Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MaCe

Money $$$ Not $$$ Enough Blog

Floor Tiles - glossy/matted

We were considered lucky as we have many friends/relatives who gave us lots of reno tips. Floor tiles is one of the best tips we got.

We were advised against GLOSSY tiles(homogenous) - they may look nice but even single peck of dust/stain is very obvious, even foot prints, cracks will be very obvious too(in case you drop something hard) ..etc. expect lots of hectic cleaning unless you have a maid. Till today we didnt regret getting matted ones.

We were also told to choose grey/greyish colours -

1) you can match any type of colour(furniture) with grey floor tiles and it still looks great.

2) dirt/stains again - aint obvious against grey colour - same logic as a silver coloured car, they never look dusty.

3) grey colour tends to hide cracks too.

We chosed light grey homo matted tiles. so far easy cleaning - they dont get dirty easily.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Floor Tiles - glossy/matted

We were considered lucky as we have many friends/relatives who gave us lots of reno tips. Floor tiles is one of the best tips we got.

We were advised against GLOSSY tiles(homogenous) - they may look nice but even single peck of dust/stain is very obvious, even foot prints, cracks will be very obvious too(in case you drop something hard) ..etc. expect lots of hectic cleaning unless you have a maid. Till today we didnt regret getting matted ones.

We were also told to choose grey/greyish colours -

1) you can match any type of colour(furniture) with grey floor tiles and it still looks great.

2) dirt/stains again - aint obvious against grey colour - same logic as a silver coloured car, they never look dusty.

3) grey colour tends to hide cracks too.

We chosed light grey homo matted tiles. so far easy cleaning - they dont get dirty easily.

I think the amount of dirt on the floor on average is the same whethe matted or glossy. But just that matted one dun appear dirty, not that it don't get dirty easily, just that u dun see it rather. in fact if u want the appearance of 'not dirty' u can choose black tiles, sure appear clean cos' unless it is white hair on the floor, u will not see any dirt and hair on the floor so give appearnace of not dirty. :notti::notti::jawdrop:

I think the amount of dirt on the floor on average is the same whethe matted or glossy. But just that matted one dun appear dirty, not that it don't get dirty easily, just that u dun see it rather. in fact if u want the appearance of 'not dirty' u can choose black tiles, sure appear clean cos' unless it is white hair on the floor, u will not see any dirt and hair on the floor so give appearnace of not dirty. :notti::notti::jawdrop:

yupz of cos the dirt is there lah...but the point is - you gonna sweep every now and then or just twice weekly?

the same thing with silver grey cars....you dont need to wash so frequently. :lol:

Hi Mace, tried the duck mold on the silicon on my shower screen....

I bought the Duck mold yesterday, spray on the moulds in the afternoon for a few hours, can see

the moulds disappear by 30%. Then after our shower at nite, I spray quite a lot again and leave it overnite.

And guess wat???? I woke up tis morning to check again, first thing in the morning and the moulds oni hv 20% left....Wow! I dun need to do anything....and the moulds disappear by 80% after 2 usages!

I am gonna try it again today.......hopefully the remaining moulds will disappear soon....

Mabbe some moulds are more stubborn, so need more time to work on it....

Bt duck molds smells like bleach smell, no good to smell to much...a lot of chlorine...bt duck mold dun hurt my tiles la....which I am afraid of...

Nevertheless, it is highly recommended!

Hi karen77sg, I would like to try using the duck mould to clear the mould on the shower screen silicon too. However, I went to cold storage just now. There are quite a number of products under the duck brand. Do you have the full description or maybe the pic to show me which duck mould you use to clean? Thanks alot.

Hi Mace, do you know which duck mould karen77sg is referring to? Please help!:notti: I really need to clean the mould too!! thanks alot.

I think the amount of dirt on the floor on average is the same whethe matted or glossy. But just that matted one dun appear dirty, not that it don't get dirty easily, just that u dun see it rather. in fact if u want the appearance of 'not dirty' u can choose black tiles, sure appear clean cos' unless it is white hair on the floor, u will not see any dirt and hair on the floor so give appearnace of not dirty. :D:furious::furious:

Actually no leh.....black and white tiles same leh....cars are good example. Most dust are whitish and grey....so black tiles will be more obvious

Hi karen77sg, I would like to try using the duck mould to clear the mould on the shower screen silicon too. However, I went to cold storage just now. There are quite a number of products under the duck brand. Do you have the full description or maybe the pic to show me which duck mould you use to clean? Thanks alot.

Hi Mace, do you know which duck mould karen77sg is referring to? Please help!:dribble: I really need to clean the mould too!! thanks alot.

avaliable in NTUC...easy to find one.

my wife bought.....havent use yet...cos me still a bit skeptical about it's effectiveness

Actually no leh.....black and white tiles same leh....cars are good example. Most dust are whitish and grey....so black tiles will be more obvious

lazy bum like me will never choose black or white....especially black...1 single peck of dust also look so obvious...where got so much time every 24 hour clean clean clean no need to do other things liao :help:

2nd Dec 2007 Sunday 3pm-9pm

1)

2)

3)

4)

by invitation only - you know who you are hehe

Edited by MaCe

aiyo.. before wedding muz 过大礼, my hubby n his family are supposed to com n 下娉.

ok ok ..cantonese called it LUP CHOY or something like dat..

avaliable in NTUC...easy to find one.

my wife bought.....havent use yet...cos me still a bit skeptical about it's effectiveness

lazy bum like me will never choose black or white....especially black...1 single peck of dust also look so obvious...where got so much time every 24 hour clean clean clean no need to do other things liao :dunno:

Hi mace, until now still dun know which duck mould you guys are referring to that can clear the mould on shower screen. Do you have the full description or maybe picture to show me? Sorry me blur blur one...