Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cedric

Our Nest In Elias

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
thks..

btw, how much did u spent on ur reno?

Somewhere between $34-$38k? But it doesn't include any electrical, bathroom fittings, air-con etc. But it was a very resaonable sum, considering I redid the entire house minus the service balcony.

Somewhere between $34-$38k? But it doesn't include any electrical, bathroom fittings, air-con etc. But it was a very resaonable sum, considering I redid the entire house minus the service balcony.

i agree.. its reasonable :)

Hi guys, just a small update here.

Kinda completed moving in. Trying to enjoy my home entertainment system in the living room. Was simply amazed at the number of remote control devices I use just in the living room alone. Take a look!

P1170832.jpg

Excluding the cordless phone, a total of 9 remote controls!:dancingqueen:

Check out all my setup boxes!

P1170855.jpg

What you see is SCV HD setup box and mioTV setup box. With mio, I can finally watch HD5! I must say the quality isn't bad at all! Using a samsung DVD player to give me a full 1080p upscaling, a JAMO HTS, and a TOSlink switch to connect all the TOSlink cable from mio, SCV and DVD player to JAMO. The wiring in there is ****! Thank goodness its all hidden!

Cheers!

:D

Edited by Cedric

Time to showcase my pets! Meet my clowns! Been keeping a piece of the ocean since 2000. Due to work commitment, had to downsize to a nano cube.

P1170841.jpg

And this is what my darling gave me for my birthday! Has always been facinated by lava lamps. Now it doubles up as a night light.

P1170852.jpg

:dancingqueen:

Edited by Cedric

Hi guys, just a small update here.

Kinda completed moving in. Trying to enjoy my home entertainment system in the living room. Was simply amazed at the number of remote control devices I use just in the living room alone. Take a look!

P1170832.jpg

Excluding the cordless phone, a total of 9 remote controls!:dancingqueen:

Check out all my setup boxes!

P1170855.jpg

What you see is SCV HD setup box and mioTV setup box. With mio, I can finally watch HD5! I must say the quality isn't bad at all! Using a samsung DVD player to give me a full 1080p upscaling, a JAMO HTS, and a TOSlink switch to connect all the TOSlink cable from mio, SCV and DVD player to JAMO. The wiring in there is ****! Thank goodness its all hidden!

Cheers!

:D

Err... since u have SCV HD setup box why do u still get Mio isnt it double channel???

hi cedric, can i ask how is your miotv box connected to the modem?

my modem is quite some distance away from the tv

didn't get the wireless solution so now thinking how else can i watch hd5 :dancingqueen:

Edited by applefreak

Time to showcase my pets! Meet my clowns! Been keeping a piece of the ocean since 2000. Due to work commitment, had to downsize to a nano cube.

P1170841.jpg

And this is what my darling gave me for my birthday! Has always been facinated by lava lamps. Now it doubles up as a night light.

P1170852.jpg

:dancingqueen:

Wow luv ur marine fish. :D

hi cedric, can i ask how is your miotv box connected to the modem?

my modem is quite some distance away from the tv

didn't get the wireless solution so now thinking how else can i watch hd5 :D

Hi applefreak, I got the wireless solution using a powerline adapter. Basically, you transmit the signal from the mio modem via the household powersocket to the powersupply of the mio setup box. It was fuss free installation. You should try it! :dancingqueen:

Err... since u have SCV HD setup box why do u still get Mio isnt it double channel???

Haha, was greedy! SCV did not have HD5, plus mio is like a video renting service, just choose what video you want to watch at the comfort of your home. Their selection isn't that bad. Hopefully they will improve their content soon! :dunno:

Edited by Cedric

Hi applefreak, I got the wireless solution using a powerline adapter. Basically, you transmit the signal from the mio modem via the household powersocket to the powersupply of the mio setup box. It was fuss free installation. You should try it! :rolleyes:

oh read about that somewhere

care to share what brand and where i can get it?

thanks a lot :bangwall::rolleyes: