Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yan01

Settling In A New Home

weekends are really very precious! we need to use this time to settle stuff which we can't afford to settle during weekdays

now that our reno schedule is out, we head down to the respective shops to fix the delivery date and also buy an additional T5, which will be placed in the toilet ....

back in last year, we paid a deposit to lock down the price of 2 sofa which we couldn't decide which to choose ... so our sales assistant is very kind to let us made our decision only when we are ready. they are flexible to let us change the model if we like something else next time too ... we kind of enjoy their service and decided to get the sofa from there in any case, so we paid the deposit ...

we went back again to view the sofa ... hehe it still feels good :lol: .... n we feel even better knowing that the price we have locked last year is still $100 cheaper than the current price even though its on promo! :yeah:

picID10.jpg

the sofa

my ID almost went crazy when I told him I really like this sofa ... becos its so woody and it doesn't match any corner of my house ... but luckily we could change the woody colour to a very very dark brown (the sales person say its dark brown but it look black to my eyes)... lol i think that's the problem with a "designed house" ... you can't just buy anything that you like .. u still need to match ...

in the midst of confirming the delivery dates, the aunty boss handed me this freebie since we bought quite alot from them ... the online review of this kitchen set is not fantastic ... but we wont reject free gifts hehehehe :notti: :notti: :notti:

81V7OcnPsBL._SL1500_.jpg

gibson lybra 32pc kitchen set

we then went over to our house again to check our the process ... sand is found in every rooms and our false ceiling is up! ID says we are ahead of schedule .. mayb can finish 1 week in advance :dancingqueen:

12563934944_1d0ab39e5b_c.jpg

12563481075_933a3c48dc_c.jpg

12563942094_92bb4db11a_c.jpg

Oh my...!

The sofa looks really good, can share the shop and price??

thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

utor, i can't rem the exact price, but i bought it from cellini at $129X last year. it was $13XX when i went back last wkend to cfm my sofa.

the sales person mention that there will be a joint event with toshiba this coming wkend, and there will b more deals coming up! u can go check if keen :)

Oh my...!

The sofa looks really good, can share the shop and price??

thanks!

part & parcel of my reno

hub and i ended our day relatively early ytd, n thot of dropping by our hse b4 the sky darken, for the 1st time during wkday! for all these while, we didn't meet up with anyone except our ID becos obviously the workers alr left after the sky darken. we usually drp by in late afternoon during wkends, n the workers only wrk halfday.

it really didn't occur to me to see my door n gate wide open when i step out of the lift. :jawdrop: hub hv alr rch the doorstep while i'm still standing at the lift area having the internal struggle: "shld i go in or not?!?!"

hub: u still wan to go in?

me: huh! i dono leh! do u think we shld go in?

hub: i'm ok .. jus go in la, nvm one

me: huh! really? wad r they doing?

**while talking hub alr step into the living room standing there; i quickly follow behind n stand outside the gate.**

**the workers are talking happily n loudly**

me: (whispering) u saw them?

hub: i saw one. at the corridor there cutting tiles. the other cannot c. shld b inside.

me: (still whispering) they see u?

hub: no. they v focus

**hub look at me, i look back. awkward silence. with the workers' conversation in the background**

me: (whispering) hmmm i think we shld not disturb them leh ... lets go. :ph34r:

MY HUB LAUGH AT ME NON STOP CAN. :~:~:~:~ :~ :~:~:~

he couldn't believe i ran away. i told him i felt like i'm invading their privacy. what if i startled them? what if they cut their fingers? what do u wan to say to them? n hub jus go HAHAHAHAHAHA all the night :bangwall::bangwall:

i dono what others will do, but that was my instinct reaction.

ok. ya. i scramble away from my own home :P

anyway, i went back to the hse after dinner in pitch dark. again.

more tiles on the floor. grouting in living room applied. the service yard window is up. :wub:

here u go~~ i guess the trunking will camouflage better after painting :)

12655549464_f1fc507980_c.jpg

12655204223_70ac5bce4d_c.jpg

Thanks! It's not very obvious. I think after painting shld be camouflaged unless pple know what to look for :good:

part & parcel of my reno

hub and i ended our day relatively early ytd, n thot of dropping by our hse b4 the sky darken, for the 1st time during wkday! for all these while, we didn't meet up with anyone except our ID becos obviously the workers alr left after the sky darken. we usually drp by in late afternoon during wkends, n the workers only wrk halfday.

it really didn't occur to me to see my door n gate wide open when i step out of the lift. :jawdrop: hub hv alr rch the doorstep while i'm still standing at the lift area having the internal struggle: "shld i go in or not?!?!"

**while talking hub alr step into the living room standing there; i quickly follow behind n stand outside the gate.**

hub: i saw one. at the corridor there cutting tiles. the other cannot c. shld b inside.

**hub look at me, i look back. awkward silence. with the workers' conversation in the background**

he couldn't believe i ran away. i told him i felt like i'm invading their privacy. what if i startled them? what if they cut their fingers? what do u wan to say to them? n hub jus go HAHAHAHAHAHA all the night :bangwall::bangwall:

more tiles on the floor. grouting in living room applied. the service yard window is up. :wub:

Hahaha ~

I think its ok for you to visit your own house during Reno as its good to supervise how things are done and egtc.

Anyway go a few more times and you may get used to it ~

lol~ thnx for your encouragement .. i have mental preparations now and will try will be more brave during the next visit, heheheee :P

Hahaha ~

I think its ok for you to visit your own house during Reno as its good to supervise how things are done and egtc.

Anyway go a few more times and you may get used to it ~

lol~ thnx for your encouragement .. i have mental preparations now and will try will be more brave during the next visit, heheheee :P

Hahaha

Good luck and hope to see some pictures update of the progress.

part & parcel of my reno

wahahah....no need to run away lah....your house leh.... :)

Though I admit, I was all alone when I went to my unit last Friday evening - first day of reno work. Saw some indian workers pushing wheelbarrows of debris downstairs and I tot of turning back already....

But then, I already made my way there, so I thought just go upstairs to take a peek. I just went in for about 2 minutes (think less than that). The supervisor (I think) noticed and went 'you owner arh?' After I confirmed yes, he went back to ordering the men about.

I felt i was in the way as they were pushing wheelbarrows after wheelbarrows of debris out, so I left within 5 minutes....also there was just A LOT of dust flying about....

i went to my hse during the wkends again! i dono y but i jus can't help it and love visiting my new home.. :wub:

finally i can see how my tiles actually look lyk! i think it's quite nice after laying out...

12734121993_82eaeaf2b3_c.jpg

my washer base is up too. ID originally wanted to flush the base through the whole width of my service yard, but i purposely requested it to be only of the size enough for my washer. i don't really like the idea of having my floor trap level up the ground with a small water drainage hole. i felt that removal of water is inefficient this way ...

12733945845_c60d42d3f3_c.jpg

the complimentary tiles from HDB and the originally laid tiles have quite a significant colour difference. :wacko: but we are not tt particular abt this ... oh n hub find the angular corner an interesting idea~

OMG what really wow us is our mbr toilet!!!:notti: i was actually at the kitchen taking photos while i heard hub exclaiming "WA" from inside. i quickly walked in n this is what welcomed me!

12734117393_db4ac19b23_c.jpg

its such a huge transform!! :D i think the photo doesn't do justice to the tiles, its really nice with some *blink blink* ... can't wait to see the final product :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

as kitchen has minimal tiling works, its the first to be completed at this phase, less the carpentry.

12736172464_52d5c685c5_c.jpg

Nice update pictures.

Hope to see more when more work is done.

For the washer tiles color I don think its an issue as once you place it on top you will not see it ~ Heheh

(*Pls use a good camera and on the lights of MBR when you take the picture next time, really like to see the "Wa" factor :notti: )

hi koori~ haha yes, its very dusty during reno especially during the initial stage. things will get beta hopefully after tiling works have finished :sport-smiley-018:

wahahah....no need to run away lah....your house leh.... :)

Though I admit, I was all alone when I went to my unit last Friday evening - first day of reno work. Saw some indian workers pushing wheelbarrows of debris downstairs and I tot of turning back already....

But then, I already made my way there, so I thought just go upstairs to take a peek. I just went in for about 2 minutes (think less than that). The supervisor (I think) noticed and went 'you owner arh?' After I confirmed yes, he went back to ordering the men about.

I felt i was in the way as they were pushing wheelbarrows after wheelbarrows of debris out, so I left within 5 minutes....also there was just A LOT of dust flying about....

sure! :good: will do it when the final reno is done ... haha now no lights, n im using hp camera =X

Nice update pictures.

Hope to see more when more work is done.

For the washer tiles color I don think its an issue as once you place it on top you will not see it ~ Heheh

(*Pls use a good camera and on the lights of MBR when you take the picture next time, really like to see the "Wa" factor :notti: )

tips & tricks for sound bar (copied from philips support forum)

12763815183_b0edac7f63_c.jpg

1. Center the SoundBar right under the TV for a balanced sound experience, so picture and sound play from the same origin — just the way the cinema engineer intended.
  2. Place the SoundBar so that the speakers are in line with your ears. This lets you hear more detail, especially at high frequencies. However, this should be balanced with the preferred height of your TV.
  3. Leave at least 1 meter of space between the SoundBar and both sidewalls so the sound reflects in a balanced, symmetrical way.
  4. To experience the maximum surround sound effect, allow 3 to 8 meters distance between the sound setup and the listening area.
  5. Make sure the SoundBar doesn’t block the TV screen – the TV should be elevated higher, or be wall mounted.
  6. The ideal place for the TV and SoundBar is on the wall: if the TV is wall mounted, the SoundBar can be easily mounted under it with the supplied bracket. You can then remove the feet pads for a cleaner look.
  7. If wall mounted, leave a 10 to 15 centimeter gap between the SoundBar and TV, so you can access the top control panel and vertical disc loader (for most of our models).
  8. The subwoofer can be placed anywhere in the room as long as it’s at least 1 meter away from the main unit. This prevents sound vibrations from interfering with the disc reader. Leave about 10 centimeters between the subwoofer and the wall to let sound carry with the airflow.
  9. Obsessed with replicating the ‘live’ experience? Then place your subwoofer on the right side of your TV and SoundBar – the bass and brass section of an orchestra are traditionally located on that side.
  10. Great sound also depends on your home environment. A room with curtains and carpet helps to dampen the noise reflections for more authentic sound. Speakers and subwoofers out in the open also produce better sound – so avoid placing them in an enclosed shelf and cupboard space.

my ID drew a very nice detailed drawing of all my carpentry works, just like how i learn my D&T back in my sec sch days! as for my TV feature/console, ID thot we are jus placing the soundbar on top of the drawers ... but we are actually gg to mount it! haha ... ID says he normally leave a standard hole for the TV cables at 1100mm from floor for TV mounting.

now the measurements are very impt for us becos we are having a soundbar below the TV and future expansion of TV size affects where the TV should b hung now... :unsure: and once the hole is drilled, its there forever!

12763699625_01c0366e56_c.jpg

tentatively we are eyeing on a 50" TV. so now i'm not sure if its ok to leave 10cm from the drawer and 10cm from the TV. i think i shld hav a hole for the cabling to rch the soundbar too? so it will b neater and concealed ... for any bigger TV in the future, i guess i won't get anything bigger than 60" ... cos its either too ex or its too huge for the small living area. just in case i get richer next time :dribble: the 60" TV will leave only 3.2cm gap from the soundbar ... and 6.4cm gap if its 55" TV, which i'm not sure if its too narrow. and oso i dono whats the probability tt i will upgrade the TV in the future. :blink: hmmm should i leave a 15cm gap from the TV to play safe? but visual wise, i personally feel it looks more sleek with the TV and soundbar close tgt ... :help::help::help:

• Like 2