Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MaCe

Money $$$ Not $$$ Enough Blog

Hey all

Sorry to interject...mine post is not anything on money saving stuff. need advise.

If i wanna change my set of bathroom WC plus sink given by HDB in the common bathroom, can I just purchase the WC and Sink, remove the existing ones and install it without having to hack the floor/wall tiles? Cos I already finished my reno for my new house but left out the common bath as we tot the tiiles given to us by HDB is still ok; just that now i'm thinking of 'upgrading' WC and sink.

My ID said cannot and must hack out everything in order to change the WC and sink which I seriously think its stupid. I think he's trying to pull a fast one on me. Eitherway, I don't wanna anything to do with my ID (tho his performance can rival that of an avg contractor, NOT an ID) now my reno is complete and handed over.

Anyone can advise? Tks in advance.

can, u can change the WC and sink cos no hacking required.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hey all

Sorry to interject...mine post is not anything on money saving stuff. need advise.

If i wanna change my set of bathroom WC plus sink given by HDB in the common bathroom, can I just purchase the WC and Sink, remove the existing ones and install it without having to hack the floor/wall tiles? Cos I already finished my reno for my new house but left out the common bath as we tot the tiiles given to us by HDB is still ok; just that now i'm thinking of 'upgrading' WC and sink.

My ID said cannot and must hack out everything in order to change the WC and sink which I seriously think its stupid. I think he's trying to pull a fast one on me. Eitherway, I don't wanna anything to do with my ID (tho his performance can rival that of an avg contractor, NOT an ID) now my reno is complete and handed over.

no need hacking.

but before you buy, go take a pic of the gap between your toiletbowl and the wall together with a measuring tape. you need to know what size to buy 6" or 9" sewerpipe. which is either 6" or 9" from the wall.

for basin, any shape/size is fine.

most would charge you $80 for installation. hoekee, simsiangchoon, genova..they got their contract plumber to do the job.

Hey all

I happen to know a very good plumber. Bought the WC and Sink recently from a shop very near Sungei RD adjuscent to Kelantan lane, shophouse is along main road that heads towards SIM LIM SQ, replaced my 22 yrs old WC and wash basin, then this freelance plumber work for job for this company, one man install all the 2 WC and basin, very pro and everything nicely done....hacking is only done along the joint of the WC, no damage or replacing tiles required.

They quoted me below $80 for the installaion.....generally the toilet stuff there sold are much cheaper than SSC, Genova etc and are quite gd quality, its my good fortune to choose this shop cheap and good service and product :unsure:

mian gam xia... :dunno:

found found! 122 Tembeling Road. u know why i cannot find last week? i went to tembeling LANE! *blur* :bow:

the s/s pipe comes in length of 5.75 metres = 226.4 "

$16 a piece for the 15 mm diameter. got 7% GST but uncle rounded down so i paid $50 for 3 tubes, all cut to length.

now i got problem! the Ikea stoppers/finials/wahtever u call them cannot fit the 15 mm. very loose!

Bro MaCe, what copper ends did u get and from where, your pix shows it fits exactly nice nice. i asked the uncle got copper ends, he show me plastic, all very big! :unsure:

:good: ? thank you!!

no need hacking.

but before you buy, go take a pic of the gap between your toiletbowl and the wall together with a measuring tape. you need to know what size to buy 6" or 9" sewerpipe. which is either 6" or 9" from the wall.

for basin, any shape/size is fine.

most would charge you $80 for installation. hoekee, simsiangchoon, genova..they got their contract plumber to do the job.

Hey all

Ok thanks for all your advice. gam sia! I suspected that ID was trying to pull a fast one...**** it

found found! 122 Tembeling Road. u know why i cannot find last week? i went to tembeling LANE! *blur* !!

the s/s pipe comes in length of 5.75 metres = 226.4 "

$16 a piece for the 15 mm diameter. got 7% GST but uncle rounded down so i paid $50 for 3 tubes, all cut to length.

now i got problem! the Ikea stoppers/finials/wahtever u call them cannot fit the 15 mm. very loose!

Bro MaCe, what copper ends did u get and from where, your pix shows it fits exactly nice nice. i asked the uncle got copper ends, he show me plastic, all very big! :unsure:

zz ? thank you!!

ya thats 18ft.

i got my copper end stoppers from him also leh, maybe he no stock???

i remember the copper caps no cheap....but cant remember how much. $1.50 or $2.50...

ikea ones cannot fit and not matching also.

Edited by MaCe

ya thats 18ft.

i got my copper end stoppers from him also leh, maybe he no stock???

i remember the copper caps no cheap....but cant remember how much. $1.50 or $2.50...

ikea ones cannot fit and not matching also.

hopefully he will have new stock. or else my rods i will all be "naked"! zz

haiz... gotta go back and return all the finials to Ikea. pity coz they look quite nice! :unsure:

I happen to know a very good plumber. Bought the WC and Sink recently from a shop very near Sungei RD adjuscent to Kelantan lane, shophouse is along main road that heads towards SIM LIM SQ, replaced my 22 yrs old WC and wash basin, then this freelance plumber work for job for this company, one man install all the 2 WC and basin, very pro and everything nicely done....hacking is only done along the joint of the WC, no damage or replacing tiles required.

They quoted me below $80 for the installaion.....generally the toilet stuff there sold are much cheaper than SSC, Genova etc and are quite gd quality, its my good fortune to choose this shop cheap and good service and product !!

Hihi.. I am thinking of changing my WC also, didn't change during reno now abit spoil liao... Can tell me the shop name & addy??

Mace, you have your WC shop contacts as well? :bangwall:

Hihi.. I am thinking of changing my WC also, didn't change during reno now abit spoil liao... Can tell me the shop name & addy??

Mace, you have your WC shop contacts as well? :good:

cheap shops i dont have - i usually go to Rigel, Genova, hoekee to view WC.

good WC installer i do have - this adhoc plumber from genova - ah seng 96736346 $80 for installing WC.

you can call him for anything regarding pump spoilt, facet, taps...etc

Mace, you have your WC shop contacts as well? :dancingqueen:

PM U the details

Anybody know what type of cloth (brand, where to buy, price) is effective in wiping off dust from furnitures with black glass or glossy black laminates? After cleaning , my black furnitures can still see particles...

Anybody know what type of cloth (brand, where to buy, price) is effective in wiping off dust from furnitures with black glass or glossy black laminates? After cleaning , my black furnitures can still see particles...

huh? wood? leather? plastic?

get those microfibre cleaning/dusting cloth - can find most departmental stores and supermarts.

KDK ventilation fan / exhaust fan

was at kelantan road this afternoon and talk to their boss.

bought quite a lot of stuffs from them during reno.

Hong Kwang - Block 30 kelantan road. dont know where? then pls go to www.streetdirectory.com

62953286 - look for henry.

they have all models of kdk.

as long as someone buys the kdk fans from him, he will intro a contractor to do the fixing. his customers 95% are contractors.

Hi Mace.....do they sell KDK standing fans? or simply industrial exhaust fans?

they carry all models of KDK vent fan except the cut throat sensu.

standing fan i didnt notice though...but at block 30, many shops selling kdk standing fans - the cheapest one is around $90+, bestdenki sells it for $110..

give henry a call - he nice guy. easy to notice him in the shop too cos among all the bosses(his brothers), he is the only one smiling.