Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simei_mum

Recommended Curtain Makers?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Yes... it is not a good job. Unfortunately, some things are too small to ask for a total recall, even if it is their fault.... in such cases, we have to live with the luck element. But if more of such cases happen, then the supplier will be throwing away their own reputation.

I only hope that since mine is after CNY, they will have more time to do a proper job. I know you did not rush them, but unfortunately, it is not necessary the message received down at the factory, especially during CNY.

I am already commitment myself, so just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

you really got the fantastic setting for your living room.. this is really awesome.. i wish i had such too...

My living room window is a semi-circle thingy. For living room(day/night, around 3.2m), MBR(night, 3m), hallway to WIW(1.2m, night) and half length roller blinds(3m) at study area, came up to $1500+.

Is it expensive or what? The uncle at clementi said the materials I choose are expensive, initially quote $1600 one. I change some cheaper materials then become $1500+. :o Still pretty exp leh.

hey man why don't you try some blinds in place of curtains i have blinds in my master bedroom and my wife loves it. moreover many of my friends does the same setting for there bedroom as well. i think you should also consider my thought.

I did my curtains for my 4rm for $800+ all windows.

At first decided to go with roller blinds but come to think of it, I'll be stuck with the same thing for at least 3-5years. So decided to go with curtains at least can go JB and make a few more sets with other material / design. :D

But still up to personal preference on selecting either blinds or curtains.

At first decided to go with roller blinds but come to think of it, I'll be stuck with the same thing for at least 3-5years. So decided to go with curtains at least can go JB and make a few more sets with other material / design. :D

who did you do it with

hey man why don't you try some blinds in place of curtains i have blinds in my master bedroom and my wife loves it. moreover many of my friends does the same setting for there bedroom as well. i think you should also consider my thought.

blinds usually more expensive than curtains leh.

wah that's cheap!

My wife is a firm believer of convenience, letting the sales person come to you with all the samples to show you at the new home.....

I m, on the other hand, is a firm believer of widening my options and looking at all the samples that are available in the shop....the more the merrier

:argue: So can u imagine how much arguments we had to endure juz to buy curtains/roller blinds for the entire house....

So faced with spiralling renovation costs and uncertain budget constraints.....she finally gave in to me and gave me an ultimatum.....

Bring her to 1 curtain maker recommended by Renotalk and dun waste anymore of her time bringing her here and there....

So after much deliberation, i settled for MGL Curtains @ Eminent Plaza.....the location is excellent. But the carpark is so small & dark.....the lift up to the 1st floor smells of nightclub life.....the lift opens up to reveal a nightclub...place is so sleazy....and the shop is hidden from view in the basement (from the first floor down)....

My wife is looking at me, already thinking tat it is goin to be a wasted trip again.....

BUT I was to prove her VERY VERY WRONG

Know from the forum that May is the person to look for in the shop.....and once more she did not disappoint, juz like any other time it was stated in the forum.... she knows her stuff well....gives appropriate recommendations and knows when to b quiet when she hears a storm coming....and she knows her pricing well....

Went in at 1pm....and b4 we know it.....we spent 4 hours inside the shop talking to her, pouring thru hundreds of samples and after several recommendations and counter recommendations, we finally settled for the look tat we want....throughout the process, she was very patient and understanding, and was ever ready to please.....

Certainly 1 of the best customer service in retail i have ever encountered..... 1 small shop but big in service....

And we certainly left feeling that we should have come here in the first place, instead of running high and low lookin around!!!

Pricing is attractive too....but i shant say too much...cos the deal is not closed yet!!!! :paint: Still a work in progress woh!!!!