Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eR1c

My New Home

Some more tilings photos...

The master bedroom toilet is almost done liao.. all blue blue... kekeke

Tiling20Small.jpg

Tiling21Small.jpg

The base for the washing machine, as well as a small base for the cabinet that will hide the rubbish chute..

Tiling26Small.jpg

The low wall which where my kitchen sink is and where behind is my washing machine..

Tiling27Small.jpg

Edited by eR1c

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
my contractor is my FIL, so cannot rush him if not wait he tink i dun respect him 8|

mine is 3rm, so by right shld finish major works by end Jul. bobianz lor, just see how it goes, maybe can take the hungry ghost month to tidy up the new place and prepare for house warming keke... :)

Wat is 'FIL'? When did ur reno started??

My schedule is abit tight, coz my current house also handling over around mid Aug lor...

My buyer is not bantang and not in the rush, so even for them, ghost fest, they also can ****,

My reno handover date is 21/07 and shifting in is set on 09/08 liao... that gives me around 3 weeks to get my furniture from IKEA, set it up, and also to slowly shift my boxes over... the day of official shifting will be the heavier stuffs, which i engage shifting companies to do.

wa, but 2nd week really very very very efficient lei. i got days in between the reno no work done one coz id say in case the previous trade cannot finish what they need to do so no clash. yr one everyday got people working?

the stoneheage thingy really funny le. hehe. ask lei, wat is the purpose for? :P

oh ya, i kinda regretted my rough surface toilet tiles in MBR. i find its a bit harder to maintain. coz my common toilet is polished homogeneous easier to mop lo. n polish looks nicer! hee.. but mine oso laid la, too late! :P

My Renovation Company also have ID services, but since i doing designing myself.. i engage them more as contractor. nevertheless, they are good at co-ordinating... Everyday, there is people working lor... Last Sat, they are doing the plastering and i also marked out the electrical points with my contractor and the electrician liao.

Also the windows are changed and this week, they will start on the plumbing, sanitary wares installation, as well as running the electrical wirings liao...

Also, the they have their own carpentry workshop opposite their office/showroom, my carpentry are also being done up simultaneously liao..

The stoneheage ar... hmmm... my guess is maybe to add weights to press the tiles firmly down? will have to ask my contractor about it liao...

but polished tiles is slippery when wet lor... dangerous to have it in the toilet.. especially with old folks...

The Balcony design...

(day time)

Tiling22Small.jpg

Tiling23Small.jpg

(nite time with flash)

Tiling24Small.jpg

Tiling25Small.jpg

the pebble wash dun look dark, think becoz they haven't clean/wash up after the works yet...

This are the sanitary wares that i bought at the supplier of my contractor..

Kitchen Sink (Length abt 52cm, Width abt 44cm, Depth abt 24cm) made from one piece of material, not wielded together, and with some anti-condensation coating underneath

KitchenSinkSmall.jpg

The sink tap to go with it

KitchenSinkTapSmall.jpg

i dun have the pics of the wc that i bought. the brand is Velin with delay close action. The master bedroom will be sky blue in color. The common toilet will be almond in color, which the basin is the same brand and same color. When i got the pics, will post it here.

The basin tap for common toilet

CommonToiletBasinTapSmall.jpg

This is the basin for master bedroom, but instead of the green color bowl, it will be blue color glass bowl. kekeke.

MBRToiletBasinSmall.jpg

And the basin tap to go with it

MBRToiletBasinTapSmall.jpg

The mirror and glass shelf (for putting cups, toothbrush... etc) for both toilet.

ToiletMirrorSmall.jpg

ToiletGlassShelfSmall.jpg

This is the Instant water heater that i have bought for both toilet.

ToiletInstantHeaterSmall.jpg

As the master bedroom toilet is blue, and the heater is white, i am going to spray the cover of the heater to blue color myself... kekeke

And the shower spray for master bedroom toilet. Dun want to use the original spray coz it is white in color. The master bedroom toilet is blue and the accessories is chrome, and so, dun want white color in there lor.. so change to the chrome type. hahaha The common toilet will use the original spray, coz it is white in color.

MBRToiletShowerSpraySmall.jpg

This is the 2 way tap for connecting to the water heater and a rubber hose.

Toilet2-WayTapSmall.jpg

This is the 2 bidet spray i got for each toilet.

CommonToiletBidetSpraySmall.jpg

MBRToiletBidetSpraySmall.jpg

wow that's a lot of purchases at one go

my sink tap looks a little like yours

great minds think alike :good:

yup, coz i dun like to keep running around to buy lor, and also the renovation is tight and plus i working, so dun have time to run around also..

Got my Hood & Hob from the same shop as i got my sanitary wares.

The brand is Cuizino.

Hood

SelectedHoodSmall.jpg

Hob

SelectedHobSmall.jpg

Some of Hob features

HoodFeaturesSmall.jpg

The new windows.

All sliding and with top hung panels

Living Room

window01Small.jpg

Balcony

window02Small.jpg

Kitchen

window07Small.jpg

Common Toilet

window08Small.jpg

Master Bedroom

window03Small.jpg

Master Bedroom Toilet

window04Small.jpg

Mum's Room

window05Small.jpg

Study Room

window06Small.jpg

ai yo, my top hung windows oso no use lo. coz i've this sun shield metal thing outside the window the hdb did (to block out some evening sun) then its below the top hung so even if i open my top hung, the rain hit the metal thing will still splatter into my flat lo. :D its again so true that in life one can never have two good things. i prefer longer windows though, makes the room looks bigger (i find la). hee..

eric, things looking good! feel excited for u!

Edited by LinDa

Hi..congrats on your new home.. really big and spacious... look like your reno is progressing well.. enjoy the process and post more for us.. :)

top-hung windows, good choice :bleah:

used to have them but backside itchy go and change

now everytime raining stuffy like mad :)

its my mum command to have that.. hahaha

but i find it useful too. at least i can still enjoy the cold air when raining and won't worry about getting the place wet...

but the sliding window pane is smaller lor...

eric, things looking good! feel excited for u!
look like your reno is progressing well.. enjoy the process and post more for us.. :D

well, things is not good today... felt so sianz.... a small part of the renovation is not good... will post the picture later after i edit it...

OKie... the photos of wat went wrong.... :P

Lets start with Master Bedroom toilet. When i reached there and saw that everything was up except the toilet bowl which is outside, i was so happy.

MBRToilet01Small.jpg

But going in to see, found that they have used the wrong tap on my basin!!

MBRToiletBasin01Small.jpg

MBRToiletBasin02Small.jpg

That tap was supposed to be my Kitchen Sink Tap!:)!!

and becoz they used this tap in here, due to the tap height, the glass shelf and mirror was push higher than normal. The glass shelf was oredi my chest level (i am 1.77m) and the mirror was also higher! i was like :bleah:!:D!????:lol:!:wub:????:D!!,

i quickly went to the common toilet and see..

CommonToilet01Small.jpg

and there it is, the tap that is meant for the master bedroom toilet was in the common toilet basin!

CommonToiletBasinSmall.jpg

i was like #@!*&^ liao.... :P Common sense will tell that the tap in the Master Bedroom basin is a kitchen sink tap, becoz it is too hight and also the tap can be swivel left and right.

Went back to the Master bedroom toilet and found another problem!

MBRToiletBasinPipingSmall.jpg

The piping and water trap of the basin was supposed to be chrome in color!! The Sanitary Wares shop that i purchase it said he will throw in the chrome water trap for free and also, he will inform Bobby about it so that they will use chrome piping! Common sense again will tell that this design should go with chrome piping and water trap mah!! if not, if looks **** ugly lor!!

Next, i went to the common toilet, and again another problem. The instant water heater and the 2 way tap!:) They are in the wrong position!:bleah:!!

CommonToiletShowerSet01Small.jpg

The water heater was supposed to be near the toilet windows! coz my toilet door will open towards left, so if the heater and tap is there, my door will surely hit it!! I told my contractor about this last sat when doing the electrical marking! How can this be wrong???? i was so upset.

I quickly made a call to my contractor! Then i was told that there was no other tap liao... all taps have been used! But i remember wanted a normal lever basin tap for the common toilet. I called the Sanitary Shop and after going thru the invoice, found out that the tap was missed out in the invoice! That's why, when they install the taps, they cannot find other tap, so they just anyhow install the taps.... :D and that happened to be the wrong tap. I mean, they could have call me to verify with me! So i made an order for the lever basin tap and ask them to send to my contractor who will come down to replace the wrong taps!! And also the chrome water trap will be pass to them to replace as well. My Contractor also said will change the piping to chrome color lor....

And then the master bedroom toilet glass shelf and mirror.....

They have to be shifted! The glass shelf and mirror are just tooo high becoz of the kitchen tap!! I told my contractor i want it to be lowered. and i dun want to see the previously drilled holes.... :lol: My contractor told me to marked out the height of the glass shelf and mirror on the wall and they will change the height. So i made the marking with masking tape. Hopefully, this shifting for mirror will cover the wrong holes for the glass shelf... :wub:

MBRToiletGlassShelfMirrorNewMarking.jpg

Now the Common toilet water heater and the tap, my Contractor said will change the location to my new marking.. I was worried with the old holes.... but my contractor said i will not see the old holes lor... hopefully, there better be a way to cover it, else i will definitely ask them to change the tiles there... :D

CommonToiletShowerSetNewMarkingSmal.jpg

CommonToilet2WayTapNewMarkingSmall.jpg

The toilet bowl for the common toilet was installed. and everything seems ok with it...

CommonToiletBowlSmall.jpg

This toilet bowl is the velin brand and came with a soft close design.

Then i checked the Master Bedroom toilet water heater's water pressure. And i got a surprise. The water that came out from the shower head was **** weak!!

MBRToiletShowerSet02Small.jpg

MBRToiletShowerSet03Small.jpg

I was wondering how come like this.

Went to the common toilet and try the heater there.. The output was ok.

CommonToiletShowerSet03Small.jpg

I was trying to figure out why the master bedroom water toilet was so weak?... I try the taps in the master bedroom toilet and the water output was all ok. So i took out the shower head and see the water that came out from the hose, it seems ok...

So i went to the common toilet, took out the shower head and installed it in the master bedroom toilet and viola, the water output was ok! This shows that the new shower head was not good, either the internal design sucks or something cloaked it!! I even took video clips of the different.

Everything was oredi installed, so alternatives was to use the original shower head that came with the water heater. But i couldn't find it in the boxes in the living room. So i called my contractor and after he checked his office, it was not there either. I called the sanitary shop and they said they will send it together with the tap that i order tomorrow. :P

Sigh.... this few problems really brings down my day.... :P

Of all the things to install wrongly, it had to be in the toilets. I dun mind if it is in the wall, coz can just plastered and paint over easily, but toilets have wall tiles and once drilled, the hole is there liao, unless replace the tiles... Also, if they is any slight doubt, they should consult the owner before drilling anything mah... if not once drill wrongly, the damage it done and not easiy rectify lor....

So for those who are starting the renovation, please do let the ID/Contractor know that if they have any doubt about the placement of water heater or toilet accessories, to call u and verify first before drilling... else will be too late after u went to see.... The best will be to be there to over see the installation...

sigh.............. 8|:(:(:(