Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MaCe

Money $$$ Not $$$ Enough Blog

hi, just wanna ask ard if you guys know of anything that can clean up the rust or spot on chrome metal...

You see, my new place's previous owner install a tempered glass shower screen, but the chrome hinges are no longer shining any more, with some spots on them...

Anyway i can remove them?? contractor said i could use autoso..to clear it up

Help

Thanks...

autosol more for brass and mild oxidization.

use this, scrub with greenpad, if this cant clean - then there is nothing else liao.

it works on my brass/aluminium - machiam rust stains - all clean clean now but do take note that there will be scratches from the greenpad.

chem15.jpg

then spray with this to protect it - so that it wont "rust" so fast.

chem9.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i can vouch 4 the 3M stainless steel cleaner...........actually found out by accident fm the supplier of my kitchen solid top when they came 2 polish..........n they recommended the stainless steel cleaner to 'polish' or rather add shine to my counter top (which is black).............N IT REALLY WORKS...............so every now n then when i wanna give my a kitchen a 'brand new' look..simply polish with the cleaner.............of course, it works on my hob n backsplash also...............everything so shiny n nice :notti:

too bad...it doesn't remove the scratches n stains on the kitchen top.....tat requires professional effort.......but sometimes even grinding/professional polishing can't really help..........

so those of u with black solid top.............must take extra care........esp. with heat n water marks..........n try the 3M on it.............. !!

wah mr mace........seriously m hooked to this thread....excellent compilation of tips n tricks.....many of us wil b saving lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$ following ur shortcuts/tried n tested.............

i haf been following renotalk long long time as a guest..........but now tat u started tis new thing going....had 2 join as member so at least can tell u how greeat this is................n mayb also can share abit lar...........

wah! I am flattered - buy you kopi-o ! coffee.gif:bangwall:

regarding lizards ;

in my old house we dont kill them and NO flies no cockroaches....natural enemy mah.

i even witness a couple of times, my fat lizards dashed out from the cabinet gaps and grab cockroaches.

but very sianz with their "discharge".... :deal:puke.gif

thats why in my new house - i didnt do any skirtings - bcos of skirtings your cabinets/furniture can never flush with the wall, creating a huge gap in between and unreachable. Thats the place lizards called HOME!!!

SEE? no gaps!:notti: hehe

skirting.jpg

wah! I am flattered - buy you kopi-o ! coffee.gif !!

regarding lizards ;

in my old house we dont kill them and NO flies no cockroaches....natural enemy mah.

i even witness a couple of times, my fat lizards dashed out from the cabinet gaps and grab cockroaches.

but very sianz with their "discharge".... :bangwall:puke.gif

thats why in my new house - i didnt do any skirtings - bcos of skirtings your cabinets/furniture can never flush with the wall, creating a huge gap in between and unreachable. Thats the place lizards called HOME!!!

SEE? no gaps!:notti: hehe

skirting.jpg

hmmmmmmmmm..................was reading abt tat in ur earlier posts......very clever........strangely, 2 do without skirting is something tat never occured 2 most pple (dare i speak 4 others)............

in my case, we inherited the flooring n skirting..........so gaps r here 2 stay!:deal:

seems tat the lizards love the comforts of my kitchen..........we don't get much roaches or other insects ard...........

so farnee.............was feeling so vexed the other nite while hb was attacking a giant lizard.......tat wanted to rush out to get the kby.....but it was way past 9pm..............do they sell it at mustaffa by any chance?.....

also mace, does the kby give out any smell or leave behind residue?? n can leave it (safe) burn overnite?? during the day while at work??

hmm.. so bad ah ? not pure white leh... gt speckles on it one... or anything used to clean solid surface is fine..

Hi oonik girl,

We are using white solid surface too, so far no major stain. Heng... but hor u must bear in mind nt to cut orange or lemon (those acid fruit) on it and any kopi stain or curry stain must quickly wipe it off IMMEDIATELY. Otherwise u knw wat will happen lah. :dancingqueen:

We wipe it often when ever we have food on top of it and we keep it clean too, veri troublesome hor :(

go buy a cheapo $1 metal ashtray and put the KBY inside to burn.

but pls be careful, the metal ashtray will be very hot while the KBY is burning.

I was told after burning - it does leave something on your walls/furnitures :(

When i read online articles about smoking cigarettes - the smokes can enter and stick to your furnitures - i think quite true for the KBY also lor.

As all our plates are in the cabinets - no problem burning them in the kitchen. especially when you want to smoke the place under the kitchen cabinets.

places to smoke;

1) near rubbish chute. regularly.

2) under all cabinets.

3) toilets (close door and smoke) - regularly.

4) store (close door and smoke)

5) under sofa,coffee tables,side tables...etc

6) under bed

7) under staircase

type sandalwood and google

http://www.ancient-wisdom-herbs.com/prodde...=Sandalwood-red

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandalwood

Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs

green-basics-cfl_final.jpg

Commonly referred to as CFLs, compact fluorescent lamps or compact fluorescent lightbulbs have escaped the stereotype of buzzing, flickery, washed-lights to become one of the poster children for consumers taking action in the modern green movement. The bulbs, which can replace incandescent, halogen and other electric lights around your house, use between 60% and 80% less energy than their incandescent counterparts, making them an increasingly popular way to cut energy use without having to make any radical changes, like replace your lighting fixtures or rewire your house, in many cases. In addition to using a fraction of the energy, CFLs have a much longer usable life than incandescents, typically lasting between 6,000 and 15,000 hours, compared to 1,000 hours or so for incandescent bulbs. Recent improvements in technology (more details on that in a sec) have improved both the light quality and versatility of CFLs -- many now emit a more pleasant "soft white" light and work in dimmable and three-way fixtures. All of this adds up to a bulb that can save the user upwards of $30 over its life and save 2000 times its own weight in greenhouse gas emissions.

huh, the pic shown is a anti-mosquito(so-called) energy saving bulb leh. giving off a yellow/orange glow.

not avaliable in sg yet.

Another nice stuff

FabricPots: Lightweight, Durable Flower Pots

hova-design-fabricpots.jpg

Made from recycled polyester and recyclable plastic for plant and flower pots, checking in at just 1/4 the weight of their earthenware brethren. The "the world’s first decorative containers made from waterproof and breathable fabric" helps the soil aerate and breathe, and the lightweight, collapsible design cuts back on shipping weight and volume as well.

deathcoth always intro those that needs to be shipped back one

make us gian only :unsure:

mass order = save $

resell in flea market etc :rofl:

hehehe Go Green & make some $ :wub:

:unsure:

go buy a cheapo $1 metal ashtray and put the KBY inside to burn.

but pls be careful, the metal ashtray will be very hot while the KBY is burning.

I was told after burning - it does leave something on your walls/furnitures :rofl:

When i read online articles about smoking cigarettes - the smokes can enter and stick to your furnitures - i think quite true for the KBY also lor.

As all our plates are in the cabinets - no problem burning them in the kitchen. especially when you want to smoke the place under the kitchen cabinets.

places to smoke;

1) near rubbish chute. regularly.

2) under all cabinets.

3) toilets (close door and smoke) - regularly.

4) store (close door and smoke)

5) under sofa,coffee tables,side tables...etc

6) under bed

7) under staircase

type sandalwood and google

http://www.ancient-wisdom-herbs.com/prodde...=Sandalwood-red

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandalwood

thanks a mil mace...............wil try it 4 myself.............hope i won't end up being a 'walking kby'.........ie. the smell get stuck 2 my clothes.........

:wub:

hope i won't end up being a 'walking kby'.........ie. the smell get stuck 2 my clothes.........

nothing to thank for - this a great forum - have benefit a lot during/before my own reno.

if the smell of sandal wood got stuck on your clothes - good thing also.

all your indian neighbours, indians colleagues, indians in mrt, would most probably SMILE to you...

a SCENT of belonging(fren fren mah). 24.gif

nothing to thank for - this a great forum - have benefit a lot during/before my own reno.

if the smell of sandal wood got stuck on your clothes - good thing also.

all your indian neighbours, indians colleagues, indians in mrt, would most probably SMILE to you...

a SCENT of belonging(fren fren mah). 24.gif

i think will kena a hug from them too :bleah:

i think will kena a hug from them too :notti:

indians always get Miss universe miss world one hor....just dont get hug by a indian auntie...or unker worse... :):sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004: