Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MaCe

Money $$$ Not $$$ Enough Blog

Anyone know wat liquid can be use to clean the switches???Trying to cut cost by cleaning it myself cos if were to change the switches,will cost ard $300 - $400.And the best part is,the previous owner of the hse have alot of switches....hai..... pls help :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Anyone know wat liquid can be use to clean the switches???Trying to cut cost by cleaning it myself cos if were to change the switches,will cost ard $300 - $400.And the best part is,the previous owner of the hse have alot of switches....hai..... pls help :(

use magiccleaner - the green one.

if cannot clean, use zippo.

help me buy too leh!

anyone interested in bulk purchases?!

you refering to the mop + trolley pail?

toyogo toapayoh lorong 8 or 5b pte ltd at joo chiat.

Any have any idea how to prevent fruit flies from entering my fridge?

My fridge is not even a week old and last night I saw lots of fruit flies lying dead in all 3 compartments of my fridge...not sure how they got in...hubby suspects that they got in together with the fruits I placed in the fridge and the flies multiplied...

Any have any idea how to prevent fruit flies from entering my fridge?

My fridge is not even a week old and last night I saw lots of fruit flies lying dead in all 3 compartments of my fridge...not sure how they got in...hubby suspects that they got in together with the fruits I placed in the fridge and the flies multiplied...

:bangwall::)

usually only bananas attract lots of fruitflies......your case never heard b4 leh. should be as what your hubby suspected lah.

:good::good:

usually only bananas attract lots of fruitflies......your case never heard b4 leh. should be as what your hubby suspected lah.

Ya lor...I also thought only bananas are 'attractive' to fruit flies...haiz....don't know how many fruit flies I'll discover tonight...

Ya lor...I also thought only bananas are 'attractive' to fruit flies...haiz....don't know how many fruit flies I'll discover tonight...

then better those fruits that you previously put inside....might have "nest"??? sounds scary huh....

Wow! good blog! thank Bro MaCe and all!

anyone knows how to clean very dirty aircon surface and good aircon servicing? the existing aircon surface is very dirty although it is 5 years old flat. I don't have a budget to change it too. Pls help me.... :)

anyone knows how to clean very dirty aircon surface and good aircon servicing? the existing aircon surface is very dirty although it is 5 years old flat. I don't have a budget to change it too. Pls help me.... :dancingqueen:

huh you mean the external casing - the plastics? then magiccleaner lor cheap and good.

for internal you need to engage a aircon tech to do it.... my kaki got a good one who cleans the internal simi coil also - i sms him for the number, will post here once i got the number.

anyone knows how to clean very dirty aircon surface and good aircon servicing? the existing aircon surface is very dirty although it is 5 years old flat. I don't have a budget to change it too. Pls help me.... :dancingqueen:

got it, desmond 90086163. this guy does deep cleaning hor.

got it, desmond 90086163. this guy does deep cleaning hor.

Thank you so much, brother MaCe! :notti:

Yes. I have to clean plastic cover and need to engage with tech for internal too.

going to start reno within next week. !!

Advantages of Electronic ballast

1) lamp does not flickers - good for your eyes.

2) instantaneous light, light come on the moment you press the switch.

3) 90+% energy efficiency - meaning 90+% of the electricity is used to power the lamp while less than 10% is used to produce heat. magnetic ballast has only 70& energy efficiency.

4) constant flow of electricity - stable supply to the lamp.

A incandescent bulb uses only 10% of the total electricity while 90% is wasted to produce HEAT.

imagine every 100 watts the bulb consumes - only 10 watts is used for the lighting, while the 90 watts($$$) is flush down the toilet bowl.

Myth of electronic ballast

During the course of learning, I have come across at least 4 electricians TAO CHEW(started out as apprentices), all old birds in the industry and 2 electrical engineers(with diploma and degree) with contruction firms.

Myth 1 : Electronic ballast causes your lamp to spoil VERY FAST http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/29.gif

ans by a engineer : then why philips/osram/ge are selling them? lotsa new hi tech bldgs are using them!

Cause of Myth : using china made no name ballast and no name fluorescent tubes. worse still a dimmer switch is installed without a dimmer ballast!

ballast3.jpg

Hi Mace

I finally got my hands on the E-Ballast from CCM. Wow, lots of stuff going cheap there....love that place.

OK here goes my question, need some little guidance. Saw the orange connector with 3 slots as in your attached Pic....I suppose N goes into the first slot at the top, not sure L should be the second or 3 slot from the top. Also my current lights did not have any ground cable installed, do I need to hook up the ground cable for this E-ballast? !!

Hi Mace

I finally got my hands on the E-Ballast from CCM. Wow, lots of stuff going cheap there....love that place.

OK here goes my question, need some little guidance. Saw the orange connector with 3 slots as in your attached Pic....I suppose N goes into the first slot at the top, not sure L should be the second or 3 slot from the top. Also my current lights did not have any ground cable installed, do I need to hook up the ground cable for this E-ballast? :dunno:

i didnt hook up the ground also - so far 3 mths liao no problem.

from the pic - top one is N

middle is L

bottom one is Ground.

Thank you so much, brother MaCe! :bangwall:

Yes. I have to clean plastic cover and need to engage with tech for internal too.

going to start reno within next week. :dunno:

no problem, if got tips remember to come here share share hor.