Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eR1c

My New Home

wah, i dun mean to make fun of u but when i first saw the pic, i was wondering why this owner so wierd. used such a kitchen tap for the toilet. then after i read on, omg.. this really shdnt happen.. if it happens to me, i wldnt know to laugh or cry..

your pics are really like those games where u pin pt where the mistakes are. u definitely need to get your contractor to get u new tiles. if not if u were to change the glass shelf in the future, u might not be able to get new ones with the exact same holes. then there will be more HOLES..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wah, i dun mean to make fun of u but when i first saw the pic, i was wondering why this owner so wierd. used such a kitchen tap for the toilet. then after i read on, omg.. this really shdnt happen.. if it happens to me, i wldnt know to laugh or cry..

your pics are really like those games where u pin pt where the mistakes are. u definitely need to get your contractor to get u new tiles. if not if u were to change the glass shelf in the future, u might not be able to get new ones with the exact same holes. then there will be more HOLES..

Coz i was so upset yesterday that i go hard time sleeping.... :sport-smiley-004:

Anyway, for the MBR toilet, the holes drilled is in between tiles, so maybe after taking the screws out, can cover up and still not so obvious, plus, by shifting the mirror down, hopefully, it can cover the previous holes.

For the Water heater in the common toilet, the holes drill is on the tiles itself...

My contractor promise to rectify the problem and i will go and see again lor...

if the hole is not visible, i still ok with it, but if still can see the hole, i will ask them to replace those tiles lor....

sigh..... !!

today, if got time, sure will rush down there to see see again....

Thanks for sharing the info & pic to all of us to avoid such incidents.

I would definitely ask the tiler/contractor to redo the tiles due to incorrect height. You never know any future issues arising from such patching up the holes on tiles.

Is best to agree on paper with everthing like design & measurements before starting anything just to aviod any misunderstanding. This is what we are doing now with our ID.

Also best to have lots of communication flow and try to be on-site as much as possible in case see anything incorrect early.

Cheers :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by lifestyle

Hi! dont be too sad. They can replace that particular tile with the holes. dont worry. I had a similar problem last time and they are able to hack out just that tile to replace it :sport-smiley-004:

Halo eR1c,

Regarding the water pressure from your shower head in the master room toilet, the design of the head is of the thicker type than your common bathroom, hence as the water passes through the heater (where it is constricted into a narrow pipe for heating) the water pressure drops and with a larger volume head, the water flow is further weakened as it comes out.

You may wish to buy separately a shower head with a slimmer design on the head.....similar to the one your common bathroom has.

My mum's toilet had this problem too, so I bought her a new slim shower head (10 bucks) , I will post a picture below... and she is a happy mum now.

Halo eR1c,

Regarding the water pressure from your shower head in the master room toilet, the design of the head is of the thicker type than your common bathroom, hence as the water passes through the heater (where it is constricted into a narrow pipe for heating) the water pressure drops and with a larger volume head, the water flow is further weakened as it comes out.

You may wish to buy separately a shower head with a slimmer design on the head.....similar to the one your common bathroom has.

My mum's toilet had this problem too, so I bought her a new slim shower head (10 bucks) , I will post a picture below... and she is a happy mum now.

Hi espresso, thanks for the tips.. i took the original shower head from the common toilet and try in the MBR toilet and the water output was good... so i will be using the original shower head for the time being lor...

actually, i also dunno... hahaha

never ask them when i was there....

give pressure to the tiles so that it would "dry" faster"? haha....

Went to my new house yesterday afternoon. rsuh there to see see and then rush back home coz got wedding dinner to attend lor.

My contractor have oredi re-adjusted the MBR toilet's glass shelf and mirror and also change out the kitchen sink tap with the correct tap for my MBR Toilet Basin tap. The mirror was able to cover the previous holes and they will plaster up the holes later. Luckily, the holes are in between tiles, so its not very obivous.

Amendments02Small.jpg

As for the common toilet's water heater, it was taken down liao.

Amendments03Small.jpg

They have to wait till the tiles near the toilet windows is laid before they can fix it up at the location i wanted. The 2-way tap will also be shifted to the location i wanted too. As for those previous holes, my contractor told me that they will replace those tiles... yeah! :furious:

Amendments01Small.jpg

Also, i ask my contractor how come the toilet bowl for the MBR toilet is not installed yet. He told me that, the supplier has sent the toilet bowl with the wrong sewage hole dimension lor.. so they are waiting for them to send the correct toilet bowl.

And for the MBR Toilet basin's water trap and piping, they will change it when they installed the toilet bowl together.

so far everything is quite ok... yeah!

Edited by eR1c

some of the pics of the plastering of wall and ceiling. The final product was very 'swee' and flat!! really love the flat surfaces. totally different from the inital wall look. The feel is so flat too.. :yamseng:

Plastering01Small.jpg

Plastering02Small.jpg

Plastering04Small.jpg

Plastering05Small.jpg

The guy who was doing the plastering.. (last saturaday)

Plastering03Small.jpg

And this is the Lightings that i got from 3T Lightings at Jln Besar area.

Cost me total of $1230

Living Room Light $140 (3 PLL tubes. Original was only 2 tube, but i wanted 3 tube coz i want it to be bright, so the sales lady said will help me mod it to 3 tube)

LivingRoomLight01Small.jpg

LivingRoomLight02Small.jpg

Dinning Pendant Light $110 (it looks somethign like this, but i walnut in color and there are more holes)

DinningPendantLightSmall.jpg

Balcony / Toilet Lights $48 (the design for the balcony and both toilets are the same, but i will be spraying the toilet's casing blue. :notti: )

BalconyToiletLightsSmall.jpg

Kitchen Light $32 (2 of this light. Choose this becoz my kitchen is long, so need to fill the whole area. and 2 x 2ft florescent tube should be bright enough)

KitchenLightsSmall.jpg

Mum / Study room Light $140 (The design is somethign like this, but with 3 tubes of light. My mum wants her room to be bright coz she will be doing some sewing in her room. The sales lady said she will include a device inside the light that can allow the lighting swtich to swtich only 2 or 3 light. ie. 'on' once, 2 tube, 'off' then 'on' again, 3 tubes. As for my study room, i just want it to be bright)

MumBedroomStudyRoomLightSmall.jpg

Downlight Medium-$26, Small-$23 (total of 10 medium and 8 small. Medium have 2 PLC tube, small have 1 PLC tube. 4 medium will be at the dinning area, 6 medium in the living room false ceiling, 4 small at front and back L-Box in the living room. 1 small outside the storeroom, and 3 small in the L-Box of MBR. Small downlight is more for ambience feelings, while medium downlight is for lumination.)

DownLightSmall.jpg

Storeroom will be those simple 2ft florescent tube which is $10. Forgot to take the photo for the MBR Light. It will be using a 32W ring type florescent tube with a silver casing. But i will be spraying the casing blue to match the blue theme in MBR.

Last Sat marking of the electrical points and lightings point.

Yesterday, the electrical works started liao.

They were installing the trunking liao.

The materials

MaterialsSmall.jpg

Some of the trunkings routing.

Electricals01Small.jpg

Electricals02Small.jpg

Electricals03Small.jpg

Electricals04.jpg

I have quite a number of electrical points.. kekeke. coz i have alot of electronics stuffs.

I also ask them to lay CAT 5E network cable, coz i wanted to LAN up my house.

Wireless is good, less cables, but the speed is still somehow restricted. Think mostly i am going to run Gigabit LAN in my house... :(

nice lights :(

wow Gigabit LAN leh, i also want

but i have no idea how to go about it :(

think i'll just bear with the slwo connection with my wireless modem

maybe wait for N routers to be cheaper than go and buy one :)

looks very interesting indeed

anyone using this? i wonder how much each adapter will cost :(

but hor, if got 100mbps plan then Gigabit LAN will be good, esp if doing BT or online gaming :(