Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eR1c

My New Home

The tiles that i have selected. My contractor cut a piece of each for me to bring home. Took a long time to choose the colors of the tiles... have to match this and match that... hahaha

Living Room / All Bedrooms / Store room Floor - Polished Homogeneous Tiles (60 x 60)

LivingRoom-Bedroom-StoreroomHomogen.jpg

Kitchen Floor - Rough Homogeneous Tiles (60 x 60)

KitchenHomogeneousFloorTilesSmall.jpg

Common Toilet Floor - Rough Homogeneous Tiles (30 x 30)

CommonToiletHomogeneousFloorTilesSm.jpg

Kitchen / Common Toilet Wall - Matt Ceramic Tiles (30 x 30)

Kitchen-CommonToiletCeramicWallTile.jpg

For the master bedroom toilets, i choose a different color from the common toilet.

Master Bedroom Toilet Floor - Rough Homogeneous Tiles (30 x 30)

MBRToiletHomogeneousFloorTilesSmall.jpg

Master Bedroom Toilet Wall - Gloss Ceramic Tiles (30 x 20)

MBRToiletCeremicWallTilesSmall.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My new place is at Blk 801, Woodlands St 81, just infront of the Republic Polytechnic Campus.

Its about 10mins walk to Causeway Point. Previously living in Kim Tian Rd (near Tiong Bahru). Got this place as resale and with my mum.

Kim Tian Rd? The hot place now and so convenient! Why move to Woodlands?

Just a bit kpo, are you one of those that sold their place for the sky-high price during this property craze? :dancingqueen:

hi, you may want to reconsider the rough tiles for kitchen and common bathroom :D

coz heard from friends who have them in the kitchen it's almost impossible to keep them clean

not advisable for areas with heavy human traffic or constant contact with water

had wanted the rough tiles too but in the end opted for smooth ones

Kim Tian Rd? The hot place now and so convenient! Why move to Woodlands?

Just a bit kpo, are you one of those that sold their place for the sky-high price during this property craze? :D

becoz the house here is **** expensive lor...

nope, i am not one of them.. mine current house is only 4 rm, 91sqm... cannot command such high price,

further more, it face the sunrise and sunset. and i sold it before the craze went super craze...

But the one dat sold at sky-high price is near my place... hahaha but at very high level...

hi, you may want to reconsider the rough tiles for kitchen and common bathroom :D

coz heard from friends who have them in the kitchen it's almost impossible to keep them clean

not advisable for areas with heavy human traffic or constant contact with water

had wanted the rough tiles too but in the end opted for smooth ones

i took to the ideas of the rough tiles after going to my fren house, he had this rough tiles.

cleaning is not a big problem, just have to put in more effort.. hahaha

but it is not slippery when wet, that is my main concern, not good for old folks if too slippery.

anyway, the tiles have been laid liao.. hahaha :D

wow very fast :D

good to hear that cleaning is not a problem

my kitchen and toilet tiles are provided by hdb and got no budget so not changing

got pix? me pix junky :D

The Big Pile of Sands for mixing with cements...

SandsSmall.jpg

The tiling started...

Tiling01Small.jpg

Tiling03Small.jpg

Tiling05Small.jpg

Tiling07Small.jpg

Tiling03Small.jpg

Nothing was done on the balcony yet, coz i have yet to do the design...

Tiling02Small.jpg

Tiling06Small.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, what is this for?

actually, i also dunno... hahaha

never ask them when i was there....

Wow :( ...looks like Stonehenge :D Interesting...first time see this...others use strings to level it......also don't know why use stone?

Great to see your reno is moving very fast...

Edited by lifestyle

More Tiling photos

Tiling08Small.jpg

Tiling09Small.jpg

Tiling12Small.jpg

Tiling10Small.jpg

Tiling11Small.jpg

The kitchen wall tiles are also up liao...

Tiling16Small.jpg

Tiling17Small.jpg

Master Bedroom Toilet Floor

Tiling13Small.jpg

The area for my washing machine.. the base is not constructed yet. And my new rubbish chute... :(

Tiling18Small.jpg

Common Toilet is almost done

Tiling19Small.jpg

The design for my balcony

BalconyTiles01Small.jpg

BalconyTiles02Small.jpg

The pebble wash that i have to choose..

One is mixed with cement, the other is some white cement or something like that.

PebblesWashSmall.jpg

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forum! :)

your reno progress bery fast ley. 2nd week oredi did so much. mine oso 2nd week, but only did 1 section of living room tiles and MBR toilet wall tiles !! oso targetting to shift in before hungry ghost festival but looks like can't make it liao... :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forum! :)

your reno progress bery fast ley. 2nd week oredi did so much. mine oso 2nd week, but only did 1 section of living room tiles and MBR toilet wall tiles !! oso targetting to shift in before hungry ghost festival but looks like can't make it liao... :sport-smiley-018:

Hi snowpear, thanx. :(

well. i would said that this is all thanks to my contractor, and also, resale house are given 1 month to do renovation only lor... (got this from HDB Website). But according to my contractor, those renovation part that requires lots of heavy knocking, heavy drilling..etc have to finish by 1 month... those small small stuffs, can do it after 1 month... as long dun do it at odd hours.

My contractor is quite on schedule or even faster... but without compromising the work quality. That's why i choose them mah... :(

Edited by eR1c

good sia, your contractor on the ball :notti: my contractor is my FIL, so cannot rush him if not wait he tink i dun respect him :notti:

mine is 3rm, so by right shld finish major works by end Jul. bobianz lor, just see how it goes, maybe can take the hungry ghost month to tidy up the new place and prepare for house warming keke... :D

wa, but 2nd week really very very very efficient lei. i got days in between the reno no work done one coz id say in case the previous trade cannot finish what they need to do so no clash. yr one everyday got people working?

the stoneheage thingy really funny le. hehe. ask lei, wat is the purpose for? :notti:

oh ya, i kinda regretted my rough surface toilet tiles in MBR. i find its a bit harder to maintain. coz my common toilet is polished homogeneous easier to mop lo. n polish looks nicer! hee.. but mine oso laid la, too late! :notti: