now still have water seepage when it rains or not...

...i even got sunken kitchen floor tile. but luckily only 1 pcs and not visible..so just close 1 eye on it.

yeah i read about that in yesterday's The New Paer

i m jus curious so how much does en bloc residents have to pay for their new flat?

mm.. if i rem correctly.. for my unit 85sqm 4rm.. enbloc price 4yrs back.. was $220K+..

In fact above mentioned deflects was highlighted by a "yet to appoint ID", maybe was trying hard to impress.

Was thinking even if we were to report, that main-con will come up with tons and tons of reasons for not being able to rectify.....

Was driving past JM today and cant help noticing the exterior paintwork of some units of block27A from mid floor onwards already deteriorated. Saw the whole row(I think its at the room)external wall all have two shades of cream colour.

:bangwall:

Edited by terazzo