Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MaCe

Money $$$ Not $$$ Enough Blog

Does anyone know how to get rid of stubborn bicycle lubricant ("black oil") stains from Homogeneous floor tiles?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Anyone knows where to get Duck Mould Killa? Can't seem to find it anywhere liao. Called J&J, they told me that Mr. Muscle have replaced Duck Mould... But, just find that Mr. Muscle is not as good as Duck Mould... Or any good alternatives that i should try to kill all the moulds lurking ard my nest? ^^

Hi MaCe and the rest of the forummers ,

Need some help .

Basically I would like to install the KDK fan in my toilets. Here come the questions as below.

What model should I get har ?

Got lobang for both the fan and installation ? So if I buy the fan , they do the installation for me ? How about the electrical work etc .

What is the price - range so that i will not get carrot . :P

Thanks in advance .

Hi MaCe,

Read your posts on converting T8 to T5 and am very interested. Would like to know how to distinguish T8 from T5 besides the size (16 mm vs 1 inch)? Does the serial number of the FL show this difference?

BTW, you get the T5 tubes from ccm or kelantan road? Thanks.

I found this cheap and good stuff to clean the solid surface or basin etc. From 3M.

CIMG2495.jpg

Have anyone of you try this out for cleaning your laminate? I ended up buying this while looking for sofix@offer price.

But i test it out today, the feeling is not bad. Giving me a clean feeling.

CIMG2493.jpg

CIMG2494.jpg

Water Saving tips

I've done some testing on the PUB water meter, found this loophole (already been known for ages)

Method 1.

Referring to those 2 knob tap use in bathroom. When u didn't turn off the tap fully, u will see the water dripping.

The technique is let it drip(must not be constant flow, u must see droplet of water dripping) then put a pail below it.

Let the droplet of water drip into the pail.

If you are working 8am - 5pm. let say u leave home at 7am by the time u reach home it's already 6pm.

Total hour is 11hour. 11hours of drip definitely enough to fill a pail with water with water.

You could make use of the time you sleep and let it drip. If you can't stand the dripping noise just close the bathroom door or fill the pail with some

water then the dripping sound won't be too obvious.

How the test is carried out.

Before I let it drip I went outside to write down the water meter reading, when i came back i check it again. the reading is the same as before i leave home.

But when i go into my bathroom, my big pail is almost full of water.

When is the best time to use it.

Before you goes to work let it drip. by the time you come back it is already almost full or half full.(depend on the frequency of the dripping)

You could use it that amount of water to wash clothes, mop your floor, wiping or pour into toilet bowl after urinating(you save 3litre of water everytime u do that).

Electricity Saving tips

Since January after i move in to my new home, I done some testing in reducing my electricity bill.

My pub bill is about $70+ include electricity, water and gas for my 4rm flat. Maybe you guys should try it out also.

Test 1

After turning off the aircon, if i kept the switch(for aircon) ON, i check the meter outside it is running fast.

Test 2

then i tried turning off the switch but leaving the aircon plug there, the meter outside is running a bit slower but to me still quite fast.

Test 3

then i tried turn off the switch and plug out the aircon plug, the meter outside is running significately slower than before.

Electricity Saving tips

Since January after i move in to my new home, I done some testing in reducing my electricity bill.

My pub bill is about $70+ include electricity, water and gas for my 4rm flat. Maybe you guys should try it out also.

Test 1

After turning off the aircon, if i kept the switch(for aircon) ON, i check the meter outside it is running fast.

Test 2

then i tried turning off the switch but leaving the aircon plug there, the meter outside is running a bit slower but to me still quite fast.

Test 3

then i tried turn off the switch and plug out the aircon plug, the meter outside is running significately slower than before.

Does tat mean air-con even when turn off the switch still running on electricity?

Must turn off main power ah? Isn't tat very troublesome as the power outlet is outside the window ledge? (at least for my case)

Talking about windows.

Need advice. I am going to move over to my new place. The windows are full of dust and dirt that are embedded into the screws and corners of the windows.

How do I get rid of these dirt?

Kari, i think your is a new flat ba. The switch outside the window ledge is isolator, can't do anything abt it then. If you electricity bill is not high then never mind la. If the switch is reachable then OFF it, if aircon is not in use.

For window cleaning, just after renovation i use soap water to clean it. Wipe it 3-4 small pail of water then clean leh.

vacum all ^_^

Yah, for aircon i think so. because, if main not switch off and disconnected, a small amt of electric still need to allow u to for remote to work right? but your type not sure work a not, new home is a main one outside MBR, while older building do not have that and it using the normal power socket.

Kari, i think your is a new flat ba. The switch outside the window ledge is isolator, can't do anything abt it then. If you electricity bill is not high then never mind la. If the switch is reachable then OFF it, if aircon is not in use.

For window cleaning, just after renovation i use soap water to clean it. Wipe it 3-4 small pail of water then clean leh.

Yes. Mine's a new flat. Guess no choice. Cant turn it off cos I have placed a wardrobe in front of the aircon ledge! :P

My first home so dunnoe wats the utilies bill wil be like. But can still find some electricity and water savings tips to use just in case. :)

I use Walch (Not Dettol cos cheaper haha) and water but then I guess the flat is vacant for say 2 years? The dirt really stuck there and cannot be washed or wiped off easily. I have to use my finger nails to slowly dig out. :( All those corners and screw edges so small!

Possible that I pour some chemcials on these stubborn dirt and leave it for a while before I clean again?

Yes. Mine's a new flat. Guess no choice. Cant turn it off cos I have placed a wardrobe in front of the aircon ledge! :P

My first home so dunnoe wats the utilies bill wil be like. But can still find some electricity and water savings tips to use just in case. :)

I use Walch (Not Dettol cos cheaper haha) and water but then I guess the flat is vacant for say 2 years? The dirt really stuck there and cannot be washed or wiped off easily. I have to use my finger nails to slowly dig out. :( All those corners and screw edges so small!

Possible that I pour some chemcials on these stubborn dirt and leave it for a while before I clean again?

I use CIF and scrub with 3M's heavy duty scouring pad.

I use CIF and scrub with 3M's heavy duty scouring pad.

ok will try tat over the weekend. God I really hate housechores! :bangwall:

The heavy duty scouring pad is not the one with the rough surface hor. Cos dun wanna scratch my window panels leh. :P

Thanks! :)

ok will try tat over the weekend. God I really hate housechores! :bangwall:

The heavy duty scouring pad is not the one with the rough surface hor. Cos dun wanna scratch my window panels leh. :P

Thanks! :)

It is. My windows very old and got a layer of grime on the aluminum so not much effort needed when using the scouring pad.