Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Kancheong King... Where To Hold Customary Dinner?

Check the grade and year - I am quite sure a hi-end place like swissotel won't offer 'supermarket' wines. Its a 'face' thing and very important for their reputation.

you're right. yesterday, we went carrefour and checked on the wine which we wanted to buy from swissotel. the year is different!:sport-smiley-004: which mean the wine sells at carrefour and the wine from swissotel is different although the name of the wine is the same. :D

we chose this date out of the 15 auspicious dates given by fengshui master.

i see. we got our date from a medium who we've seen her for many years liao. :sport-smiley-004:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
you're right. yesterday, we went carrefour and checked on the wine which we wanted to buy from swissotel. the year is different!:D which mean the wine sells at carrefour and the wine from swissotel is different although the name of the wine is the same. :)

which brand and year is it? perhaps the hotel kept the wine for a while so tt the taste is fully developed.

i see. we got our date from a medium who we've seen her for many years liao. :wub:

was it expensive? we got the contact of the master from singaporebrides.

Yeah.. holding so close to CNY you better inform guests in advance... in case they skip town.. lol..

your FS master use what to calculate the dates? Wan Nian Li? Coz the tong Shu not out yet.

most guests are from hubby's side... so it's his prob! :jawdrop:

ya should be wan nian li... aren't too familiar wif these terms

Hi Roidana,

mine is big Sally too!!! She is great... By the way, u mind sharing your package with me to look c look c....

hehehe....

Another BC bride? wow! :(

-Not all wine should be kept for long...

-Actually you can get decent reserve wine also for less than 20 bucks a bottle.. then again.. nowadays reserve is used rather loosely..

Reserve wine is a term given to a specific wine to imply that is of a higher quality than usual. Traditionally winemakers would "reserve" some of their best wine rather than sell it immediately, coining the term.

Sometimes, reserve wine originates from the best vineyards, or the best barrels, making it more special. Additionally, reserve wines might be made in a style suited to longer aging periods. However, the mere presence of the term "reserve" on a wine label may be nothing but a marketing strategy. Indeed, in the case of one of the largest-selling premium wines, Kendall-Jackson chardonnay, every single bottle produced is "Vintner's Reserve." To indicate a genuine reserve wine, Kendall-Jackson had to resort to "Grand Reserve."

In Spain and Italy, the equivalent terms of "reserva" and "riserva", respectively, are controlled by law, at least ensuring that reserve wines get some additional aging.

Outside of these countries, there is typically no regulation whatsoever. Like the term "old vines," "reserve" should indicate a wine that is special, or at least different in flavor or aging potential. In general, the more reputable the producer, the more likely the word "reserve" is meaningful. Similarly, the presence of a non-reserve or "regular" bottling makes it more likely that there is something unique inside.

Partly because of the often flimsy meaning of "reserve," many wineries produce named cuvées instead. Typically these are genuine reserve wines

-Adapted from wikipedia-

You should also understand what wine you guys are looking at.

- Old world or new world wines ?

- Ease to drink. E.g. Cabernet Merlot / Merlot goes well with most people. Pinot Noir also very nice and goes well with most people. Cabernet Sauvignon has a nice aroma and ages quite well but pretty high in tannin.. so ... ppl could find it slightly bitter/dry aftertaste..

thanks korea. we only having abt 20-25 tables, so was considering panorama room. liked the high level (24th floor), long aisle and sweet cherubs theme. price reasonable too. may consider other 4-star hotels due to budget constraints. our wedding day is 20 jan 2009.

Ur wedding day is my birthday, lol....we can celebrate together, hehe...

Another BC bride? wow! :bow:

Looks like BC is another BS to chk out for sure ;)

which brand and year is it? perhaps the hotel kept the wine for a while so tt the taste is fully developed.

was it expensive? we got the contact of the master from singaporebrides.

huh? you mean swissotel keeps the wines? no lah. it's impossible. what i meant is that the wine swissotel has is year xxxx but the wine carrefour sells is year xxxx. both wines are in different year. the year of the wine cannot run mah. :bow:

oh, the medium doesn't accept $$$. we only need to donate some $$$ as a token of appreciation. maybe $2 or something more. ;)

Looks like BC is another BS to chk out for sure :deal:

can we celebrate a bit earlier? that.. my birthday and ROM day also..

and YES .. BC another BS to check out. fer sure.

alot of RT brides with them...

heh heh... but like wat phantom said... too near to cny liao. so now may bring forward to dec 08 or even oct 08 :dancingqueen:

Looks like BC is another BS to chk out for sure :sport-smiley-004:

ya my sis oso signed wif BC at liang seah. she say the gowns there nice. but the photography seems very normal...

http://www.bridalconcept.com.sg

grand copthorne wedding show oso on same day...

http://www.singaporebrides.com/features/article070701.htm

Edited by cornetto

i see. we got our date from a medium who we've seen her for many years liao. :notti:

Hi Korea, can you pm me your medium's contact and address? My good friend getting married and looking for reliable fortune teller/ FS master/ etc to help her check for the dates.

Thanks in Advance if you can give me her contacts. :bow:

I'm going for the GCW one.

Wife and I had discussion on fullerton.. we don't like the ballroom actually..

heh heh... but like wat phantom said... too near to cny liao. so now may bring forward to dec 08 or even oct 08 :dancingqueen:

Oct and Nov 08 quite booked up.. i've enquired.. DEC ppl go for leave and holidays.. early part is safer.

Found a new BS.. share with you guys... seems new in SG

http://www.signorianuziale.com/

Anyone who have intention to drop by do give feedbacks.. :paint:

Their styles look interesting..

Check the SingaporeBrides Forum thread on this BS..

:drunk:

I do agree the photography very "dreamy" ..

can we celebrate a bit earlier? that.. my birthday and ROM day also..

and YES .. BC another BS to check out. fer sure.

alot of RT brides with them...

Hmm..not only RT i tink...sgbrides got a thread on BC too...looks like its worth a visit loh. Sophia is another popular one...

Personally, i dun like Dec...i plan mine in Sep...Since u r bringing urs forward, after u cfm the venue, its time to search for BS liao, keke...

Anyone has any recommendations for AD PG & VG?

Hmm..not only RT i tink...sgbrides got a thread on BC too...looks like its worth a visit loh. Sophia is another popular one...

Sophia price range around what you know anot?

where is it?

Personally, i dun like Dec...i plan mine in Sep...Since u r bringing urs forward, after u cfm the venue, its time to search for BS liao, keke...

Anyone has any recommendations for AD PG & VG?

Yah... cheesecake has a point.

yo cheesecake.. i've got PG.. i've heard very good.. but price is like 2k to 3k range leh. for 1 day..

i think should change the thread title..

now we talking abt PGs.. ADs... VGs.. BSs... :dancingqueen: