Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mamapea

Alternative To Lbox & Plc Lights

Hiya.

Need help. My hubby making a lot of noise that electrical to do up the PLC downlights very ex. For each light $45 for wiring & then $23 for each light so total for each pt is $68. Need 20 lights for living, dining & foyer. Then there's master room also. Very expensive leh. Hubby said can buy Strass Crystal Chandelier!

Anyone got any ideas to have a nice effect but without the Lbox and downlights.

Is cornice old fashioned? ID not happy when I told him that we may not want to do the Lbox. He said cornice not nice & will not give the light effect.

What to do? Advice please!! Reno starting Friday.....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

install Track lighting. Can decide later how many lights u want to add.

there are also lamp holder that can hold energy saving lamps.

1 Track is considered 1 lamp, but can have mutiple lightbulbs.

cornice is indeed beri beri old fashion liao...me had them all removed.

currently no Lbox no false ceiling no cornice - beri ugly meh?

to me a LOW ceiling is beri ugly. :wub:

to me a LOW ceiling is beri ugly. :wub:

No lah.... Not ugly.

Just wondering how to hide the wiring that needs to be moved around. We are moving the SCV point from one wall to another, then the light pt also. That's why ID said L box is the best way. He also said PLC lights give the house very nice effect like showflat like that....

No lah.... Not ugly.

Just wondering how to hide the wiring that needs to be moved around. We are moving the SCV point from one wall to another, then the light pt also. That's why ID said L box is the best way. He also said PLC lights give the house very nice effect like showflat like that....

nothing is perfect - if you want lbox,false ceiling that means your ceiling will look beri LOW.

No lah.... Not ugly.

I think wiring is a concern if no L-box or false ceiling. Any good way to beautify the wiring casing?

:wub:

:lol:

I think wiring is a concern if no L-box or false ceiling. Any good way to beautify the wiring casing?

:wub:

:lol:

usually your ID/Con will just paint the casing with the same colour as your wall unless you told them not to do so.

looks "invisible" to me though...but depends on individual lah.

to me a LOW ceiling is beri ugly. :notti:

I quite agree with Mace. There is nothing that matches the feeling of having high ceiling!

So despite a lot of effort from my Id I have resisted the idea of false ceiling --

round or L or whatever shape it may be.

IT still brings down the ceiling height. I have a ground floor flat with 9 feet high ceiling!

A luxury I am having for the 1st time is that of being able to have ceiling fans!!

That are somemo not stuck to the roof but can have at least a 1 foot rod.

I am planning on wall lights.

Mace you recommended a shop for lights.... what about for WCs.. I chkd out Rigel but

found it quite expensive. Saw one at Royal Fanco wich both me n hb liked.

Squarish at 200 with soft closing ....is that too expensive?

Pls advice.

I am planning on wall lights.

Mace you recommended a shop for lights.... what about for WCs.. I chkd out Rigel but

found it quite expensive. Saw one at Royal Fanco wich both me n hb liked.

Squarish at 200 with soft closing ....is that too expensive?

Pls advice.

lights me got them from thomsonlightings/kelantan road.

bathroom stuffs me got them from genova, hoekee....

but then me on the look out for warehouse sales a year before I got the keys.

square basin got it for only $30 :curse:

Hiya.

Need help. My hubby making a lot of noise that electrical to do up the PLC downlights very ex. For each light $45 for wiring & then $23 for each light so total for each pt is $68. Need 20 lights for living, dining & foyer. Then there's master room also. Very expensive leh. Hubby said can buy Strass Crystal Chandelier!

Anyone got any ideas to have a nice effect but without the Lbox and downlights.

Is cornice old fashioned? ID not happy when I told him that we may not want to do the Lbox. He said cornice not nice & will not give the light effect.

What to do? Advice please!! Reno starting Friday.....

Check out my blog on downlights lobang! About 40% cheaper. Hope it helps. Cheers.

Check out my blog on downlights lobang! About 40% cheaper. Hope it helps. Cheers.

Hi Brainstorm,

just now read your blog, saw alot of your reno pics...

find something interesting... your "built in door" which you use to cover the storeroom door.

I am looking for something to cover my House Hold Shelter door as well...

normally people in this forum use featured wall or painting or wallpaper to cover it.

but got pros and cons for each method...

yours is something new... want to know where to get the door...

of course must clarify first: is your storeroom also a House Hold Shelter with thick door?

if not, then cannot borrow your idea liao.... :good:

Hi Brainstorm,

just now read your blog, saw alot of your reno pics...

find something interesting... your "built in door" which you use to cover the storeroom door.

I am looking for something to cover my House Hold Shelter door as well...

normally people in this forum use featured wall or painting or wallpaper to cover it.

but got pros and cons for each method...

yours is something new... want to know where to get the door...

of course must clarify first: is your storeroom also a House Hold Shelter with thick door?

if not, then cannot borrow your idea liao.... :good:

Yes its still the original HDB steel shelter door. My ID just use solid wood strips to stick onto it and choose the correct color paint to go along. (i.e. the HDB shelter door is not drill, screw or nail. So no problem with HDB regulations) Can have many types of design too. The good thing is its much cheaper and also it does not take up a lot of space like feature wall. Cheers.

Yes its still the original HDB steel shelter door. My ID just use solid wood strips to stick onto it and choose the correct color paint to go along. (i.e. the HDB shelter door is not drill, screw or nail. So no problem with HDB regulations) Can have many types of design too. The good thing is its much cheaper and also it does not take up a lot of space like feature wall. Cheers.

wahhhhh........ Brainstorm, I thought I was crazy to post a message at that time, you are even ... to reply at even later time..... :yamseng:

Yes, the normal featured wall is a bit costly and I went to a future neighbour's house before, and saw their featured wall, it's about 5cm thick, really eat up our space since ours is 85 sqm only... I am looking for an alternative way to cover the HHS until yesterday saw yours

BTW, do you have a more close up shot of your door? If possible I want to have a more detailed idea how it is done. and see whether I can DIY :good: