Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eugela

Shunfu 5rm

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading this forum, soaking tons of info that everyone here contribute ever since I signed my OTP in Sep 09 to get this HDB 5rm in Shunfu.

1st Appt is scheduled on 1st Dec and I est my 2nd appt will be around mid Jan or so.

Have been spending almost every weekend looking at reno stuff and also trying very hard to get quotes from all the good contractors recommended by friends here. I am leaning to engage a contractor and not an ID as my reno is rather simple type.

Will try to update and post more photos upon getting my keys in Jan 2010, meantime here is my floorplan.

Initial plan is to

1. Redo both toilets and kitchen, meaning everything to go. Reposition common toilet door to enable me to fix a glass shower screen there as well as the MBR

2. Laminate for my bedrooms and probably Living/Dining area as well.

3. Level up the balcony to make the living room more spacious

4. Rewiring whole house

5. Replaster whole house wall and ceiling

6. Carpentry works for wardrobe in all bedrooms

Any suggestion welcome as I plan to confirm the contractor in Dec, probably would not rush for CNY Handover as it is almost impossible.

Thanks

ShunfuLayoutJPG2.jpg

Edited by eugela

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Some photos of the original condition taken when we signed the OTP

The Living Area

P1080914.jpg

The Kitchen

P1080900.jpg

The MBR

P1080909.jpg

Edited by eugela

Thanks Ossify, looking at your 1st and 2nd appt dates, I est I should get my 2nd appt right in the middle of Jan, maybe I can squeeze in all the hacking and wetworks before CNY and have the balance done after CNY to save some time.

Welcome to RT ! Looking at your floor plan, i like the dining and living rm area...looks nice and big, space wise also easy to plan as squarish layout for bedrooms. Have fun renovating !

Hehe, i was pm-ing eugela that i probably viewed his flat too when i was searching for my house. :)

Haha, replied your pm, I missed the boat on the one that you viewed.

Welcome to RT ! Looking at your floor plan, i like the dining and living rm area...looks nice and big, space wise also easy to plan as squarish layout for bedrooms. Have fun renovating !

JanD, that's one of the reason why I bought this place. Coupled with the convenient location with MRT and eateries.

Hi,

Congrats on getting your new home.

Suggest that you work out your budget for renovation and furnishings first and have about $5K extra just in case;)