Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mint

H & Qnn Home

Got our keys and started renovation not too long ago.

1) See - the ID do that hot water piping until so ugly. What do u all think?

Picture170.jpg

2) ID has separated our rooms with this 'gypsum board' and hey it looks like this! greyish with some white plaster paint. Is this how it works?

Picture292.jpg

3) And hor, my bedrooms all do homo. tiles, and they did another additional kerb. See they build up another small kerb onto the HDb kerb @ the bathroom. Isn't it weird??

Picture135.jpg

Please help to advise, fellow forummers!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ok, here are pics of my living room - tiles done up some time ago, before cardboard protection is laid. I like everything in tiles, looks good and nice! easy maintenance too :)

Picture123.jpg

After floor protection, they do the ceiling works - wow they are fast, done in a day or two.

Picture251.jpg

Now supposed to choose colours for painting the walls. Looking at ICI, and I hear that colours always appear darker than that small sample shown in their (ICI) booklet, is it? BTW, my ID tells me that water based sealer can be mixed into the paint to be painted? Is that true?

By the way, look at this kerb @ my front door, do u think it looks o-biang? Gosh, my dad in law asked them to make like this. I think I must hack it away... I cant imagine it at my front door.. and I dont see the advantage to having it.

Picture148.jpg

Also my ID so fast install my shower set - and I think it looks funny..can anyone help me?

U see the one I circled ? How come its like a loose rope? Can someone tell me how your shower set looks like? I think its so ugly - can I change it?

Picture288-1.jpg

Oh, here is pic of my bathroom kerb in my master bedroom? Anyone encounter this b4? Maybe cos my bedroom is tiled instead of laminate?

Picture135-1.jpg

Edited by mint

Hi

Check with the ID or mixer supplier if they can change to a shorter length. Sorry mine is not installed yet.

U see the one I circled ? How come its like a loose rope? Can someone tell me how your shower set looks like? I think its so ugly - can I change it?

it looks like the rod for the shower head was installed a tad too high, so a second pipe was used to extend the pipe to the mixer outlet.

the display set only has one pipe so it looks really streamlined :D

Today went a few places to see my dining chairs, ranging from West Coast, to Upper Paya Lebar..Finally decided on these orange chairs! So cute, will match with my table :dunno:

SLIM3.jpg

Today went a few places to see my dining chairs, ranging from West Coast, to Upper Paya Lebar..Finally decided on these orange chairs! So cute, will match with my table :notti:

SLIM3.jpg

wah swee! how much is the damage and does it come in other colours? :dunno:

wah swee! how much is the damage and does it come in other colours? !!

yes come in red, grey, and clear i think. about $1.3k for 6 pcs.

Dunno whether is my ID slow or what. He says after false ceiling is done, must wait a couple of days for it to be fully dry. After its totally dried, then can start painting. otherwise next time will hv moulds. so end up i wait 5 days just to hv the false ceiling done, waited another one week for the paint to be done, then another 1 week for them to lay the lights after my paint. just for false ceiling, painting and electrical, I need to take 3 weeks. sounds bad right??

more pics to come.

and my neighbour keep asking me whenever he sees me - when will our renov be finished? and he said his renov was completed in less than 3 weeks! wah! dunno my ID is super snail, or my nieghbour ID is superman.

super buaay tahan my ID. he promised to be around druing air con trunking days, but disappered, nvr turn up at all!! maybe cos he never earn commission, cos we order air con ourselves from outside vendor. he stupid excuse is that - cos the aircon pple are not his workers, and if he is around, he is in a difficult position cos he say also cannot, dun say also cannot. if the aircon is his workers, then he is in a position to tell them what to do. u all tell me what kind of crab is this! he said his last experience when he is present during the aircon trunking installation is that the aircon pple call him and scold him for being kaypo, and said he hope we can understand his position. I dont understand, and I think he is just giving some stupid excuses...

I pay him to be my ID, so if he gets scolding from aircon pple, so be it - in any case, I expect him to be able to handle. Not as if he is the first day into his job. If he is not happy, can tell me about it and I can complain to the aircon pple. To think that he promised to come but fly us kite...

Sigh.. from the time I posted my chair pic until today, only painting is done. That shows how super slow my ID is.. like a lazy snail!! Or am I requesting too much.. I simply cant imagine how my neighbour renov gets finished in 3 weeks. Though their renov is not major, but still need to lay tiles, paint, up electrical, and carpentry and grilles.

super buaay tahan my ID. he promised to be around druing air con trunking days, but disappered, nvr turn up at all!! maybe cos he never earn commission, cos we order air con ourselves from outside vendor. he stupid excuse is that - cos the aircon pple are not his workers, and if he is around, he is in a difficult position cos he say also cannot, dun say also cannot. if the aircon is his workers, then he is in a position to tell them what to do. u all tell me what kind of crab is this! he said his last experience when he is present during the aircon trunking installation is that the aircon pple call him and scold him for being kaypo, and said he hope we can understand his position. I dont understand, and I think he is just giving some stupid excuses...

haahaa... i commiserate with you! coz my main contractor also give attitude to my aircon contractor which i engage directly! they don't earn from us, you don't expect them to go the extra mile lor. now i fed up with him for screwing up with the painting contractor.

thankfully, my aircon contractor do everything nice nice for me after he know i study the singaporeairconblog! !!

hope your reno progress speeds up soon!

desko_mainproduct.jpg

My Dining Table!

very swee! possible to share the dimensions and how much you paid for it? gam xia!

By the way, look at this kerb @ my front door, do u think it looks o-biang? Gosh, my dad in law asked them to make like this. I think I must hack it away... I cant imagine it at my front door.. and I dont see the advantage to having it.

Picture148.jpg

maybe yr FIL do the kerb is for fengshui purpose? prevent wealth from "flowing" out easily

Edited by jt88

its about $980, inclu GST n delivery charge. less than $1k, so they charge me delivery fee. its a promotional price. they do have white, cocoa and black. i love the coco colour, but too bad, left only the display pc, and it has got a scratch. so i took the black one.

Sharing the 3D pics..

untitled-8.jpg

untitled-5.jpg

untitled-6.jpg

untitled-7.jpg

untitled-3.jpg

i think the above colour combination, looks weird.. how shld i change it to look better?

also my ID says these pics are not to specifications. is that the case? shldnt it be to specifications/ measurements (as near as possible, but not 100%)?

another qn: shld i be going thru with my ID on the exact positioning of my down lights? or do u leave it to your ID to see how they wan to play with the positioning of the lights..?

Edited by mint

Wow, ur kitchen swee swee! :)

Looks ultra long....can ask how big is ur kitchen? Length seems confirm more thsn 10ft...