Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Housewarming Invite

my initial idea is hack away partial tiles at sink area only.. then backing part just cover with SS backing.. till now then we know.. quite a no. of areas.. the tiles are cracked.. i now reading around.. doing wall tiles is indeed not cheap.

i rem aunty kat also didnt do wall tiles right? she use paint instead.. hmm.. but if use paint.. then need plastering liao.. which is another cost there.. :bangwall:

i feel machiam like renovating my own house.. :bangwall:

wah wall tiles also need to change ar....judging from the size of the kitchen, not cheap leh....

floor tiles i think smelly smelly 2K liao....wall tiles is going to be more ex....

if u hack partial tiles, the surrounding tiles sure will be affected......not advisable to hack partial.....i suggest hack everything if wana re-do floor tiling..

like me lor....i did spray paint for my floor and wall tiles....so far so good....

cost half of hacking and relaying....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wah wall tiles also need to change ar....judging from the size of the kitchen, not cheap leh....

floor tiles i think smelly smelly 2K liao....wall tiles is going to be more ex....

if u hack partial tiles, the surrounding tiles sure will be affected......not advisable to hack partial.....i suggest hack everything if wana re-do floor tiling..

like me lor....i did spray paint for my floor and wall tiles....so far so good....

cost half of hacking and relaying....

bo bian you see.. more than 10 yrs liao.. bound to be faulty..

now i really thinking hard.. other than the cabinet area ah.. the opposite wall got nothing lor.. but filled with wall tiles.. i think wasted though.. probably can hack that area... then plaster and repaint it..

bo bian you see.. more than 10 yrs liao.. bound to be faulty..

now i really thinking hard.. other than the cabinet area ah.. the opposite wall got nothing lor.. but filled with wall tiles.. i think wasted though.. probably can hack that area... then plaster and repaint it..

then change the floor tiles can liao...i see no purpose in changing the wall tiles leh...unless currently got serious cracks.....

ya if opposite walls got nothing then probably can just plaster then repaint.....save cost.....then again, disadvantage is over time the wall might turn yellowish.....for tiles, stains are easier to clean.....for painted walls....not so....u might want to take this into consideration...

then change the floor tiles can liao...i see no purpose in changing the wall tiles leh...unless currently got serious cracks.....

ya if opposite walls got nothing then probably can just plaster then repaint.....save cost.....then again, disadvantage is over time the wall might turn yellowish.....for tiles, stains are easier to clean.....for painted walls....not so....u might want to take this into consideration...

opps some misunderstanding.. :P no issue on floor tiles lah.. haha.. mainly wall tiles..

can use easy wash paint.. else.. can always repaint right??

opps some misunderstanding.. :P no issue on floor tiles lah.. haha.. mainly wall tiles..

can use easy wash paint.. else.. can always repaint right??

oh ok....all along we've been talking abt diff things :bangwall: :bangwall:

then no need change lar...then repaint is on wall tiles or just plastering?

oh ok....all along we've been talking abt diff things :bangwall: :bangwall:

then no need change lar...then repaint is on wall tiles or just plastering?

my idea is remove wall tiles, plaster and paint.. i just called my mum and told her.. she said she prefer wall tiles.. :bangwall: and say tml contractor will come down and arga give qoutation.

my idea is remove wall tiles, plaster and paint.. i just called my mum and told her.. she said she prefer wall tiles.. :bangwall: and say tml contractor will come down and arga give qoutation.

hmm.....i agree with your mum leh.....i would also prefer to have wall tiles.....any stains or what easier to clean.......easier to clean dirt than painted walls...

hmm.....i agree with your mum leh.....i would also prefer to have wall tiles.....any stains or what easier to clean.......easier to clean dirt than painted walls...

haha.. i just trying to find some cost cutting schemes.. haha..

haha.. i just trying to find some cost cutting schemes.. haha..

cost issue apart, u got to think of long term consequences also....short term might be able to save u the money....but long term if anything wrong, u waste double the money + double the effort.......not worth it leh....some things can't be saved.....unless u planning to move in the next few years otherwise, the kitchen is going to be stuck with u for a very long time to come....

cost issue apart, u got to think of long term consequences also....short term might be able to save u the money....but long term if anything wrong, u waste double the money + double the effort.......not worth it leh....some things can't be saved.....unless u planning to move in the next few years otherwise, the kitchen is going to be stuck with u for a very long time to come....

haha.. i also prefer tiles more.. somemore now tiles designs are pretty.. :P

haha.. i also prefer tiles more.. somemore now tiles designs are pretty.. :P

morning! ya i agree....a mth ago, just went to my hubby's friend's housewarning....the toilet tiles are very nice.....now got alot of pattern and designs.....not like last time so obiang one....

morning! ya i agree....a mth ago, just went to my hubby's friend's housewarning....the toilet tiles are very nice.....now got alot of pattern and designs.....not like last time so obiang one....

ya lor.. now can mix and match multiple tile design..

ya lor.. now can mix and match multiple tile design..

R those tiles expensive? how much per sq ft?