Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
phoenix

Solid Kitchen Top

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I just read through some of the posts, so just a question here, i just got some samples from my contractor and it's Cresto, may i know how much does it cost? I want to know so that i can compare it with my price. And also how good are Cresto tabletops?

Edited by SYTan

I just read through some of the posts, so just a question here, i just got some samples from my contractor and it's Cresto, may i know how much does it cost? I want to know so that i can compare it with my price. And also how good are Cresto tabletops?

hmm.... which country of origin is it from?

Hi, anybody know how to calculate length for U shape Kitchen cabinet Solid Surface, say each

side is 10 ft length. My contractor charging me 30 ft. I guess it should be less may be

30ft - 2 * (width of the the work area). If anybody know can please help me, thanks.

kitchen.JPG

Pardon me if I'm wrong.

I think solid surface are mostly consist of acrylic and aluminium oxides and some polyster fillings. The higher percentage of acrylic the better it is. So regardless of the brand, just ask the percentage of the acrylic inside.

However, a 100% acrylic will deform (burn) at about 130 - 150 degrees. The more fillings the lower the heat tolerance.

:)

LG's solid surface uses very good materials.

Yes LG, the electronics brand... They do solid surfaces too.

Usually the cheaper ones uses polyster. LG uses acrylic. not the normal acrylic from the acrylic sheets of cos.

Dupont Corian and LG Hi Mac seems to be the same type, both 100% acrylic. I was quoted 120 for LG and 130 for Corian. For Cresto is not 100% acrylic, quoted 90.

U prob went to them straight for a quote.

If you want solid surface, PM me, I've a better price lower than $90 per foot run.

Cheers

Hi, anybody know how to calculate length for U shape Kitchen cabinet Solid Surface, say each

side is 10 ft length. My contractor charging me 30 ft. I guess it should be less may be

30ft - 2 * (width of the the work area). If anybody know can please help me, thanks.

kitchen.JPG

Your contractor is correct. it is 30ft total.

Each length is 10ft. there are 3 lenghts. so its 10ft x 3.

It is calculated by Per Foot Run.

What you are calculating is Per Square Feet.

The difference is that Per Square Feet calculates the area of the surface.

Per Foot Run calculates the length of the surface.

Solid surface is calculated and sold by the Foot Run.

Limited to 600mm width for every Foot Run. Anything more than 600mm would be another price

Dupont Corian and LG Hi Mac seems to be the same type, both 100% acrylic. I was quoted 120 for LG and 130 for Corian. For Cresto is not 100% acrylic, quoted 90.

i was quoted at 70-80 for Cresto :notti:

does anyone know what is ARCYLIC solid top?

in 1 of my quotations, this is stated as the kitchen's solid top. i asked the contractor if this is the Corian top, he said no.

so is arcylic top some cheapo top??

i m a newbie... abt ur q, in the mkt, not only corian is available but other brands like staron. Its fr Korea s well n come w/ a 10yrs warrent.... i knw fr my frdz whom had jux reno his hm uses this brand and he likes it!