Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ms_white

Our Humble Deluxe Suite

little did we expect to be known as "home owners" this soon. we were expecting it to be next year. no, it's not a complain...we're very delighted to receive news to collect our keys! :dribble:

our estate @ night

dsc01662yn5.jpg

superb view...but i don't stay on 40th storey... :unsure:

day

dsc01318ry9.jpg

night

dsc01721mc1.jpg

Edited by ms_white

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

it was indeed quite a great deal to have a garden/park in your estate...the only difference between us and private property is the security guard :blink: . it's opened to all :huh: . well, let's hope vandalism and all that nonsense will not become a major issue... :fire::ph34r:

our mini sky garden which ain't privatise...so it's public-ise

dsc01312zt1.jpg dsc01314uk3.jpg

our multi-storey carpark mini walkabout

dsc01311it1.jpg dsc01313dw2.jpg

our layout looks pretty decent, but was a bit disappointed to see the actual size. u can't place this here nor there, it's a tight space. well, what more can we ask for when it's already in a very good location like Toa Payoh Central.

but what matters most is, who's gonna stay with you~:o:wub:

our floor plan @ 91sqm, 4rm

28728005vv9.jpg

my shay_d entering our deluxe suite...hahaha!!

pa280513xh9.jpg

living room

pa280515yl1.jpg

we're indeed very satisfied with the area of our kitchen. the only setback is, be it rain or shine, my kitchen is forever at 6pm. when it's really 6pm, it looks 7pm. mission impossible to dry any clothes! anyway, we don't have bamboo pole holders ...just some miserable metal clothe rack...how to dry like that?!

:(:angry::angry:

kitchen view from entrance

dsc01616ls2.jpg

kitchen view @ an angle

dsc01617dj1.jpg

kitchen view from inside

dsc01618vh5.jpg

our orange & blue bathrooms...i can't accept it although i believe many can. we'll be overlaying the tiles for both... i wanna have a bathroom which caters to my dreams... hahahaha!:~:bath:

MBR and Common Bathroom

dsc01613nj0.jpg pa280518dz2.jpg

Walkway to Bedrooms

pa280517ty4.jpg

Walkway from MBR to Living room

pa280524zl7.jpg

our fit-for-one-person-who-doesn't-have-too-much-things-to-keep rooms... :):jail::(

MBR

dsc01615qe2.jpg

dsc01614gh5.jpg

pa280522qw1.jpg

Bedroom 2

pa280520ji0.jpg

Bedroom 3

dsc01610ig9.jpg

time to spend some money... *heart attack* :~

TV feature wall

dsc01512lu2.jpg

Kitchen floor

dsc01553lf9.jpg

MBR bathroom wall & floor :wub::wub::wub:

dsc01495eh6.jpg

dsc01518um1.jpg

Common bathroom wall & floor

dsc01515lk4.jpg dsc01519hf8.jpg

31 October 2007 marks the official day renovation took place :yeah: ! ok...maybe we're "suah gu" but we thought they work very fast! :D

living room

tpy64yb3.jpg

tpy65ig4.jpg

tv feature wall (cement only)

tpy66js2.jpg

our Common Bathroom tiles are up :yeah: ! we simply love the "cushion" effect it emits. our ID (Eesy Lim from Substance) said it resembles MOS...really? :blink::huh::blink:

before white cement was used to mend the gaps

tpy71ud5.jpg

white cement and floor tile done

tpy76ab0.jpg

effects on close-up

tpy78oi5.jpg

when the wall was half-tiled, we didn't quite fancy it :P . our ID got pretty worried as he recommended this tile to us. however, after the entire wall is done up...everyone heaved a sigh of relief! :(

our TV feature wall has a 3-Dimensional texture and effect, with its gloss and matt look.

the entire TV feature wall

tpy95mg2.jpg

close-up on the tiles

tpy97co7.jpg

white area will be mounted with mirror, a feature wall for our dining area

tpy93ev4.jpg

As many of you would understand our purpose of doing so...the current HDB new flats are simply too small. For us, we're used to staying in an old 4rm flat and the size is equivalent to the current 5rm unit. Although we wanted to create a walkway between MBR and BR 2, shay_d feels that retaining all 3 rooms is most ideal.

Yes, we struggled as the MBR is quite tiny. To squeeze in a Queen-sized bed, a 6ft wardrobe and a small tv console is a squeeze indeed! Fabricating a build-in wardrobe in BR 2 is definitely a good idea, but it ain't brilliant if we need an extra room for guests/parents or even when we have kids. :dribble:

Ultimately, we concluded with hacking the wall of BR 3 but we'll install a full height glass panel. Hopefully it'll elongate the look of our living room and as time progresses, if we need to convert our study room into a bedroom, there's always wallpaper/curtains/blinds available. :)

Yes, it wasn't easy...in fact, it was pretty painful for us to scrap the idea of having a spacious MBR. But, we're now very happy that we made this decision! :unsure::dunno::bleah:

Before I forget, hacking of wall requires PE @ $500. I dunno what he does or has to do that requires such a hefty fee. Nevertheless, it's done... after almost 2 weeks of waiting + chasing. Otherwise, I believe it'll take even longer than 2 weeks! :wacko:

down comes the wall...

dsc00213gs8.jpg dsc00215ql9.jpg

...gone are the rubbles

tpy104su0.jpg tpy107fg6.jpg

once again, the speed of the progress wows me :lol:

tpy108bc4.jpg

worker laying the balance of our floor tiles (that area was left unlayed until the wall was hacked)

tpy114pr4.jpg

floor tile done...so does the cement screeding for our walkway :good:

tpy115hs8.jpg

welcome to renotalk

i'm sure your home will turn out to be the way you want it to be

nice tiles :)

hi applefreak~ thanks! we're falling for our tiles too..hehe!

certainly hope everything will turn out good without bursting our budget... :dunno:

Yes, it wasn't easy...in fact, it was pretty painful for us to scrap the idea of having a spacious MBR. But, we're now very happy that we made this decision! :):dunno::(

ms white, over time I think you will truly appreciate what a realistic and practical this decision is. I have seen too many home owners sacrifcing one bedroom to build their dream walk-in wardrobes, and then when their children came along, they practically had not enough space, and had to spend more money to carve out another bedroom. And in so doing, become so resentful because they'd actually already gotten used to a big MBR, and was so upset having to give it up.

Your decision shows your wisdom and that's remarkable.

Can't wait to read more updates to your blog and see more photos.

ms white, over time I think you will truly appreciate what a realistic and practical this decision is. I have seen too many home owners sacrifcing one bedroom to build their dream walk-in wardrobes, and then when their children came along, they practically had not enough space, and had to spend more money to carve out another bedroom. And in so doing, become so resentful because they'd actually already gotten used to a big MBR, and was so upset having to give it up.

Your decision shows your wisdom and that's remarkable.

Can't wait to read more updates to your blog and see more photos.

wow..thanks Chunky Monkey :( ! in fact, the "wisdom" goes to shay_d. he's the more realistic one compared to me...i would say most men are. good & bad. :good:

what u've mentioned is a direct replica of his thoughts! and u've just made us feel so much better as well! :):dunno:

we too can't wait to provide more updates~ stay tuned hor! :(

Our afternoon purchase @ Lighting Centre. It'll be installed in our MBR bathroom.

Can't wait to hang it up and admire the reflection it'll have on our Opera Eve tiles... :(

Forgot to take some pictures when the light was turned on...stupid me... :wub:

Will show when it's installed. :wub:

dsc01818js4.jpg dsc01819tj0.jpg

Another purchase we did today but not physically, is our electric storage heater by Joven.

Many thanks to Alister & preggie wife for making the purchase for us :dunno: , and also Alister's ID who'll be making the delivery of the heater to our house...eventhough we didn't engage him. :(:good::)

Not to mention that a real WIW would be much bigger than the rooms we have in a HDB flat.

how super sad and how super true :) ...we're to live in an enclosed area...but let's make the most of what's available and not live with what's beyond...otherwise we'll feel miserable. :bow:

Edited by ms_white

Actually, a HDB officer told my hubby before that no hacking in HDB will ever require PE endorsement. All hacking request submitted to HDB is either can or cannot. They will nvr ask you to hire a PE. I was quite shock as ID always tell us, might need PE approval, I suspect it might be another way to earn more money for them.

Actually, a HDB officer told my hubby before that no hacking in HDB will ever require PE endorsement. All hacking request submitted to HDB is either can or cannot. They will nvr ask you to hire a PE. I was quite shock as ID always tell us, might need PE approval, I suspect it might be another way to earn more money for them.

hi renoGirl, we also thought hacking of wall is only an approval of yes & no :dunno: . apparently, it doesn't seems to be the case for a few units of our estate. during the demolition of my wall, 4 personnel from HDB actually came down to assess the structure and even took photos :o . not sure if it's due to it's a 40 storey building and i'm staying on the 3rd...

did u hack your wall as well? how do we check with HDB if the PE was really necessary?

Ms white, how much did u pay hdb for demolition (hacking) wall permit? is it expensive? anyone noes how much this cost??

hi audreymarilyn, apart from the $500 we paid to PE.. the hacking of wall is FOC by our ID. the $500 doesn't go to HDB, they only give u the green or red light.

it doesn't take more than 2hr to get 1 wall down. you should negotiate with your ID if he charges you. hope this clarifies. :)

These are the laminates which we've confirmed with ID today.

No.1 dsc01848wx9.jpg No.2 dsc01851qj9.jpg

No.3 dsc01852lu2.jpg No.4 dsc01844va6.jpg

No.5 dsc01846cl6.jpg

MBR Bed: 1

MBR Wardrobe: 1 & 2

MBR Vanity Cabinet: 2

Household Shelter Feature Wall: 3

Kitchen Cabinet: 4 (Center)

TV Console: 5

Ms white, how much did u pay hdb for demolition (hacking) wall permit? is it expensive? anyone noes how much this cost??

The permit is free.

hi renoGirl, we also thought hacking of wall is only an approval of yes & no :D . apparently, it doesn't seems to be the case for a few units of our estate. during the demolition of my wall, 4 personnel from HDB actually came down to assess the structure and even took photos :jawdrop: . not sure if it's due to it's a 40 storey building and i'm staying on the 3rd...

did u hack your wall as well? how do we check with HDB if the PE was really necessary?

hi audreymarilyn, apart from the $500 we paid to PE.. the hacking of wall is FOC by our ID. the $500 doesn't go to HDB, they only give u the green or red light.

it doesn't take more than 2hr to get 1 wall down. you should negotiate with your ID if he charges you. hope this clarifies. :dunno:

yes. I did hack my wall. Infact, i hack away my whole study room, another wall inbetween one bedroom to the masterbedroom, hack a new entrance for my master bathroom and hack the door opening of the masterbedroom to the other side. I didnt pay a single cent to hire a PE. And yes, the HDB officer incharge of my house did say, in HDB hacking, so far, they had nvr ask for any PE endorsement. Maybe you wanna check with your officer. Anyway if you are comfortable with ur ID, if really dun need a PE, maybe also dun confront him so as not to spoil the relationship is the amount wasnt big (since he claims the hacking of wall is free, which I believe he already charge it to the 500). Or perhaps, maybe yours is those new super high flats might need? Not sure. Do check it out with ur HDB officer. !!

Edited by renoGirl

The permit is free.

yes. I did hack my wall. Infact, i hack away my whole study room, another wall inbetween one bedroom to the masterbedroom, hack a new entrance for my master bathroom and hack the door opening of the masterbedroom to the other side. I didnt pay a single cent to hire a PE. And yes, the HDB officer incharge of my house did say, in HDB hacking, so far, they had nvr ask for any PE endorsement. Maybe you wanna check with your officer. Anyway if you are comfortable with ur ID, if really dun need a PE, maybe also dun confront him so as not to spoil the relationship is the amount wasnt big (since he claims the hacking of wall is free, which I believe he already charge it to the 500). Or perhaps, maybe yours is those new super high flats might need? Not sure. Do check it out with ur HDB officer. :wub:

wow..that's a lot of hacking u did! Just went through the "Renovation Guide for your HDB Flat" given when we collected our keys..

Quote "Flat owners need to engage a Professional Engineer (PE) for Civil or Structural works to inspect and supervise the demolition works so as to ensure that none of the load bearing reinforced concrete (RC) structural elements (eg columns, beams, slabs and walls) are tampered or damaged in the course of the demolition process. The PE is also required to ensure proper repair of the affected RC structural elements resulting from the effect of demolition."

new rule...cannot run... :sport-smiley-004:

wow..that's a lot of hacking u did! Just went through the "Renovation Guide for your HDB Flat" given when we collected our keys..

Quote "Flat owners need to engage a Professional Engineer (PE) for Civil or Structural works to inspect and supervise the demolition works so as to ensure that none of the load bearing reinforced concrete (RC) structural elements (eg columns, beams, slabs and walls) are tampered or damaged in the course of the demolition process. The PE is also required to ensure proper repair of the affected RC structural elements resulting from the effect of demolition."

new rule...cannot run... :sport-smiley-004:

A nice place to live in. Welcome to TPY 79.