Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gohkm

Homo Tiles Or Marble?

i just got a standard flat at clementi.........since its standard i got problem with the flooring? Nowadays it is advisable for the flooring to be homogeneous or marble? For toilet and kitchen what kind of flooring is it advisable for me to use? Thank you so much........

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Mable is more expensive and it requires maintenance... wax regulatly to maintain its shine... it can absorb liquid easy... there was once I put the red paper... those type that old generation cut and make red packet ... and the colour just went in... after few years the marble becomes blur... U need to get someone to polish it...

If U like natural stone... go for garnite will be a better choice...

Homo tiles... other than the line between the tiles... I find it is easier maintain than mable...

Mable is more expensive and it requires maintenance... wax regulatly to maintain its shine... it can absorb liquid easy... there was once I put the red paper... those type that old generation cut and make red packet ... and the colour just went in... after few years the marble becomes blur... U need to get someone to polish it...

If U like natural stone... go for garnite will be a better choice...

Homo tiles... other than the line between the tiles... I find it is easier maintain than mable...

u mean granite? is granite more expensive than marble and homo? u mean granite no lines between the tiles? how about wall tiles? which type better? thank you.......

u mean granite? is granite more expensive than marble and homo? u mean granite no lines between the tiles? how about wall tiles? which type better? thank you.......

In general granite is more expensive.... but U konw... every type also have cheap and expensive items...

Not too sure about wall tiles... because I only choose the pattern I like within the price range that provided by the ID...

Suggest U go to the tiles supplier and take a look... I got mine from SBH... Toh Guan road east.. just opposite IMM.... there are many type of tiles... and there are mook up kitchen and toilet... is worth to take a look... and U can ask the questions there...

In general granite is more expensive.... but U konw... every type also have cheap and expensive items...

Not too sure about wall tiles... because I only choose the pattern I like within the price range that provided by the ID...

Suggest U go to the tiles supplier and take a look... I got mine from SBH... Toh Guan road east.. just opposite IMM.... there are many type of tiles... and there are mook up kitchen and toilet... is worth to take a look... and U can ask the questions there...

Thank you for the advice............

Homo cannot polish. At most can do is wax.

oh thanks for your info.....

why wax? sorry for asking too many question.

Is it not shiny?

My neighbour fllor homo tiles, but recently ask someone to come with a machine to 'wax' the floor.

Why it is so?

oh thanks for your info.....

why wax? sorry for asking too many question.

Is it not shiny?

My neighbour fllor homo tiles, but recently ask someone to come with a machine to 'wax' the floor.

Why it is so?

Sometimes.. after cleaning up.. got some swirl marks as if some where shoes with sand walk ard.. Waxing will remove the tiny swirl marks, just like car polish/wax. Some ppl wax hoping the grout lines will get sealed lor.. so wun trap dirt lor.

But.. I tink.. is phychological lor.. cos the wax dun last at all. I believe.. floor.. is meant to be used lor.. not suppose to be a art masterpiece to be admired.

Actually there are different grade of Homo tiles, the better grades (~$4 psf) has better finishing and offer anti-stain properties. The lower grades Homo tiles will stain easier. Can go to the tile shops along balestier road, they have lots of samples in the shop, can show you the anti-stain properties.

whatever tiles... do think of HOW MANY YEARs do you intend to stay in that house.

10 yrs or more - then invest in marble or granite.

my parents have this beautiful marble floor. we don't maintain it very well, only been polished twice in the 20 years but it still looks good. best of all it's reallllllyyyyyyyyyy cooling on those hot days. no need AC, just sprawl out on the floor and go aaahhhh.

oic....but it will be very slippery if wax is done on the homo tiles right?

After waxing... is very slippery..

but swee mah.. owner impressed.. happy lor, ID job done..