Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simei_mum

Recommended Curtain Makers?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Eh, ya, supposed to be good, according to the salesperson, Japanese go to them because they found out that they sell the brand there. That's all I know though, not sure how different it is from other Japanese brands :P

I installed Tachikawa as well as another Taiwanese brand in my home due to the limited selection in material patterns from Tachikawa. The pulley mechanism seems just a little smoother for the Tachikawa.

I installed Tachikawa as well as another Taiwanese brand in my home due to the limited selection in material patterns from Tachikawa. The pulley mechanism seems just a little smoother for the Tachikawa.

Oh i see. Is the brand name indicated somewhere on the roller, so I can make sure? Thanks

hi,

you can try yours furnishing located at River valley Road. I had mine done by them, my bedroom is a 'U" shape window and they do a curve track for me so the curtain looks nice. they send their sales rep to come to our place to quote, alongside with some samples. They have a v wide range to choose from...

quote name='simei_mum' date='Feb 13 2008, 02:08 PM' post='262207']

Hi all,

Wish to get high quality curtains for living room (night and day curtains) and master bedroom (total blackout curtains). One of the two master bedroom windows is weird U-shaped. Anyone can recommend good curtain makers who would come to our home to quote? We need rails and curtains. How abt Spotlight? We just arrived Singapore so a general idea of how much they would cost would be great. THANKS

As mentioned above, our curtains were made by Mr Chew and his wife. He came down today with his wife to do the installation. Very cute to see them working as a team. They have all their tools with them and were very careful when they went about putting up our curtains. I am a very very pleased customer because the workmanship is good and they were all of the correct length. Also, the 100-blackout curtains I asked for in the MBR turned out to be really 100% blackout. My MBR was completely dark when I closed it at 4pm on a very sunny day! :dancingqueen:

We were given tassels for both the living room and the MBR but the MBR curtains came with extra same-material ties. Also, he gave us 2 complimentary giant pillows in a darker shade to match our living room curtains :) Oh and the hook at the sides were also metal pieces that look elegant (not plastic!). I did not expect this but for the living room curtains, it was a pulley system. I just thought that I had to pull the curtains myself.

Anyway, here are some pictures to share. They don't do justice to how they really look in real life because I somehow, couldn't take a very good photo. It was either too bright or too dark!

Living room

living_curtains2.jpg

Pretty tassels.

living_curtains3.jpg

Good stitching.

living_curtains4.jpg

In the day.

livingrm_curtains_night.jpg

At night.

freepillows.jpg

Free pillows

MBR

mbr_curtains1.jpg

mbr_curtains2.jpg

mbr_curtains3.jpg

Here are more photos of the kitchen roller blinds and the yard blinds. Also done by Mr Chew and included in the total price.

Yard area:

kitchen_blinds1.jpg

Outside view:

kitchen_blinds4.jpg

Kitchen blinds:

kitchen_blinds2.jpg

Close up:

kitchen_blinds3.jpg

Edited by ene

i've also ordered from mr chew... :)

Hehe, cool! :D Mr Chew must be wondering how come he so busy suddenly :dancingqueen: Btw, just want to add that I am not associated with Mr Chew in any way. I am just happy with the curtains he made and his price is good so just sharing with everyone who is also looking to cut costs without compromising quality! :P

And I've been receiving loads of PMs for Mr Chew's contact so I'm posting it here. He can be contacted at 96534689. Do speak Mandarin because he's more comfortable in the language. As I have also mentioned in my PMs, he can sound quite blur over the phone, i.e. every time I call him, I have to repeat who I am, where is my house, etc etc before he remembers :D

Edited by ene

Is it The Trump which is beside Kembangan MRT?

:sport-smiley-018: Nope. It's actually in the North-East :P I guess all condos look the same after a while? Hehe.

the finishing of the curtains is known as double pleat right? this is like the standard curtain makers do for households?

Btw ene, the hooks are metals or did u opt for plastics.. i am wondering which is better?

the finishing of the curtains is known as double pleat right? this is like the standard curtain makers do for households?

Btw ene, the hooks are metals or did u opt for plastics.. i am wondering which is better?

Hm...am not too sure about the double/single pleat thing. I just wanted curtains and they came like this! :D

The curtain hooks are metal. Don't get plastic - they look cheap! The ones done by Mr Chew are metal (I didn't get a choice - he just installed them!)