Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MaCe

Money $$$ Not $$$ Enough Blog

Hi Mace

Where to buy the stainless steel spray and powder? If u say that the powder form will actually cause the surface to scratch then isn't it better to use the spray only?

the powder one is for removing stains and rusts.

all can get in homefix.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Mace

Understand u did not use laminate flooring in your house...but was wondering whether have u use this brand - Sofix before? Was thinking of buying Sofix for laminate flooring but not sure good anot.

hi

Not Mace, but I have been using sofix to clean my laminate. Its good and cleans well.

I always stock up when carrefour has a sale on sofix. Best price. Two bottles for only $12++.

I am using Sofix too. It givs my laminated flooring a smooth feel.

$12++ is a very good price. NTUC is selling around $8 each, even when having sale, still not lesser than $7. Must share share your lobang when carrefour got sale :P

I am using Sofix too. It givs my laminated flooring a smooth feel.

$12++ is a very good price. NTUC is selling around $8 each, even when having sale, still not lesser than $7. Must share share your lobang when carrefour got sale :P

NTUC twin pack is $13+... more ex than Carrefour but then I got NTUC vouchers to spend away so buy from NTUC lo.. :dunno:

hi all

very useful info

thanks

saw from this thread below that it can be used to clean parquet

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5885

mind sharing if it can used to clean laminates for cupboards etc

hw often u guys clean the flooring?

saw from NTUC its $7.34

like detergent

is there a directive ofr using? as in u mix one cup with 5 cups of water for example

thanks

Edited by SmartFool

Yes, Sofix has another product for parquet flooring as well. I personally think that parquet is diff from laminate, so I don't suggest to use the same cleaning agent for these 2 floor types.

I don't recommend to use it for cupboard laminates. Kitchen cloth from 3M can do a good job for this.

I clean my floor once a week. Follow the instructions on the printed label on recommended proportion to use. But I don't use so much water to mop my laminated flooring, abt 1+ litre each time, I pour abt 1/5 of the Sofix cap.

me also using sofix for parquet. i got no laminate.

i bot the Mckenic Floor Wonder (as recommended by Mace) to clean my laminate. So far so good. It can be used on all floorings. So buy Floor Wonder and yet can be used on all floorings. Good leh. (like killing lots of birds in one stone). LOL

Can recommend any products to clean solid surface top in Kitchen?

Mace, where did u buy the putty filler from? i couldn't find it in homefix or Carrefour leh. =(

hi there.. i also using sofix for parquet, for my cosy area.. i use once every 2 weeks.. seldom use that area.. so normal days i use magic mop..

the way i use it is, i pour directly over the platform.. then use sponge to wipe it across... i rem the instructions stated that can just pour and use.. no need to use mix with any water..

sometime i will use it on wooden furniture like dining table, shoe cabinet and wooden doors..

hi all,

some quick questions for fluorescent tubes for cove lighting.

1. what sizes do the t5 and t8 tubes come in?

2. when buying the tubes from places like choo chiang, do they come together with the ballast and holder? or just the tube itself?

3. if using the tubes for cove lighting, what are the other parts that are needed besides the tube itself?

thanks in advance!

hi all,

need some advices here. My parent's place is infested with tiny small red ants. They hide in the sofa and you can't see them from the surface. Will get bite out of sudden. Anyway to get rid of the ants?

any recommendation on the vacumn cleaner to get? wanted to get one that can clean the grease and also that can be used on glass, sofa, bed and carpet (clear the smell as my dogs like to play at the carpet)

hi all,

some quick questions for fluorescent tubes for cove lighting.

1. what sizes do the t5 and t8 tubes come in?

2. when buying the tubes from places like choo chiang, do they come together with the ballast and holder? or just the tube itself?

3. if using the tubes for cove lighting, what are the other parts that are needed besides the tube itself?

thanks in advance!

1 = 2ft, 4ft, circular

2 = you need to specify what you want, they have both.

3 = the "end caps" adapters to hold and supply the electricity and a electronic ballast to power them.

hi all,

need some advices here. My parent's place is infested with tiny small red ants. They hide in the sofa and you can't see them from the surface. Will get bite out of sudden. Anyway to get rid of the ants?

any recommendation on the vacumn cleaner to get? wanted to get one that can clean the grease and also that can be used on glass, sofa, bed and carpet (clear the smell as my dogs like to play at the carpet)

that means they already made a nest in the sofa....throw the sofa. unless you can dismantle and destroy the nest.

get a $3k rainbow