Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I signed 2 packages because I wanted to hack the bathrooms and kitchen tiles. It is cheaper this way than to ask the ID to quote it in as separate items. Furthermore we got a system 3 aircon thrown into the package.

Yes there were many repeated items. So we highlighted these and got him to either give discount or to change for other things of similar values. So in the end it was quite worth it to take 2 packages.

hi hi !

I am interested to get hack my 2 toilets as well for my premium flat..

can you email me your quotation? japlosh@gmail.com

for the air con , did you get inverter or non-inverter?? if non-inverter, can we top up to get inverter??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, i remember reading previously that someone went to paste a 3M hook and after removing it, the paint came off as well.

cant find the post though. but i'm facing similar issue.

like to check with u guys are all ur paints easily peel off or something??

how to solve this as i think it shouldn't be this way?

Also, if i try to wipe my wall, it is bound to become a stain / patchy. :(

btw, mine is a new flat.

Edited by star77

Finally after weeks (only 2 weeks lah) of discussion with Max, tomorrow starting work liao. But due to my area having electrical maintence by HDB Main-Con, my work got to delay 2 days...

Also saw my 1st 3D liao but dun like that color scheme so Max said he will change the whole proposed design ,so paiseh... anyway Max's good cos till now we change so many things but he never complaint... :)

Hi TCCL

If you interested to engage him, why not visit his current project ?

My decision was made only when I saw his works. so far so good , waiting for 2nd drawing.

test

It takes 3 weeks for them to send me the quote. And when i called them, the Id said he is not free to meet me and does not even ofter to fix an appointment when he's free.... it seems to me he is either a very busy man or he is not interested for my low budget renovation....

We were rejected straight away too few mths back without any other fixing of dates.. there are many more excellent IDs around.. and we found ours.

Hi all, we have finally completed the renovation. We have not officially handover yet though. Here, I would like to do a simple rating for each segment of the renovation and of course our ID, Steven, from Ideal House.

1) Let's all begin with laying of tiles.

We have no complaints about it. Be it on the floor or on the wall. The workmanship is very good.

After carpentry was up, Steven spotted a chipped on one tile. The man came back just to fix that particular tile. Despite it's just one tile, with a small chip, it takes alot of sweat out of the man. Yet, he is still very friendly and patient.

Laminates were pretty well laid too, despite there are some gaps over the days, which I think it is common. It should be more obvious as our laminate is in snow white, thus i thought the few gaps are pretty minimal. The laminate man had come up to fix it as well.

2) Painting.

Our unit has a problem and that is all walls and ceilings are uneven and slanted. Depending on who is coming up paint the house that day. They are so far quite good and very easy to talk to. Very willing to act upon request. There is this dark grey in our living room. Once, I wiped it with damp cloth and leave 2 marks behind. To remove them, they have to repaint the whole wall again else to repaint the area would cause 2 tones. And it was twice they repainted the walls. However, the first time was not caused by me. :bleah: Oh, we changed color twice, once in the room, once in the hall.

3) Carpentry

I think it is really a wrong move to use white laminate as the joining will make the whole thing look incomplete. The carpenter needed to touch up the gaps with white paint and we have a number of white carpentry at home. We were pretty satisfied with the workmanship at the end of the day. With my dad who used to be carpenter, too, thinks it is pretty well done. The carpenters are all very nice people to work with as well. Sweat like **** and still friendly, given the numerous time they have to come back to the house, redo the console, redo the cabinets. Haa... :good:

4) Wallpaper Man

It comes to a point that I told my ID to change a wallpaper man.

He ever mentioned that it is a tough task at where we want to have the wallpapers.

However, we do not find it a good excuse.

This is because, we seen torn wall paper.

He could have replaced it with a new piece instead of just leaving it alone.

We could also see crooked edges on a straight panel.

He kept telling us, "I scared liao", "Don't ask me to come back liao" bla bla bla...

Ok, perhaps his workmanship is not so good, perhaps it's really tough that require more than just a person to do it, but his attitude really let me down.

5) Our ID, Steven Tay

Steven, after all is a very nice guy.

Sometimes, I wonder what is his threshold for all the unrealistic expectation of some customers.

He is initiative and honest. Whenever he sees problem, he will inform us and try to solve it. Or when we told him about some problem or things we would like to change, he will see into it.

He drew up the kitchen for me. So basically, the kitchen design is done by him.

Also, our MBR. Partly, it was suggested by him. =)

And these, in the house, are becoming my favorite. =)

Many times, we made request which overwhelmed him. He tends to say can do but very difficult. I always urged him to take up the challenge for a better portfolio.. That becomes Bf sometimes, have to work hand in hand with him to make it work. On my part, I am not so technically inclined to explain exactly how it works. But, some failed, some were simplified, some were successful.

To me, he could try more new or different things from what he has been doing all the time.

To my bf, he is person very easy to discuss things with and act on things promptly.

We would like to recommend Steven. =)

Will be posting some photos of his work in our Reno T-blog.

Stay tuned.

Now my renovation is completed, maybe i can do a mini review here =D

My ID from I-Deal house is Danny

Work : False ceiling/partition

Rating : 4/5

Comment : Everything done up pretty fast and smooth. That guy even work on sat ! Danny also extended my MBR false ceiling so that my AC trunking can't seen at end part of my L-box. FOC :good:

Work : Painting

Rating : 3/5

Comment : Though end result was nice, but they messed up my house with wrong colors for the first coat. also leaving paint stain on my bathroom grouting. We did change the guest room/false ceiling colors once.

Work : Platform

Rating :5/5 :wub:

Comment : Well done as it was exactly like what I expect.

Work : Carpentry

Comment : Though material was well chosen (looks, touch and feel also very good) , but the laminates installation skill was so-so, need to touch up after I inspected. However follow up by ID was prompt so kudos to him.Also he installed a full height mirror for me instead of 3/4 height... he just wanna made it look perfect i guess.

Work : Service

Rating : 4/5

Comment : Very friendly person. Very prompt reply to my SMSes (I know he might be busy with projects so use SMS). Can take in ad-hoc request well. When I told him a problem, he will find a way to solve it instead of taking shortcut. Will be better if he check his worker work at the end of the day more frequently ( eg the painting issue, instead of I got a shock when I enter the house, he should inform me the supplier gave wrong paint instead. Side note : but I check right after the painter left la )

Work : Price

Comment : I paid close to 25k including GST for the whole thing. It was on the high side due to GST I guess.Managed to saved a good $500 as my ID managed to get hacking permit w/o PE endorsement ( other ID mentioned it was a must to get PE )

FOC stuff : Haulage, WIW Mirror, 20ft kitchen cabinets

Hope this help ! ;)

Edited by junxian