Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MaCe

Money $$$ Not $$$ Enough Blog

Stuffs meant for hotels/restaurants

30x-50x downlights - WOW, most pple wont switch all of them on after moving in - especially after receiving their first PUB bill. 50 pieces of lets say energy saving 5w bulbs = 250 watts, very energy saving indeed.

Good saying Bro...

But unfortunately for me, i got a resale flat, living room and mbr all downlghts. Haiz how to rectify that?

yr advise..

Total downlights i think about 20 bah... :jawdrop:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Dont look down on this KAM BONG YAN, all insects/ants/lizards runs for their life.

Just burn ONCE a week/mth in your toilet.

kb1.jpg

Comes in 50 pieces - $2.50 buy from any incense shop.

kb2.jpg

Be careful, those stuff have been known to cause Cancer & is detrimental to health

It reminds me of an incident I encountered sometime ago.

Tried one Kam Bong Yan in my utility room after I spotted a small lizard hiding below the glass window panel. 10 minutes later, I opened the room door to see see, to my horror, I saw that lizard coming in from the windows & moved towards my big luggage. When I tried to kill it using my slippers, it ran across the wall to where the Kam Bong Yan was burning. It didn't seem to be afraid of the smell of the Kam Bong Yan :dunno:

hi guys, just wondering if anyone has got any solution to remove ink stains on homogenous tiles? my "so-called" anti-stained tile just got stained by some leaking ink from my printer...although cif managed to lighten it but still can see some stains left...anyone has got a good solution to remove this without damaging the tile? TIA!

Curtains - thousands of dollars curtains for a simple house?

my take into curtains is - if your house reno is like one of those pretty designer houses that appear in reno magazines/tv, then go ahead and spend thousands or even tens of thousands on your curtains. Since your reno already costs $40-100k and looks like a 5star hotel suite, cheap curtains will spoil the whole design. Matching is the key.

but if you spend thousands(on curtains) and yet your curtains together with your reno looks just like anybody/everybody's house...then whats the point?

nice curtains goes with nice house(design), simple curtains goes with simple houses.

expensive looking curtains matches only with expensive looking houses.

no offense to anybody - just my opinion towards spending on curtains.

My total spending on curtains for 3 stretch of windows/balcony(4 panels of windows)

1) Stainless steel water pipes as curtain rod - $44+ for 40ft ( cut to size, sells by per 20ft)

remaining SS pipes were used as bamboo.

2) Copper end caps(stoppers) - $1.50 each x 6

3) Ready made curtains - $79, $79, $69

4) Curtain rod holder from ikea - $2 x 3

total for everything = $286.00

Why use stainless steel rods? Cos You cant scratch stainless pipes.

Curtain rods from ikea are a lot cheaper but the paint on the rod will peel/scratch off when you drag open/closes your curtains, and they are flimsy too.

curtain1.jpg

curtain6.jpg

curtain2.jpg

hi hi

I do not want to spend a bomb on curtains , i got a curtain guy to measure n it cost $1200 for my 4 room..i went to ikea to look for curtains but the length does not match with my flat windows ? Where do u get yr curtains from? Spotlight? i been to IMM giant ..all is 145 cm in length ..haiz

I need yr advise pls ,, tks a bunch :)

mace, you bought your philips electronic ballast for only $9, that's very cheap - from photo it's the EB-Economy model.

i bought philips electronic ballast for $23 :( i think the economy model no more right? i go philips sg website cannot find.

in the end i bought the HF-Performer model which is $23, it uses programmed start instead of instant or rapid start - supposed to be much longer lamp life it claim 50% longer than using even normal magnetic ballast, and also 25% more energy savings.

but translated to much more upfront cost of the price of the ballast itself.

Hi MACE, do you know of any effective cleaning solution for leather sofas, especially white sofas? Can those used to clean the leather seats in cars work? Thanks.

Hi hi..

Anyone here knows where can I get those Multi DVD Hard Casing. E.g. Like those Drama Serials boxes sold in Poh Kim...

I've been searching high & low for it for ages...

Hi hi..

Anyone here knows where can I get those Multi DVD Hard Casing. E.g. Like those Drama Serials boxes sold in Poh Kim...

You can try "popular bookshop", Sim Lim Sq, Diaso or the $2 shop if ur neighbourhood have one. :thumbs up:

my number one choice of getting soft drinks = sheng shiong

$10.50 for a carton of coke, sometimes can get canned drinks at $8.80 per carton (24cans)

toiletries - so far find that CK chinatown price is amongst the cheapest

think someone mentioned Ang Mo at AMK ave 10. think i'll check it out one day :P

Applefreak, AMK Ave 10 where, cos I stay near there leh...

hi Mace

Which is more cost saving... to on 4 x downlight ( 2 energy saving bulb ea ) or 8 x T5 tube ?

will answer all those questions dated NOV onwards - been busy for too long.

energy saving bulbs = 5watts (if you are using 5watts)

(5watts x 2) x 4 = 40watts

T5 tube 2 feet = 18 watts

8x 18 watts = 144 watts

Be careful, those stuff have been known to cause Cancer & is detrimental to health

kambongyan

sorry, can you please post a link to any cancer research institution or government websites that support what you just wrote?

Singapore is not a 3rd world country - even chinese herbs containing a tiny amount of "poison" gets the ban.

hi hi

I do not want to spend a bomb on curtains , i got a curtain guy to measure n it cost $1200 for my 4 room..i went to ikea to look for curtains but the length does not match with my flat windows ? Where do u get yr curtains from? Spotlight? i been to IMM giant ..all is 145 cm in length ..haiz

I need yr advise pls ,, tks a bunch :)

hope it's not too late.

got my curtains from curtain retail shops in toa payoh + stainless steel water pipes from joo chiat.

mace, you bought your philips electronic ballast for only $9, that's very cheap - from photo it's the EB-Economy model.

i bought philips electronic ballast for $23 :( i think the economy model no more right? i go philips sg website cannot find.

in the end i bought the HF-Performer model which is $23, it uses programmed start instead of instant or rapid start - supposed to be much longer lamp life it claim 50% longer than using even normal magnetic ballast, and also 25% more energy savings.

but translated to much more upfront cost of the price of the ballast itself.

did you go to choo chiang? www.ccm.sg

Hi MACE, do you know of any effective cleaning solution for leather sofas, especially white sofas? Can those used to clean the leather seats in cars work? Thanks.

yes, for stubborn stains on leather - i believe autoglym got a certain product to do that.

Hi hi..

some $2 dollar shops have them, sim lim sq and sim lim tower sure have