Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ckoonyin

When Should We Buy Eletrical Applicances?

Hi peeps, I have yet to get my keys but am shopping around doing my homework for the electrical appliances like LCD TV, Fridge and Front Load Washing Machine. The year end promo is tempting me to buy leh...........haha but problem is i dunno should i wait for CNY sales as prices might be lower. :( I mean since when electrical products price inceases as technology get's better? :jawdrop: What do u all think? Buy now? or wait for CNY promo? :curse:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

just wait. it pays to wait. Price decrease or will remain, will seldom increase. If a certain model increase, don't buy that model, choose another one.

wait for IT fair in march if u r not in a rush.. those LCD TV are often 100-300 lesser than retail and comes with many freebies.

just wait. it pays to wait. Price decrease or will remain, will seldom increase. If a certain model increase, don't buy that model, choose another one.

wait for IT fair in march if u r not in a rush.. those LCD TV are often 100-300 lesser than retail and comes with many freebies.

Hi Tension, thanks for the quick reply...........IT fair in march? u are refering to SITEX or COMMEX isit? Cause i found a store whom prices are pretty competive said if i put a deposit of $200, i will lock down the price. If in the future, the prices goes down, den the price will be adjusted downwards also. I.E. the price i pay will not be increasing instead will only decrease.

What are your comments? :)

Edited by ckoonyin

is the store a neighbourhood shop? *not bias towards any shop.

imo, I will never want to commit a deposit for electronic product when I don't want to buy so soon.

when store owners want a deposit, it is always on a very nice talking term, like everything also can. Those lock down price etc,

but once deposit is taken, yes maybe the price is cheaper,do check out for actual accessories that comes with the things u buy, do a research 1st.

Don't be conned by paying extra for the accessories when it actually come free.Let the shop owner be aware that you know the product inside out.

but if the owner insist that the accessories dont come in a package, what can you do? U already paid a deposit, this I am sure NON-Refundable.

just think of it, u pay deposit to lock down the price,

without deposit, say 2 months -3 months later, you want to buy,

as awalk in customer, you will also get the lower price, isnt it?

not as if it is going to be more expensive.

is the shop able to match other shops' prices if they are lower?

all these must write in a receipt.

but...pay deposit already, the worry is there.

free urself from that.

Pardon my loso-ness.

Why so kan cheong? it will take a while before your house is ready to move in. Prices will drop when new models release. You can do some research on what you like to buy but try not to buy too early..

You can start buying after your reno is completed. By then, the buying process will be fast since you already know what to buy.

Thanks

thanks peeps for your kind advise...........cause was thinking the vouchers quite good that's y lor...........but hor.the vouchers are from the TV and with the coming IT show.......hmm.......i think waiting is better

btw the show is M*ga @ Kat**g Mall?

What do u think of the place?

Edited by ckoonyin

imho, it'll be almost a year before you'll need those electrical items

you've not gotten your keys, and i assume yours is a new unit so there'll be defects to be rectified

i'm sure by the time your renovation is finishing, the price of the appliances will DEFINITELY by lower

most likely, those models will be obsolete by then :)

wah then you got to cross you fingers and toes that there is no defect at all

even then, two month might be a little rush for a full scale renovation wor :(;)