Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
genesis

Air-con - Water Leak

I've being using my master room air-con during nite time which is cool and normal, however, another fan-coil in my main hall which wasn't turn on having water leaking out, then I take a closer look and open the cover , the coil inside is cooler but the fan is not turning and the LED didn't light up, the are water from the fan coil also. This happen about 15min after I've turn on my master room air-con. It just happen yesterday, WHAT COULD be WRONG??? I'll call for servicing since it's under warranty period . Anyone have this problem before???

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

heh heh..

Is a common installation problem. From the outdoor unit to the indoor units, there are the 2 copper pipes + the control cable. In this case, the copper pipes and the control cable is mixed up. FC1 control cable is connected to FC2 copper piping, and FC2 control cable is connected to FC1 copper piping.

When u turn on masterbedroom controller, the compressor pumps cold refridgerant to the main hall instead. Do not do this anymore as potentially, the mainhall coil may freeze up and crack.

heh heh..

Is a common installation problem. From the outdoor unit to the indoor units, there are the 2 copper pipes + the control cable. In this case, the copper pipes and the control cable is mixed up. FC1 control cable is connected to FC2 copper piping, and FC2 control cable is connected to FC1 copper piping.

When u turn on masterbedroom controller, the compressor pumps cold refridgerant to the main hall instead. Do not do this anymore as potentially, the mainhall coil may freeze up and crack.

The servicing guys came to fix my problem today. At 1st I also have the same though but this issue happen almost 10months after usage which I think wrong installed won't be possible. I asked the servicing guy and was told it's related to design and usage issue. If you're interested to know, I can PM you. After all these guys are courtesy and explain this issue to me nicely. Anyway still need to monitor for awhile.

Piping area.

The leaking air-con belongs to my upstair neighbour. Could I request them to check or something? Cos something I will place stuff to "sun" on the air con and if it leaks....... waste my effort :wub:

My case is related to condenser unit(the big one outside the house), there are couple of vaults which handle different set of Fan coil, one of my fan-coil vault was always in an open mode which have causes "cool" air from the FC in the living room after I turn on the unit in my room, it developed water inside the Fan coil, causing to dip water (like leaking). After the vault and sensor were replaced the problem seem be to resolved. However, still need to monitor..

Edited by genesis

Your living room "Expansion Valve" was jammed "on". Whenever the compressor is operated, instead of sending the refrigerant only to the room that is in operation, the refrigerant was also sent to the living room FC.

Since the Living room FC is not operated, but the refridgerant is pumping, the entire piping will be cooled, and sweat excessively. Water dripping most likely due to pipe sweating occuring outside of the drip pan within the FC.

the installers must hv integrity and not cut corners when installing. to avoid future leaking problm, owner must be around when they install the piping and most imptly, be there to witness the whole process of pressurization.