Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simei_mum

Recommended Curtain Makers?

Hi Jule,

Thanks for the picture. This must be your romain blinds? I can see that the snitching is poor... and maybe affected by the metal bar running through? How about your day and night curtains where you were not satisfied with the workmanship. Got pictures to share? Mine will be installed this Sat... need to learn what to look out for. Thanks!!

curtainku6.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Jule,

Thanks for the picture. This must be your romain blinds? I can see that the snitching is poor... and maybe affected by the metal bar running through? How about your day and night curtains where you were not satisfied with the workmanship. Got pictures to share? Mine will be installed this Sat... need to learn what to look out for. Thanks!!

So you think I should be not satisfied with it too ?

Yes... it is not a good job. Unfortunately, some things are too small to ask for a total recall, even if it is their fault.... in such cases, we have to live with the luck element. But if more of such cases happen, then the supplier will be throwing away their own reputation.

I only hope that since mine is after CNY, they will have more time to do a proper job. I know you did not rush them, but unfortunately, it is not necessary the message received down at the factory, especially during CNY.

I am already commitment myself, so just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

So you think I should be not satisfied with it too ?

pls update on your curtains. Im also considering Jimmy's textile. I've had one quote from Karbell of katong mall.

They quoted me $2100 for night curtains and double tracks for my living, MBR and bed1, the material is just 100% polyester! And...not lined!:yamseng:

All my windows are floor to ceiling, wall to wall!:yamseng:

So wondered if im being chopped cos the material is cheap!!

Although I know my windows sp i expect it to cost more. :(

Mine turn out quite ok. Not the best work... but acceptable lor.

pls update on your curtains. Im also considering Jimmy's textile. I've had one quote from Karbell of katong mall.

They quoted me $2100 for night curtains and double tracks for my living, MBR and bed1, the material is just 100% polyester! And...not lined!:P

All my windows are floor to ceiling, wall to wall!!!

So wondered if im being chopped cos the material is cheap!!

Although I know my windows sp i expect it to cost more. :(

Well.... the curtains did not manage to block the sunlight from the sides of the windows completely even though I asked Jimmy about it and he said it can be done.

Also.... they drill the side support for the wooden bars a bit too far away from the side wall (about 1ft), which means that that part of the curtain can never be fully opened (or pulled to the end, if you know what I mean). When I asked the guy... he said because my window is long (3m, long meh?) so the side support has to be closer to the middle so that the wooden poles will last and won't slag. Dono bluff me or not, because I did not have the same issues in my old place and the curtains can be fully open to the sides. This part also no one highlight to me. I feel they should at least say something during measurement time.

So overall... only acceptable lah. Workmanship is fine.... just minor disappointments. Will try to share pictures when I have the time. So busy these days.

Max, care to share your photos of your curtains?

Why are they 'just acceptable'?

Well.... the curtains did not manage to block the sunlight from the sides of the windows completely even though I asked Jimmy about it and he said it can be done.

Also.... they drill the side support for the wooden bars a bit too far away from the side wall (about 1ft), which means that that part of the curtain can never be fully opened (or pulled to the end, if you know what I mean). When I asked the guy... he said because my window is long (3m, long meh?) so the side support has to be closer to the middle so that the wooden poles will last and won't slag. Dono bluff me or not, because I did not have the same issues in my old place and the curtains can be fully open to the sides. This part also no one highlight to me. I feel they should at least say something during measurement time.

So overall... only acceptable lah. Workmanship is fine.... just minor disappointments. Will try to share pictures when I have the time. So busy these days.

3m not long at all!! Why give such a silly excuse. Sometimes I really don't understand why they try to fob us off with in this way! The width of my window is 8m!:)!:sport-smiley-004: Now, that is long.

Sigh... too late leow... they already drilled it in.

You better make sure you ask the curtain supplier if your curtains can be fully opened and not blocked by the wooden pole support. Best if they can sketch out how your curtains will look like open and close so that there will be no misunderstandings.

Ya... I think it is a silly excuse too.... but I will have to learn to live with it.

:lol:

3m not long at all!! Why give such a silly excuse. Sometimes I really don't understand why they try to fob us off with in this way! The width of my window is 8m!:yamseng:!:unsure: Now, that is long.

I got my curtain from Curtain Issues. They have their own factory to make the curtain tracks and sew curtains. I do not know if their price is competitive. It was recommended by a friend. At that time I was too tired out by my reno to make price comparison on curtains. No harm checking with them though.

I got my curtain from Curtain Issues. They have their own factory to make the curtain tracks and sew curtains. I do not know if their price is competitive. It was recommended by a friend. At that time I was too tired out by my reno to make price comparison on curtains. No harm checking with them though.

May I know where Curtain Issues are? And how much did you pay for your curtains?

Curtain Issues is at Kaki Bukit Road, you can check Yellow Pages for full address as it may not be appropriate to advertise so much for them here.

It is not very meaningful to just tell you how much I paid as it depends on the types of curtains I installed, the material I chose, the length of the curtains and the size of my windows. They have a wide range of curtain cloth with wide price ranges. I started with paying them a visit at their showroom and factory and view their samples. After my painting is done, they went to my place to take measurement and I also ask them to recommend suitable colours to match my paint colours.

an update of my curtains - I did NOT go to Jimmy's textiles afterall. I called Karbell but wasn't impressed with the lady cos she lost interest when I told her I am compairng quotes.

I chose Sunrin (http://www.sunrindesign.com/) who has an exhibition booth at the Singappore Expo recently. My husband decided to go with them cos the guy we served us - Cedric - was straightforward, no pressure placed on us, plus he quoted a reasonable price from the get go.

The workmanship and drilling service were very good! Took 2 hrs to put in my hall curtains+rails and three other rails for bedrooms ie didn't rush through and measure slowly. he also vaccummed as he drilled.

What I like best is that they gave "extra" services not offered by Jimmy's - (1) make sure joining cloth match curtain patterns; (2) our tiebacks are kidney-shaped type and they sew extra black strip for decor; (3) double pleats changed to 5 inches apart with deeper pleats; (4) double hemming for day curtain to give extra weight. The stitching is very good - I know a bit abt sewing.

We paid $600 for day+night (heavy luxurious double-sided fabric 70% block) curtains+rails+blind removal/disposal for hall (3.8m window width; 250cm drop); and another $110 for curved rails for three more windows. Cedric came twice to show us materials. They ahve own workshop.

You can tell him Annie recommended. If someone can direct me how to pupload photos, i can put them up here.

thanks sime mum for the review. i am thinking of getting quotes from them too. btw, do u usu your own curtains for the bedrooms since u only ask them to install the rails?