Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
phoenix

Solid Kitchen Top

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all,

For LG Hi-Macs, to save cost pls go to the distributor, Luxx Newhouse Pte Ltd directly. They are located @Sungei Kadut. If u need to know more on the product, samples or even in-house demonstration, you can tried to ontact William or Ms Nor directly.

In fact, they have done all the in-house testing on all solid surface brands like corian, staron, cresto, etc. How do I know it? I was their ex-staff in A&P/marketing team.

Their Portfolio: TCS actress Kym Ng home, Brunei Embassy, The Pier, The Jade@Bt Batok.

Can try visit their website.

-------------------------------------

Hi poseido_gal,

of course u can placed the appliances directly on top the soilid surface.

Edited by Pomme

I install Corian top for my kitchen counter. Honestly dont know the difference bet Bellus and Corian.

Now barely 2 weeks into my new house, my Corian top got lots of scratches. Wondering if I make the right decision to have Corian. Might as well go for cheaper brand. SIGH.

What's the big deal with Corian anyway? No offense to anyone but I am just frust with the product and price. :)

hi guys... maybe u would like to call me if u need any help with corian top.... u call reach me at 82231787 david... from OSA system pte ltd Corian main distributor

I install Corian top for my kitchen counter. Honestly dont know the difference bet Bellus and Corian.

Now barely 2 weeks into my new house, my Corian top got lots of scratches. Wondering if I make the right decision to have Corian. Might as well go for cheaper brand. SIGH.

What's the big deal with Corian anyway? No offense to anyone but I am just frust with the product and price. :)

hi smallboy, Corian is actually the only material that is approved by the national sanitation foundation on direct food contact.... due to its non porous feature, any stains or scratches can be easily removed using detergent or scouring pad. any cracks or burn marks can be easily repaired as well

Corian is a scratch resistant material.. not scratch proof.... only corian will give u a 10 yr limit product warranty.....

hope i can let u have more understanding in Corian products

is it white or black? Heard scatches on these two colours very visible.

i agree with you... black, white and a few usually the plain colour are most likely to have scratches seen easily

i m a newbie... abt ur q, in the mkt, not only corian is available but other brands like staron. Its fr Korea s well n come w/ a 10yrs warrent.... i knw fr my frdz whom had jux reno his hm uses this brand and he likes it!

corian doesnt comes from korea

That's why I avoided white and black..... I chose grey. SIGH... still more scratches after 1 month now.

Aggrrr....... getting more upset as I see the scratches. I found the culprit.

The bottom of my plates and bowls got some 'unfinished' sharp edges......... I sand down these edges now.

That's why I avoided white and black..... I chose grey. SIGH... still more scratches after 1 month now.

Aggrrr....... getting more upset as I see the scratches. I found the culprit.

The bottom of my plates and bowls got some 'unfinished' sharp edges......... I sand down these edges now.

hi smallboy, if u feel uneasy with the scratches or the scratches are too obvious, u can actually request for ur contractor to polish for u...

hi all,

was given a Urban Works solid top...anyone used it before?

thanks!

hi spearhawk, urban works solid top is actually not 100% acrylic. it is a polyester material. which means it is porous and does not have high heat resistance and scratch resistance. if the material is porous, that means if u spill and wine on the top, it will be absorb into the material and thus creating a patch of wine stain on the top. usual place will be the sink area, as there are moist and especially the soap area. the material will have a patch of stain at the soap area.

maybe u would like to consider corian solid surface as it is a 100% acylic material and its non porous. feel free to give me a call for a non obligated appointment.

cheers

i agree with you... black, white and a few usually the plain colour are most likely to have scratches seen easily

how about galaxy black? will the scratches be obvious on galaxy black? anyone got any experiences?

thanks!

hi...i am offered "EMIINENCE" solid surface for my kitchen cabinet top by my contractor. anyone here has this brand. pls share your experience and opinion on this. thanks!