Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MaCe

Money $$$ Not $$$ Enough Blog

hihi,

need expert advise here..can i check is there anyway to clean yellowish window grills?

having headache now... :yamseng:

yellowish? aluminium? original aluminium grilles from hdb?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

More cost saving, Sick of paying mobile bills every month for house wife and young schooling kids?

The HB can buy wireless walkie takie set for them afterall they don't mad much external call others than family members.

Reno/household Stuffs you dont need.

4) Curtains.

:rolleyes: I always find it FUNNY when pple spends thousands on their custom made curtains to match with their $399 or $499 sofas or those sub $100-$300 fragile furnitures. I am even more surprise that there are MANY such pple around and I really couldnt understand their logic behind it. Curtains costs 3-4 times more than the sofa?

To me, the house will look like a man with messy hair, $10 shirt, $10 pants but wearing a $2000 Branded shoes. They call that as NICE?

If you have a house designed by IDs, with all the expensive branded furnitures of cos you need nice and expensive looking - custom made curtains to go with it. Furnitures costs 3-4 times more than the curtain certainly has more logic.

Ready made curtains costing $49-$99 are avaliable everywhere - and there are nice ones too depending on individuals' taste. Toa payoh central is good place to start off - 3 curtain shops there.

More on broadband. SIgn up to your neightbour Wireless Router by paying maybe 20% of his Subsciption.

Of course your neightbour must give you his SSID and WEP encrption password.

Good tip but must have very friendly neighbours.

My take on internet.(my profession)

IF you live in a condo - go for SCV, faster cos less household sharing

IF you live in a HDB - go for singnet adsl

For $57+ per mth your internet is still around and below 512k - a lot of times below 256k

cos you are sharing a single pipe line with EVERY HOUSEHOLD in your entire ESTATE!:yamseng:

For $30+ per mth under singnet, you get 700k-1mbps!:jawdrop:!

4) Curtains.

:yamseng: I always find it FUNNY when pple spends thousands on their custom made curtains to match with their $399 or $499 sofas or those sub $100-$300 fragile furnitures. I am even more surprise that there are MANY such pple around and I really couldnt understand their logic behind it. Curtains costs 3-4 times more than the sofa?

To me, the house will look like a man with messy hair, $10 shirt, $10 pants but wearing a $2000 Branded shoes. They call that as NICE?

If you have a house designed by IDs, with all the expensive branded furnitures of cos you need nice and expensive looking - custom made curtains to go with it. Furnitures costs 3-4 times more than the curtain certainly has more logic.

Ready made curtains costing $49-$99 are avaliable everywhere - and there are nice ones too depending on individuals' taste. Toa payoh central is good place to start off - 3 curtain shops there.

Sorry brother Mace to spam your thread, but once brain storm just simply cannot stop.

More tips may be everybody knows.

Feel the pain in enagaing internet call charge calling friends, buddies over sea?

Download the Skype Software and call US for free. Alternative if you are mobile can considered the Skype phone set.

yellowish? aluminium? original aluminium grilles from hdb?

oh is aluminium grills. orginial from hdb ba i suppose.

mine is a resale flat, the pervious owner smoke a lot. somehow the grills turn yellowish with stain..

haiz.. u may wan to check out my blog to take a look at the window grills..

oh is aluminium grills. orginial from hdb ba i suppose.

mine is a resale flat, the pervious owner smoke a lot. somehow the grills turn yellowish with stain..

haiz.. u may wan to check out my blog to take a look at the window grills..

saw liao - can only use magiccleaner or mckenic. those are not from HDB...you hope long long maybe have.

for tough stains, you need to let the chemicals soaked into them for at least 5mins or more then wipe.

if still cannot come off - bobian liao - pls dont use that StainLessSteel Powder form cleaner.

Edited by MaCe

4) Curtains.

:rolleyes: I always find it FUNNY when pple spends thousands on their custom made curtains to match with their $399 or $499 sofas or those sub $100-$300 fragile furnitures. I am even more surprise that there are MANY such pple around and I really couldnt understand their logic behind it. Curtains costs 3-4 times more than the sofa?

Good tip but must have very friendly neighbours.

My take on internet.(my profession)

IF you live in a condo - go for SCV, faster cos less household sharing

IF you live in a HDB - go for singnet adsl

For $57+ per mth your internet is still around and below 512k - a lot of times below 256k

cos you are sharing a single pipe line with EVERY HOUSEHOLD in your entire ESTATE!:yamseng:

For $30+ per mth under singnet, you get 700k-1mbps!:jawdrop:!

:rofl:

More tips on communications saving. If you are a OverSeas frequent traveller, do not try to call home using your mobile. Really expensive.

Go to any of the local phones retailer/shop and buy the local calling card. Like that you can speak long long and incured less to your pockets or office claims.

one more tip

if you have mobile line under singtel

can consider going for mio plan

3mbps + iOne + fixed line at less than $70 a month

quite fast as the speed depends more on the site server than the dl speed :P

one more tip

I believe most of the peoples here are working people making the wages and eat the “Gong

Jia fan" So make full use of the company's benefits. Example if company allows you to work from home, tries to work from home and claim broadband and save the transport per day. IF can lagi best ask them to sponsor your electrical bills and all phones bills for office usage. Of course afterall it is yours. Shhh....... :P

saw liao - can only use magiccleaner or mckenic. those are not from HDB...you hope long long maybe have.

for tough stains, you need to let the chemicals soaked into them for at least 5mins or more then wipe.

if still cannot come off - bobian liao - pls dont use that StainLessSteel Powder form cleaner.

Oic. Noted. Will go try to see how it goes.

thanks for the help..keke

will post the cleaned grills pics up soon..if provided they are cleaned la..!

one more tip

this mio doesnt work for me cos my mobilephone paid by company.

Calculation

home line is around $8 per mth + internet $($30 for 1mpbs) + mobile hp $ = total

wah so nice your mobile bill paid by your company :dribble:

i used to pay $100+ for all services, coz using 10mbps

now switched to 3mbps find that the speed difference not much

but saved almost $50 on bills :sport-smiley-003: :sport-smiley-003:

another saving money tip (for pple who cooks)

take note of how much you are paying for your vegetables

the price between markets are so different that it'll more than make up the transport cost

e.g. hairy gourd goes for $1.50 each at chinatown temp market and $1.00 for two at bedok market.

try to remember where sell what cheap and you'll be amazed at the amt of money you managed to save :dribble:

wah so nice your mobile bill paid by your company :dribble:

i used to pay $100+ for all services, coz using 10mbps

now switched to 3mbps find that the speed difference not much

but saved almost $50 on bills :sport-smiley-003::sport-smiley-003:

another saving money tip (for pple who cooks)

take note of how much you are paying for your vegetables

the price between markets are so different that it'll more than make up the transport cost

e.g. hairy gourd goes for $1.50 each at chinatown temp market and $1.00 for two at bedok market.

try to remember where sell what cheap and you'll be amazed at the amt of money you managed to save :dribble:

Hee he. Me manage to squeeze mobile, residential, broadband, transports, dental, medical from my company.

摇钱树, use strenght. The more the better more saving...

Hee he. Me manage to squeeze mobile, residential, broadband, transports, dental, medical from my company.

摇钱树, use strenght. The more the better more saving...

wahsay :sport-smiley-003: yoru company got any vacancy or not? I want!:sport-smiley-003:

wahsay :sport-smiley-003: yoru company got any vacancy or not? I want!:sport-smiley-003:

Yah I refer you in and I can take S$1000 as the referal if successful. Are you into the Network area, CNA, MCSE......certified.

If successful I can save $1000 this year plus your Ang Bo money. :dribble: