Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wiredchaos

Are These Quotes The Norm Or Abit Overboard?

Hi all Bros and sistas,

In the midst of choosing ID.Hope all bros and sistas can help me out if possible.

Received a quote and there is a few items i dunno if this is ok or the norm or its ex.

Please kindly advise. :curse:

Masonry Works

- Touch up defected wall areas after hacking works $540

- Supply labour to uplift sand, cement & materials to unit ( Haulage Loading ) $550

- Supply & lay full height ceramic wall tiles @ parial kitchen area 323sqft $2099

- Supply & lay homogeneous floor tiles @ partial kitchen area c/w waterproofing 180sqft $1150

- Supply & lay full height ceramic wall tiles @ combined bathroom area 221sqft $1436

Aluminium Works

- Supply & install powder coated casement windows @ balcony area c/w coloured glass 72sqft $1191

- Supply & install powder coated sliding windows @ living, dining & 03 bedrooms area c/w colored glass 32sqft $435

- Supply & install powder coated window grilles for whole unit except both bathrooms 104sqft $724

- Supply & install aluminium frame sliding door @ bathroom entrance c/w acrylic panel 3 set $1140

Carpentry (kitchen)

- Design & fabricate top & bottom kitchen cabinet in laminate finish c/w 04 sides ABS trimming 30.5ft $3355

swing doors, chioces of drawers, cuttlery tray, 02 pcs of glass panels & designer handles

( Length included tall cabinet 2ft L )

- Supply & install solid surface worktop for kitchen cabinet 14.5ft $1160

Misc

- To sand down & revanish existing parquet flooring @ 02 bedrooms area $480

- Supply & lay protection sheet $100

- Clean up whole unit with chemical $200

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Wirechaos,

I would like to check with you, did you hired an ID firm or a contractot to do your house for you?

I have checked with the rest of my ID friends, the thing is, the lesser you do, they will tend to mark up the price. It's the standard rate for all ID firms to practice this. You should have sourced around for more quotation before you settle down on the final ones.

yup yup... to make things easier, you may wan to list down the things you wanna do (as specific as possible) and send them with your floorplan. so that you can compare apple to apple. bargaining is a long process too.... skin must be thick thick...

Hi Wirechaos,

I would like to check with you, did you hired an ID firm or a contractot to do your house for you?

I have checked with the rest of my ID friends, the thing is, the lesser you do, they will tend to mark up the price. It's the standard rate for all ID firms to practice this. You should have sourced around for more quotation before you settle down on the final ones.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the infor. Im actually engaging a ID. The quotes tat i listed is oni part of the quotation tat i tot is "funny" so tot of asking are these items overpriced or not 8|

I have source for at least 3 more IDs so as to compare. Like the chinese saying "Huo Pi San Jia"(compare goods fr 3 different shops). :lol:

yup yup... to make things easier, you may wan to list down the things you wanna do (as specific as possible) and send them with your floorplan. so that you can compare apple to apple. bargaining is a long process too.... skin must be thick thick...

haahha thanks Xiao Xinn... im a "cow" so therefore my skin gotta be thick then.

Bargaining is a long process and not to mention Tiring process but bor pian ..... $$$ hard to earn, so must get the best deal. 8|

Din count everything u had there but ur kitchen works seems ex, especially the cabinet. 30ft run??? Ttz long....

For your 14ft solid top at $1160, i'm getting black granite at 13ft for $1200.

As long as you get more quotes, you'll be safe.

Hi Phantom,

If u can remember i got Mr "R" contacts fr u and ive already sent him my flr plan and my "wants" liao..now waiting for him to get bk. Hope my neck wont turn into a giraffee as i have encountered fr 2 ID firms. 8|

Your last 2 items should be foc right?

haahha thanks Xiao Xinn... im a "cow" so therefore my skin gotta be thick then.

Bargaining is a long process and not to mention Tiring process but bor pian ..... $$$ hard to earn, so must get the best deal. 8|

Hi Phantom,

If u can remember i got Mr "R" contacts fr u and ive already sent him my flr plan and my "wants" liao..now waiting for him to get bk. Hope my neck wont turn into a giraffee as i have encountered fr 2 ID firms. 8|

lol.. good good. always negotiate. and don't base on cost. always look at the works.. if the standard is ok for you anot..

Din count everything u had there but ur kitchen works seems ex, especially the cabinet. 30ft run??? Ttz long....

For your 14ft solid top at $1160, i'm getting black granite at 13ft for $1200.

hmmm... i oso felt tat my kitchen work is ex... but this is oni the 2nd revised quote, still haven cut here there, so hope after everything the sum is "acceptable"

Your last 2 items should be foc right?

I oso tot tat the last 2 items shld be FOC...any other bros or sistas had tat 2 items thrown in free ?

I forgot to ad in tat im actaully doing reno for a 3 roomer.

lol.. good good. always negotiate. and don't base on cost. always look at the works.. if the standard is ok for you anot..

yah although looking for good deals i must oso remind myself sometimes "U pay peanuts U get monkeys" so tats why reno is a tiring process but if u do it right it will be very rewarding at the end.

Masonry Works

- Supply labour to uplift sand, cement & materials to unit ( Haulage Loading ) $550

R this 2 items market price or overpriced ?

yah although looking for good deals i must oso remind myself sometimes "U pay peanuts U get monkeys" so tats why reno is a tiring process but if u do it right it will be very rewarding at the end.

Masonry Works

R this 2 items market price or overpriced ?

i guess that the touch up cost is really extra.. some ids/contractors prolly inbuilt it into the other prices..

for haulage loading i think thats pretty ok..

its been a long while since my reno.. lol..

i guess that the touch up cost is really extra.. some ids/contractors prolly inbuilt it into the other prices..

for haulage loading i think thats pretty ok..

its been a long while since my reno.. lol..

i know the touch up is pretty ok..but the haulage loading i think abit overpriced leh..a few workers carrying it up cant cost tat much kuah... correct me if im wrong. :sport-smiley-004:

i know the touch up is pretty ok..but the haulage loading i think abit overpriced leh..a few workers carrying it up cant cost tat much kuah... correct me if im wrong. :dunno:

Well I'm really not sure. but alot of prices for raw materials have increased tremendously over the last year. It wouldn't br wrong for IDs/contractors to mark up more today.

Compare and get more quotes and tell yourself what is reasonable. if not ask ppl in the forum what is reasonable in today's market.

Remember if they charge an item cheap somewhere.. another item will also be more expensive.

Cheers!

Well I'm really not sure. but alot of prices for raw materials have increased tremendously over the last year. It wouldn't br wrong for IDs/contractors to mark up more today.

Compare and get more quotes and tell yourself what is reasonable. if not ask ppl in the forum what is reasonable in today's market.

Remember if they charge an item cheap somewhere.. another item will also be more expensive.

Cheers!

$550 abit ex. only moving of materials, doesn't include material cost. my side's sand+haulage is 1k for 4room.