Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MaCe

Money $$$ Not $$$ Enough Blog

Hi,

i have remove away my old alum sliding door in my kitchen and also the alum door frame. But after removing the door frame, i notice that there is a line of adhesive that stucks to the wall tiles. By the feel, it seems to be those silicone or some kinda glue that sticks the frame to the tiles. Any good methods to remove away all these?

Thanks!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hey guys, i am new here..i do not know whether this is the rite thread for my topic, if is not.. pardon me.. cos i see Money not enough blog!! i faster come in see if got good lobang or not?:thumbs up: hehehhe...

me looking for cheap and good ID. any recommend or not?? i really got not much time to read all thread.. i need an ID fast.. if u think ur house is nice and nvr really spend much money with ur ID.. pls recommend.. gam xia gam xia.. ur kind help really appreciated.. :dribble:

Edited by mafiawife

Hi,

i have remove away my old alum sliding door in my kitchen and also the alum door frame. But after removing the door frame, i notice that there is a line of adhesive that stucks to the wall tiles. By the feel, it seems to be those silicone or some kinda glue that sticks the frame to the tiles. Any good methods to remove away all these?

Thanks!!

get acetone from paint shops - but becareful - acetone will remove paints also. dont use it on plastics.

hey guys, i am new here..i do not know whether this is the rite thread for my topic, if is not.. pardon me.. cos i see Money not enough blog!! i faster come in see if got good lobang or not?:) hehehhe...

me looking for cheap and good ID. any recommend or not?? i really got not much time to read all thread.. i need an ID fast.. if u think ur house is nice and nvr really spend much money with ur ID.. pls recommend.. gam xia gam xia.. ur kind help really appreciated.. :good:

money not enough thats why must save save save.

my contractor is hobee - go look for them in renovation firms section.

Hi Mace,

can i also usee acetone to remove the paint stain on my aluminium grilles and windows? Can i also use this to remove away the paint from my homo and ceramic tiles?

Thanks

Hi Mace,

can i also usee acetone to remove the paint stain on my aluminium grilles and windows? Can i also use this to remove away the paint from my homo and ceramic tiles?

Thanks

is Acetone also thinner? sorry ah... don't ask me to go search dictionary! :P is this the one need to show IC to buy?

hongss, i used thinner to clean away all the paint stains on the floor and grilles. have to rub hard but most of it came off. for the grilles, i would say no need to spend too much time coz after the curtains are up, no one is going to see the tiny paint speckles! but i still waste time and clean, hahha! :dunno:

Hi Mace,

Thanks

yes. Just do touch any plastics will do. ACETONE will melt the plastics.

keep away from kids and pets.

One tin around $10, only those paint shops sells them.

is Acetone also thinner? sorry ah... don't ask me to go search dictionary! :D is this the one need to show IC to buy?

hongss, i used thinner to clean away all the paint stains on the floor and grilles. have to rub hard but most of it came off. for the grilles, i would say no need to spend too much time coz after the curtains are up, no one is going to see the tiny paint speckles! but i still waste time and clean, hahha! :)

acetone is lot more powerful than thinner.

most legimate paintshop dont require IC - only hardwarestore requires your IC.

Reno Stuffs you dont need.

stuffs i felt it's already obsolete in this era.

1) Fridge base

Do you still wash your kitchen ala 1970s' water splashing, brushing exactly the same way hawker centres are being washed?

What if your fridge broke down and you decide to get a bigger/smaller one? Only to find that you are restricted by the fridge base...?

What if your fridge base protrude out and someone walks into it? I did walk into one.

What about trying to answer the question - what is the frigde base for? ask your ID, ask your contractors then ask yourself.

2) Wall skirtings

When I ask pple what is it for - I was surprise to get really dumb answers.

a) so that my cabinets/furnitures will not scratch the wall.

!! how often does one shifts his furnitures - every month???

what about the gap created for lizards to make their home?

what about the dust/spiderwebs that you can see but unable to reach?

b) when i mop the floor, the mop will dirty the wall if there is no skirtings.

some truth when we try to visualize the scenario - but it's been 4 months since we shifted in - my walls are all ok. I realise that it really got a lot to do with HOW a person mops the floor, do you mop the floor like those in fastfood outlets/shopping malls? It's your HOUSE!:thumbs up:

me guilty of skirtings coz it came with the unit

if remove means $$$ to patch up the wall :good:

aiya...since you didnt redo the floor tiles(new flats) then nothing to be guilty of - nothing wrong too.

I just find it that most of us newbies(yes I am one) just FOLLOW blindly without asking what the reno stuffs are for. more coming up...

stuffs i felt it's already obsolete in this era. or just plain unnecessary.

3) Window Grille for toilet lourve/naco windows(fixed), some as small as 1.5ft by 1.5ft

slim.jpg

people who did a aluminium/wrought iron grille for the toilet - (HDB flats, non ground units)

1) they believe criminals most likely would get a bite from super spiders when they visits the Singapore Science Centre. Thereby having the ability to climb walls.

2) they believe that beri heng criminal who just got bitten by that super spider happens to be a member of the FANTASTIC FOUR (mr rubber man), not only could he remove the fixed windows while clinging to the wall but could also turn his body into rubber and squeeze thru a 1.5feet x 1.5feet window.

3) they believe all criminals are IQ zero. For the normal person with an average IQ, wouldnt it be easier just to threaten the houseowner with a knife for the house keys? But no, criminals are IQ zero, criminals cant think of that.

4) they have pure gold as their floor tiles and furnitures created out of numerous stacks of $100 Singapore Dollars. Thereby forcing burglars to go and visit Singapore Science Centre.

aiya...since you didnt redo the floor tiles(new flats) then nothing to be guilty of - nothing wrong too.

I just find it that most of us newbies(yes I am one) just FOLLOW blindly without asking what the reno stuffs are for. more coming up...

Please allow me to do a little bit for this thread.

Buy ready made curtains from Ikea, Spot light, or Neightbour hood curtain storesinstead of tailor made curtain. The price can be reduced toas much 25% of tailor made with ready available ones.

I always find the internet subscription is quite expensive, every month must incur at least 58.80 for the broadband service.

So if your house is located at central, near to MacDonald, Starbuck, my suggestion is to try to scan for these free WiFi wireless and start to have free internet surfing.

mian gam xia... :yamseng:

More to save, if you are in good relationship with your neightbour.

Maybe can subscript to unlimited SCV plan and request for an SCV extention box. Ask your contractor to help to lay cable and link to your house. each share share half half, 50% cheaper in long run.

Please allow me to do a little bit for this thread.

Buy ready made curtains from Ikea, Spot light, or Neightbour hood curtain storesinstead of tailor made curtain. The price can be reduced toas much 25% of tailor made with ready available ones.

pls add more tips hehe :yamseng:

I was about to add the topic on curtains.

pls add more tips hehe :yamseng:

I was about to add the topic on curtains.

More on broadband. SIgn up to your neightbour Wireless Router by paying maybe 20% of his Subsciption.

Of course your neightbour must give you his SSID and WEP encrption password.