Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Relacker

Bypass $ To The Quality Of Life We All Want?

you guz really make me chio ka benk with your comments .... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

... and also vy enlightened by all the views

actually hor, human are vy greedy animals leh.. tot @ 1st want $, den got $, want hse, den got hse, want wife, got wife, den want car... never ending story... :rofl: we are trap by our needs, jail by our own desires :jail:

maslow heirachy never say once you go up the hierachy, you dun come down, it can be a mixture at the same time, eg. you may want to be honored or respected by ppl of your status and at the same time want more $$, bigger hse, more sport cars etc... 8|

and does anyone really know and i mean truly understand and had ever been or now feeling contented? meaning, you think to yourself now, your life though is not perfect or complete, but with whatever you hv nw, you are contented already and dun want any more thing else... even $$ :good:

hard rite :good: got like long biak feeling rite... hw can be contented with the amt of $ onhand nw?

many ppl always think "i will be contented once i hv these things" but when they gotten the desired items, they will aim for more.

i like to take quiet moments to go to the park by myself, find a place to sit down and admire the greenaries there, appreciate the quietness, the green leaves, the flowers, the chipping of birds and insects, the smell of fresh air, read a book or draw, i will feel vy contented and happy and for the rest of the days, the feeling of buying things or aiming for other needs will kinda take a rest for that day. :)

I believe is that as long as X is able to make you happy, then that's happiness.

So if X is a car. You can either rent the car, buy car with weekend option, or just buy the car

So if X is home. You can buy HDB, landed or condo.

So if X is being with friends. You can meet friends at their home, restuarant or pub.

So the amt of $$ spend in individual instance will differ as it boils down to choices.

But do you know what makes you happy? If so, then why singaporean is such an unhappy lot of people working so much to achieve world class standard.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I believe is that as long as X is able to make you happy, then that's happiness.

So if X is a car. You can either rent the car, buy car with weekend option, or just buy the car

So if X is home. You can buy HDB, landed or condo.

So if X is being with friends. You can meet friends at their home, restuarant or pub.

So the amt of $$ spend in individual instance will differ as it boils down to choices.

But do you know what makes you happy? If so, then why singaporean is such an unhappy lot of people working so much to achieve world class standard.

You have Mr X, here comes the Mr Y

Y is able to make you not happy, then that's Un-happiness

So if X is a car.You can either rent the car, buy car with weekend option, or just buy the car so why can't I ?

So if X is home.You can buy HDB, landed or condo, so why can't I ?.

So if X is being with friends. You can meet friends at their home, restuarant or pub, so why can't I ?

Got this % vote from one of trhe website base on

what ppl hope to achieve.

It seems that money still ranks as the runner up.

A happy family 36%

Net worth: $1 billion 18%

Inner peace 13%

Financial security 7%

World Peace 4%

Being my own boss 3%

Early retirement 3%

Net worth: $1 million 3%

A best seller 2%

Immortality 2%

Respect 2%

Weight Loss 2%

A clean house 1%

A college education 1%

A corner office 1%

Fame 1%

I don't know 1%

A hit single 0%

Home ownership 0%

Net worth: Zero 0%

Nothing 0%

The Oval Office 0%

Got this % vote from one of trhe website base on

what ppl hope to achieve.

It seems that money still ranks as the runner up.

A happy family 36%

Net worth: $1 billion 18%

Inner peace 13%

Financial security 7%

World Peace 4%

Being my own boss 3%

Early retirement 3%

Net worth: $1 million 3%

A best seller 2%

Immortality 2%

Respect 2%

Weight Loss 2%

A clean house 1%

A college education 1%

A corner office 1%

Fame 1%

I don't know 1%

A hit single 0%

Home ownership 0%

Net worth: Zero 0%

Nothing 0%

The Oval Office 0%

Maybe one day we kong ka kiao, our soul rise to the heaven, maybe then we could have a real holistic view of our life. If given a chance to live again, Can we correct our perception and do it again next time.For example In my previous life I am a rich man without love, tThis time round let me be a valentino, great lover.

No way man.

So just be contented and in times of un-happiness, place a step backward and think broadly with positveness.

If possible seek for others opinions and look things from another angle icon12.gif

Either you enjoy life now and hope to die early, or work so you have $$ but no time to spend $$ and hopefully can get to enjoy $$ in your later life.

Anyone remember the show "indecent proposal" by Robert Redford & Demi Moore.

I am not talking about the steamy scene.

People will go at all extend to get money first so as to improve the quality of life.

People will go at all extend to get money first so as to improve the quality of life.

So quantity first follow by quality....No quantity, no quality. No $ No happiness, lifestye

WIth monies $$, we can forget about the safety factor of losing a job, maintaining your health in a tip top condition with the most advance medical. Of course less conflicts in social as finacial manage the life expenses and expection of the neighbourhood and family. with monies, you can buy a land be a lord of your dream island. That full filed my self-actualisation. Look at Bill , he is exercising it.

Bill is one good example of Robin Hood who set up the Bill & Melinda Funds charity org.

Remarkable guy indeed.

From ancient time, before $, ppl fight for land.

In animal kingdom, they fight for territory.

Soon ppl start getting wealthy, they built fort, great wall to protect them.

All living things do this, not that they are greedy, but they are protecting the most

important part of their quality life, that is "Family or love ones"

We want those that are dear to us to be protect and live comfortably.

As for the Cubians, not that they are more contented with life than those billionaires.

Its just that they are not expose to the quality things.

Sometimes, I also dread coming into renotalk, cos some forummer will mention good

stuff that I will never be able to buy. They more you know, they more you want.

Better don't know like the Cubians, can smile everyday :good:

Bill is one good example of Robin Hood who set up the Bill & Melinda Funds charity org.

Remarkable guy indeed.

From ancient time, before $, ppl fight for land.

In animal kingdom, they fight for territory.

Soon ppl start getting wealthy, they built fort, great wall to protect them.

All living things do this, not that they are greedy, but they are protecting the most

important part of their quality life, that is "Family or love ones"

We want those that are dear to us to be protect and live comfortably.

As for the Cubians, not that they are more contented with life than those billionaires.

Its just that they are not expose to the quality things.

Sometimes, I also dread coming into renotalk, cos some forummer will mention good

stuff that I will never be able to buy. They more you know, they more you want.

Better don't know like the Cubians, can smile everyday :)

:) to have icon12.gif + $ + :good:

the show taught me a very important lesson

everybody has a price

it might not be in terms of dollars and cents

but maybe a kidney for a loved one, or the lives of those you care about :)

guess my take on happiness is 求仁得仁

know what your heart really desires and go for it

there lies true happiness

life is always about exchanging what you have for what you don't have

you have time, but no money

so you go to work, exchanging your time and efforts for money

how much time to exchange for how much money is entirely up to the individual :good:

everybody has a price

how much time to exchange for how much money is entirely up to the individual :good:

May all 仁者/ 智者 have the wisdom and heart to gain anythings they wishes and pass whatever good credits to the poor if possible. Three :) s to the good people in the forum..

Edited by TPY

everybody has a price

Guess all your love one will surely be bless.

My heart desire for me to be young again, back to my childhood.

Guess I can never be there again

True.. we are always trading places,

got time, no money

got money, no time

got money, got time but no health liao.

Dunno whether can still climb to Nepal or the great wall of China

Congulate you meet the first 3 level and you are contented with it. Not going any further to persue for the autonomy and self - actualisation. Be content and be happy. 人知足, 心长满。

yes yes... 知足常乐.

hmm... pai say to say i have forgotten all my Maslow and Soc Psy theories but does it mean to say after experiencing level 4 and 5, one can then be able to see/feel contentment and be contented?

i like the millionaire fisherman in a boat story. he has already been there done that, so he is very contented to "downgrade" to level 3 and be 知足常乐! :dancingqueen:

yes yes... 知足常乐.

hmm... pai say to say i have forgotten all my Maslow and Soc Psy theories but does it mean to say after experiencing level 4 and 5, one can then be able to see/feel contentment and be contented?

i like the millionaire fisherman in a boat story. he has already been there done that, so he is very contented to "downgrade" to level 3 and be 知足常乐! :dribble:

not necessary. eg. i know of a company boss is highly respected by many peers, subordinate, his social circle and well known in his line, do social work, well respected by many who benefitted from his work, but he still want lots of $$$ even though he lives in bungalows (he bought a stretch of bunglows on the same lane (abt 6 of them i think), got many servants, got ah ahmad, sits in rolls royce... i always try to follow his trills whenever i see him, to see if he will acidentally drop gold on the floor for me to pick :thumbs up:

maybe he still hvn't attain enlightenment... not contented yet :dribble:8|

but i think many ppl dun mind having lots of $$$... me oso :P:notti::notti: