Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
selenal

Jamsel's Home 7681

mystique - ya agree with depening on him wld be disaster liao... hahaha... scouting ard for wedding bands also.... *siGh* i told him that he mus arrange our honeymoon... dn he joke say go batam ... i gave him killer stare lor.... wahlao really bth sometimes... *bish*

abt hacking wall and positionin bed at study room we did tell our ID that and he came up with the floor plan for us... buden thinking again, if we put our bed there, the MBR space is really wasted.... it wld only have our computers and wardrobes... other half feels the spce really wasted lo... so told ID to redo floor plan lo... i really duno wad to do with the MBR the positioning of the bed is really headache... and am reconsidering getting King lor... heh

dunno abt the FS thing but the tiles wil kena a bit... have to ask HDB for spare if possible... eh i also nt sure... my ID wld knw better so leave evrything to him bah....

can i ask ah... if we collect keys, we wil sign leave at the same time is it? cos was goin thru the web abt paying for the legal fees... stamp fees... conveyancy fees... we pay at the time we collect keys together with 10% dwnpayment ah??? if we nt enuf cash to pay wil they stil give us keys or not???

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
mystique - ya agree with depening on him wld be disaster liao... hahaha... scouting ard for wedding bands also.... *siGh* i told him that he mus arrange our honeymoon... dn he joke say go batam ... i gave him killer stare lor.... wahlao really bth sometimes... *bish*

abt hacking wall and positionin bed at study room we did tell our ID that and he came up with the floor plan for us... buden thinking again, if we put our bed there, the MBR space is really wasted.... it wld only have our computers and wardrobes... other half feels the spce really wasted lo... so told ID to redo floor plan lo... i really duno wad to do with the MBR the positioning of the bed is really headache... and am reconsidering getting King lor... heh

dunno abt the FS thing but the tiles wil kena a bit... have to ask HDB for spare if possible... eh i also nt sure... my ID wld knw better so leave evrything to him bah....

can i ask ah... if we collect keys, we wil sign leave at the same time is it? cos was goin thru the web abt paying for the legal fees... stamp fees... conveyancy fees... we pay at the time we collect keys together with 10% dwnpayment ah??? if we nt enuf cash to pay wil they stil give us keys or not???

who's your ID? I got previous quote from another ID exactly as what your layout of your MBR and SR described. I eventually scrapped that idea and choose not to hack the wall and remains as it is.

during keys collection will be the time when all documents are signed, all $$ in cpf wiped away (for the 10% deposit, and the many other related fees stated in the document plus 1 month of the housing instalment), and finally keys collected. If not enough cash in cpf to pay for all these, they will deduct away from the 2k deposit and if still not enough then you will have to top up in cash bah. And also still need to pay for fire insurance, 3 months S&C charges, PUB account opening, etc etc ....

Same situation as u.. My hubby oso doin nothing much. I was the one finding out about almost everything so far.. I was the one reading up on the IDs and arranging for appointment, buying n flipping thru mags for ideas, search for invitation card, photographer, flowers, even doing up the budget for our wedding, house n honeymoon..

Been complaining to my frens.. hehe.. then they suggest to assign him some things to do but he will say "Ok, ok" but after awhile he will forget abt it. Then the task still not done! Might as well I do it.. if depend on him, think the wedding will a disaster in the making..

Back to reno.. so far i went to 5 IDs.. we haven't decided yet, waiting for some of their quotes but we have 1 or 2 which created a good impression.

By the way, anyone goin to hack the MBR + study wall and position the bed at the original study rm area? Some IDs suggested dat but was thinking, in terms of FS, toilet is behind the bed, is it OK?

Mine also! *grumbles* ROM, wedding, house, ID, bridal shoot, electrical appliances, almost everything is i research and plan de. :D

Maybe i'm to enthu la. If let him do dont know when then settle everything lor. well at least most of the finance he settle. :bangwall:

Kayser - my ID is my frn... hw much ur ID quote you??? wa... hmm wld u knw roughly hw much we have to pay if u add up all the fees u mentioned? including deposit... '

Angelwrath - we all macham same plight... haha i also so enthu... find evrything then nw a bit overwhelmed liao... a bit tired also... feel like so rush and no time leh... :sport-smiley-004::dunno:

Kayser - my ID is my frn... hw much ur ID quote you??? wa... hmm wld u knw roughly hw much we have to pay if u add up all the fees u mentioned? including deposit... '

Angelwrath - we all macham same plight... haha i also so enthu... find evrything then nw a bit overwhelmed liao... a bit tired also... feel like so rush and no time leh... :sport-smiley-004::dunno:

abt 40k in cpf should be enough to cover all the fees and 10% deposit needed. excess $ in cpf will also be wiped away for the payment of the rest of the outstanding amount. insurance, s&c and pub will have to be paid in cash of course.

Edited by kayser

kayser - hiong man... yeh forgot abt the 2k option fee... heh... hmmm u gotten ur keys olredi???

yah ... feels a bit siong. 1st purchase in my life that exceeds 300k. :sport-smiley-004:

My appointment is next wed. any news from you?

Ya, now i oso think space wise abit wasted if change MBR to study n wardrobe... most likely wun do la.. save $$ oso. Hacking n dunno wat else nit to do, sure exp.

Me oso more enthu than my hubby but i stil complain to him.. just reminded him again.. kakakaka...

They will oso wipe out everything fr cpf after deducting the 10% and those fees.. squeeze until dry.. think my nose will bleed by end of the yr.. !!

how much in cash we nit to provide for insurance, S&C charges, PUB account opening?

Kayser, I think for most of us, it'll be the most exp thing we've bought so far bah.. !!

So far i went to 5 IDs.. the quotes came back btw $15-20k, not inclusive of electrical works. This is just basic : Kitchen, MBR wardrobe, shelter feature wall, shoe cabinet, vanity cabinet and all those basic works.

Just now went to check out curtains at Clementi, just happened to pass by. 1 shop quoted abt $800, another at close to $2k. ??? so much difference!! have to check out others..

Ya, now i oso think space wise abit wasted if change MBR to study n wardrobe... most likely wun do la.. save $$ oso. Hacking n dunno wat else nit to do, sure exp.

Me oso more enthu than my hubby but i stil complain to him.. just reminded him again.. kakakaka...

They will oso wipe out everything fr cpf after deducting the 10% and those fees.. squeeze until dry.. think my nose will bleed by end of the yr.. :)

how much in cash we nit to provide for insurance, S&C charges, PUB account opening?

Kayser, I think for most of us, it'll be the most exp thing we've bought so far bah.. :)

So far i went to 5 IDs.. the quotes came back btw $15-20k, not inclusive of electrical works. This is just basic : Kitchen, MBR wardrobe, shelter feature wall, shoe cabinet, vanity cabinet and all those basic works.

Just now went to check out curtains at Clementi, just happened to pass by. 1 shop quoted abt $800, another at close to $2k. ??? so much difference!! have to check out others..

insurance for the hse the HDB officer will quote u on the final appt if i remember correctly...and not too expensive one. The PUB account opening also can do on the day of completion..HDB upstairs...dun have to pay cash on the spot but the account opening is $110 deposit (if i remember correctly) and they will charge u that at ur very first PUB utilities bill !! . S&C charges u have to go ur respective town council and get the giro form...which i have not done cos im too lazy...they auto detect u are the new owner of the house and send u bill...but u can also pay by SAM machine without the bill every month.

!!

yah ... feels a bit siong. 1st purchase in my life that exceeds 300k. !!

My appointment is next wed. any news from you?

stil none. oh well. nw dun really feel like hurrying them. also need to save up more. wedding plus hse really depletes one's savings. unless super duper rich lor. or been saving since young.

jamez - have rough estimate on amt???

if we dun have enuf in cpf to cover and dun have cash on hand means they wun give us keys???

hi all, just wanted to share something about utilities account

as long as you have opened the account, that would mean you have to pay for sanitary charges and 'rubbish disposal' even though you don't stay there.

usually the advice is to open only when you are going to start your renovation

if not you are paying for the water and electricity that hdb uses when rectifying defects.

got my keys in mar 07 and only opened my utilities account last week

bo bian coz got to ask them to come down and run gas pipes, if not kitchen cabinet can't go up !!

stil none. oh well. nw dun really feel like hurrying them. also need to save up more. wedding plus hse really depletes one's savings. unless super duper rich lor. or been saving since young.

jamez - have rough estimate on amt???

if we dun have enuf in cpf to cover and dun have cash on hand means they wun give us keys???

...i put all the paper in a file...then the file not with me now leh...but heres wat i can remember..u have pay:

Caveat fee: < $100

Stamp fee: < $50

Fire insurance (Basic) : < $50

"Jiap" PUB: $110 (send u first bill then pay, does not include Citygas)

These are all the cash that i can remember.

As for the CPF...u must have enough to cover at least 10% of the purchase price of the house...if not enough then u can top up with cash..and yeah..i think they wun give the keys if not enough to pay... dunno if they have any other scheme to counter this issue anot though... !!

er...if i made any mistakes please forgive me ok... !!

They will oso wipe out everything fr cpf after deducting the 10% and those fees.. squeeze until dry.. think my nose will bleed by end of the yr.. :dunno:

Kayser, I think for most of us, it'll be the most exp thing we've bought so far bah.. :disturb:

care to tell me which shop in clementi? If not wrong, both are near the market/hawker right? the one next to POSB Bank or the one next to the coffeeshop is cheaper?

hi all, just wanted to share something about utilities account

as long as you have opened the account, that would mean you have to pay for sanitary charges and 'rubbish disposal' even though you don't stay there.

usually the advice is to open only when you are going to start your renovation

if not you are paying for the water and electricity that hdb uses when rectifying defects.

got my keys in mar 07 and only opened my utilities account last week

bo bian coz got to ask them to come down and run gas pipes, if not kitchen cabinet can't go up :yamseng:

so opening of pub account can only be done at hdb hub right?

PUB is $100 deposit and it is due when they send u the first bill.

u can do it at HDB hub or at PUB outlet also...

as for S&C, 4 room - $49, 5 room - $60.50 (that is my first payment)

so opening of pub account can only be done at hdb hub right?

did mine online. just need to submit copy of NRIC by mail

my fire insurance is less than $10, just cover structural damage by fire

if you want they also sell comprehensive coverage but that one can pay by credit card

three months of S&CC depending on your flat type and TC

the rest all can pay by CPF

if you have more than enough to cover the legal / stamp / misc fees and the 10% downpayment, suggest you park some elsewhere before the appt so that you'll have some cushion if suay suay stop working :yamseng: