Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
elaine1205

Building Our Love Nest In Progress...

Hi! We got the same PLC lights too. Ours not blue shade though.. Dont you just love the 'glow' at the sides??? Hehe.. that was what attracted us to the downlights..

:sport-smiley-018:

The blue shade can be peel off .What attracted us is the easy maintenace of it, the size of it and also a the white surface edges of it. How much you paid for each?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

speaking of this makes us mad. we were quoted 48 bucks from another shop..

we bought some other lights from them and ultimately they gave us a 'discount'. The figure works out to be same as yours.. which I think is still ex, compared to people getting lights for 20 ~ 30 bucks. But this is the only shop we been that sells this.. sigh..what to do.. be a carrot ler...

speaking of this makes us mad. we were quoted 48 bucks from another shop..

we bought some other lights from them and ultimately they gave us a 'discount'. The figure works out to be same as yours.. which I think is still ex, compared to people getting lights for 20 ~ 30 bucks. But this is the only shop we been that sells this.. sigh..what to do.. be a carrot ler...

what shop is that,sorry for asking.But dun worry ,as you did not overpaid for it . The shop that we purchased from told us that this is the lastest PLC lighting from taiwan. Then she went on to explain alot of functions and advantage of it which we told is quite easy to maintain. Therefore we decided on this instead of the screw type (meaning have to unscrew the 4 screws which the screws are not spring type) as we felt it is quite troublesome when you are changing the bulb

Edited by elaine1205

Hi Grumpybear, welcome. Which floor u staying?

Hi Elaine, check with you, what's the measurement of the laminate like homogeneous tiles that you got? We might be using that for the living room. The one that hb and I like is abit..whitish, 30cm by 60cm. Any idea if the worksmanship costs would differ for laying 30cm by 60cm and 60cm by 60cm?

the dimension for the bed room tiles are 600 x 600mm. i think 300 x 600mm look nicer..

i think there will be more cost incurred . the smaller the tiles, more joints and the need to lay them proper and neatly. check with ur ID ba..

Hi Grumpybear, welcome. Which floor u staying?

Hi Elaine, check with you, what's the measurement of the laminate like homogeneous tiles that you got? We might be using that for the living room. The one that hb and I like is abit..whitish, 30cm by 60cm. Any idea if the worksmanship costs would differ for laying 30cm by 60cm and 60cm by 60cm?

Shopping Again

tdy went shopping *SPREE* again. here goes our purchase :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

Sink from China

kitchensink.jpg

Mirror for Common Toilet

mirroratcommontoilet.jpg

kitchen Tap

kitchentap.jpg

Glass shelf for Master Bedroom Toilet

glassshelfformasterbedroomtoilet.jpg

Tap for Masterbedroom Toilet

masterbedroomtoilettap.jpg

Shopping Spree Continue...

Remember i mentioned that we missed out one light. so we brought 1 and replace the original hanging light as follow.. now we can see the theme of ours is .... cozy theme, i can say? :P

HB intend to put this in masterbedroom

hanginglightatmbr.jpg

this will be in Foyer of course.. so the previous White colour hanging light will be replaced by this!

lightatfoyer.jpg

by the way, anyone brought 56 inch ceiling Fan? i hope not to change the fan.. what size of the ceiling fan u all brought?

Edited by elaine1205

by the way, anyone brought 56 inch ceiling Fan? i hope not to change the fan.. what size of the ceiling fan u all brought?

hi not sure if the ceiling height is about the same for most new flat

i've got a 60" ceiling fan for my living room

i'd say it's a good investment coz we are all enjoying the fan :yamseng::unsure:

hi not sure if the ceiling height is about the same for most new flat

i've got a 60" ceiling fan for my living room

i'd say it's a good investment coz we are all enjoying the fan :yamseng::unsure:

The other day my hubby measured the ceiling ht in our JM flat. It's 2.6m tall. But we didn't do any false ceilings.

mine is 262cm high, and no false ceiling as well

but thing to note is the proximity of the fan to the lights

if the blade gets in the way of the lights (range), there will be flickering shawdows

which is both irritating and bad for eyes

if the room is not long enough, better to get fans with light kit ;)

29-12-2007

Tday was another busy day at our new house.We were surprised to see so many workers there today .Tilers,patcher of L-box, Glass door guys and my carpenter. My tilers had finally completed their works which means covering up the flooring with paperboards. These are the photos

p1010314yj8.jpg

Steps purposely created to prevent wafer from splashing out. Good job

p1010297gl9.jpg

Job Done!

p1010304ur0.jpg

skirting view from one side of the living room

Edited by elaine1205