Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LEng

Hokkaido-japan

i went there early this year during winter...we hate tour package, so me & my wife just travel free & easy by ourselves

booked Thai airways to Tokyo, then took JAL domestic flight to Hokkaido and travel around Hokkaido in JR trains & buses :(

we're not fluent in Japanese nor do we ever had any experience wif Japan b4 the trip...we just bring dictionary everywhere we went... :notti:

hokkaido-route.jpg

u can check out my complete travel blog...with info on hotels, transports & expenses

http://blog.niveofontis.com/about/hokkaido-trip-2007/

Edited by hencpu

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Any one been Hokkaido b4?

i've signed up a 7 days tour package yesterday. But don know is it worth to go.

Any one been there can share the experience?

is it really cold? besides snow and ski...wat else can do?

if u go during winter (Dec - Mar), yes it is really cold...we're talking subzero temperatures here...i've experienced -20c while i was there...but its also depend on the location, in most major cities the temperature is not tat extreme.

the snow is fluffy & powdery, very nice for skiiing.

but if u go within these few mths, the weather will be very pleasant & still not very cold.

the autumn scenery will covered with colourful leaves, very nice.

other than trekking & sightseeing...food is very famous there, especially seafood.

Sapporo is good for shopping, but can't match Tokyo of course. :(

SA was at millenia walk.

CHan Brother was at suntec 4th floor..

I did not go to the chan brother'a fair cos it's too crowded and need to take queeue number before go in..

actually i intended to go korea so i directly went to SA tour cos understand that their korea's tour is v good.

But their korea 8 days is abt 1900+ so i might as well top up few hundreds to go Hokkaido...:bangwall:

So anyone outthere been Hokkaido b4? any experience to share?

wow, SA's korea tour is very expensive. we went to korea (7-8 days tour) 2 years ago and one person was about $1100. we booked from a travel agency at bukit timah plaza. but i forget the name liao. :bangwall: you may wish to take a look at some of the photos we took here: :bangwall:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1976

If you go during Aug- Sept, it's summer! Blooming Lavendar and sunflowers!:jawdrop: My friend will be going there to take his Bridal Photos in Sept. :)

It's quite nice cos Hokkaido's much cooler than other parts of Japan during Summer. During Summer, Japan has Fireworks Festival also. Lots of fireworks to view throughout the island.

I missed the previous fair.

How your know there is travel fair?

the next fair is on 18/09?

Last month i went to a few travel agent at chinatown, they told me jan/feb itinerary not out yet.

And they said we can only book after Oct. Is that true?

I missed the previous fair.

How your know there is travel fair?

the next fair is on 18/09?

Last month i went to a few travel agent at chinatown, they told me jan/feb itinerary not out yet.

And they said we can only book after Oct. Is that true?

no leh...most of the big travel agency like chan brother/ASA/SA...the itinery for jan /feb/march already out ..! can book now leh..

ASA tour is having road show at suntec on 12/8.... u can check it out if u interested.

i went there early this year during winter...we hate tour package, so me & my wife just travel free & easy by ourselves

booked Thai airways to Tokyo, then took JAL domestic flight to Hokkaido and travel around Hokkaido in JR trains & buses :D

we're not fluent in Japanese nor do we ever had any experience wif Japan b4 the trip...we just bring dictionary everywhere we went... :P

wow...i'm v excited to see ur Hokkaido photos..especially when i saw a photo with snow falling frm the sky...wow.:D

Did u try hot spring or public bath?

no leh...most of the big travel agency like chan brother/ASA/SA...the itinery for jan /feb/march already out ..! can book now leh..

ASA tour is having road show at suntec on 12/8.... u can check it out if u interested.

Is it! then the travel agent bluff me.

Ok, going to take the itinerary this weekend.

thanks!

leng what made you chose SA instead of other agencies?

oh...y i choose SA har?

bcos i intended to go Korea..and i heard many of my frens say SA is v good in korea tour package.

so i went for SA road show and queue for 1 hr wanted to sign up korea tour with them, but eventually i found out the price for korea is very expensive so i change destination to hokkaido lor..since i already queue so long...then just signed up wif them lor...haha...

booked Thai airways to Tokyo, then took JAL domestic flight to Hokkaido and travel around Hokkaido in JR trains & buses :D

we're not fluent in Japanese nor do we ever had any experience wif Japan b4 the trip...we just bring dictionary everywhere we went... :P

hokkaido-route.jpg

u can check out my complete travel blog...with info on hotels, transports & expenses

http://blog.niveofontis.com/about/hokkaido-trip-2007/

Hi, can share with me what application u use to make the calendar? V. interested cos I like to keep record.

Hokkaido... very nice!! i just came back from a free and easy 16 days... its summer now... ya.. flowers blooming... lavender.. sunflowers.. in my opinion, F&E is really the best way to roam in Hokkaido as public tpt are really quite scarce there... most places i went there are really scenic.. but i hardly see non-japanese tourists there... and when we drove in Furano/Biei where all the flowers farms are, we are drive in and out of farms to take photos... :D

oh...y i choose SA har?

bcos i intended to go Korea..and i heard many of my frens say SA is v good in korea tour package.

so i went for SA road show and queue for 1 hr wanted to sign up korea tour with them, but eventually i found out the price for korea is very expensive so i change destination to hokkaido lor..since i already queue so long...then just signed up wif them lor...haha...

you should go to a tour agency at bukit timah plaza to book the korea tour. its much cheaper. :dunno:

Hokkaido... very nice!! i just came back from a free and easy 16 days... its summer now... ya.. flowers blooming... lavender.. sunflowers.. in my opinion, F&E is really the best way to roam in Hokkaido as public tpt are really quite scarce there... most places i went there are really scenic.. but i hardly see non-japanese tourists there... and when we drove in Furano/Biei where all the flowers farms are, we are drive in and out of farms to take photos... :rolleyes:

wah!!free and easy for 16 days in Hokkaido!??

how much u hv spent in total?

don know leh i don like free n easy...cos i don know the place , don know how to get the place..lazy to plan also..any photos care to share?

you should go to a tour agency at bukit timah plaza to book the korea tour. its much cheaper. :yamseng:

which travel agency? service good?