Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MaCe

Money $$$ Not $$$ Enough Blog

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
collecting dust now(microwave oven) :dancingqueen:

Try selling at Yahoo auctions or Mocca...better a few dollars than dust. Higher price if still under warranty.

Try selling at Yahoo auctions or Mocca...better a few dollars than dust. Higher price if still under warranty.

close relative give one....die die must keep until it corrodes into fine metal sand... :dancingqueen:

get the philips e-ballast from the list above - choo chiang. $9 bucks.

for circular lights, when you put the lamp on the floor, there are 4 pins rights?

the L and G is actually the 2 pins on the right and 2 pins on the left. connect either side is ok as long as it's in a loop.

Hi Mace, thanks for the tip, but I don't drive and usually have a busy weekday schedule, any suggestion for someone like me living in SengKang?

BTW, I bought a new set of lights, and is trying to figure out how to replace my current lights. The circuitry is somewhat different from my existing ones, attached a pic here for your advise, not sure where to and how to hook the L & N together with the starter kit.

If I hook these things up wrongly will the ballast or tube explode??

dsc00157tc4.jpg

Edited by Jliow

the circuitry is different?

then your existing ones must be electronic ballast.

they wont explode, but must take precaution when doing such stuffs

TURN OFF MAIN MCB + WEAR RUBBER SLIPPERS!!!!

dsc00157tc4.jpg

time to share - all the stuffs I have learned from renotalk, internet, friends, relatives..etc

Initially want to buy this but was given free by a relative. Good for big houses or lazy housewife/houseman.

mop1.jpg

halo MaCe,

could i know where i can get the above?

what's the price range like?

halo MaCe,

could i know where i can get the above?

what's the price range like?

you can get it from 5B pte ltd(joo chiat) or toyogo at toa payoh lor 8.

around $30-$40 i think.

the circuitry is different?

then your existing ones must be electronic ballast.

they wont explode, but must take precaution when doing such stuffs

TURN OFF MAIN MCB + WEAR RUBBER SLIPPERS!:jawdrop:!

dsc00157tc4.jpg

Hi MaCe, thanks for the tip, my existing ballast is magnetic, just that I don't know why so many wirings. the starter kit connects to the L & N and also connect to the ballast....when I trace the cables.....very :dancingqueen:

ok I suppose in my new lighting kit, I connect one end of the starter kit to L and the other to N?

BTW thank you so much for your help

Hi MaCe, thanks for the tip, my existing ballast is magnetic, just that I don't know why so many wirings. the starter kit connects to the L & N and also connect to the ballast....when I trace the cables.....very :yamseng:

ok I suppose in my new lighting kit, I connect one end of the starter kit to L and the other to N?

one advice, whichever cable you trace, use a small sticker label, label it and stick it around the cable. like that you will hv lesser headache. i m not in electrical lines but i got hands-on experience and this is my experience when i do cabling and re-wiring works ranging from pcb to big switchboards and i also learn from my electrical wiring men.

one advice, whichever cable you trace, use a small sticker label, label it and stick it around the cable. like that you will hv lesser headache. i m not in electrical lines but i got hands-on experience and this is my experience when i do cabling and re-wiring works ranging from pcb to big switchboards and i also learn from my electrical wiring men.

if they follow the industry standard - simi labeling also no need...the problem comes when all wires same colour like mine! :deal:

one of my sockets when open, all blue wires knn :yamseng:

Hi MaCe, thanks for the tip, my existing ballast is magnetic, just that I don't know why so many wirings. the starter kit connects to the L & N and also connect to the ballast....when I trace the cables.....very :notti:

starter > ballast > main wires.

there might be a connecter in between.

the wiring is lot easier for a electronic ballast.

Hi Bro MaCe,

Question about S/S Pipes!

SOS! Went hunting them at Tembeling/Joo Chiat and found only chrome pipes! Asked around, was directed to one C*t* harware shop located along the pub stretch. Hee... didn't dare to go! So I searched for their number and called, they say don't sell 20 ft pipes. Their pipe is only 5.75 ft and if i want longer, must join with socket?! AND it's $24 for that length!:yamseng:!

I want to find the shop you bought from! Can pm me the shop name and address if convenient? Recall you said it's only $22+ for 20 ft and x 2 for 40 ft total you spent $44+ only!

One more question: is the pipe diameter 15mm or 22mm?

Many thanks!:notti:

Hi Bro MaCe,

Question about S/S Pipes!

SOS! Went hunting them at Tembeling/Joo Chiat and found only chrome pipes! Asked around, was directed to one C*t* harware shop located along the pub stretch. Hee... didn't dare to go! So I searched for their number and called, they say don't sell 20 ft pipes. Their pipe is only 5.75 ft and if i want longer, must join with socket?! AND it's $24 for that length!:sport-smiley-004:!

I want to find the shop you bought from! Can pm me the shop name and address if convenient? Recall you said it's only $22+ for 20 ft and x 2 for 40 ft total you spent $44+ only!

One more question: is the pipe diameter 15mm or 22mm?

Many thanks!:dancingqueen:

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel.../travel_site_1/

wah? then you went to wrong shops liao

see the map here - it's directly opposite the school, also opposite a kopitiam.

there is only 1 water pipe shop there - they sell to contractors.

cant remember exactly how much... can only remember I paid $20+ for the 15mm ones 20ft or 18ft. definitely NOT 5.75ft.

Edited by MaCe

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel.../travel_site_1/

wah? then you went to wrong shops liao

see the map here - it's directly opposite the school, also opposite a kopitiam.

there is only 1 water pipe shop there - they sell to contractors.

cant remember exactly how much... can only remember I paid $20+ for the 15mm ones 20ft or 18ft. definitely NOT 5.75ft.

gam xia Bro! i going now! hope i can find it. thank you very much!

Hey all

Sorry to interject...mine post is not anything on money saving stuff. need advise.

If i wanna change my set of bathroom WC plus sink given by HDB in the common bathroom, can I just purchase the WC and Sink, remove the existing ones and install it without having to hack the floor/wall tiles? Cos I already finished my reno for my new house but left out the common bath as we tot the tiiles given to us by HDB is still ok; just that now i'm thinking of 'upgrading' WC and sink.

My ID said cannot and must hack out everything in order to change the WC and sink which I seriously think its stupid. I think he's trying to pull a fast one on me. Eitherway, I don't wanna anything to do with my ID (tho his performance can rival that of an avg contractor, NOT an ID) now my reno is complete and handed over.

Anyone can advise? Tks in advance.