Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
what i visualise is that your fan is at the centre of the room, surrounded by downlights at the side right?

downlights will only shine downwards, so the ceiling is actually lighted up by reflected lights from tiles.

hence, ceiling will definitely be less bright. So surely have some shadows on ceilings, whether or not it is disturbing depends on how bright the entire place is. for example, if you turn on some, but not all the downlights, shadows will be more obvious.

okie.. so I can get a 56" fan still? my lights are just 2 rows of lights front and back, the sides do not have any lights. We putting cove lighting to make things brighter i hope.

I am not having any lighting kits for fan. The distance between each downlight in 1 row is about 90 to 100cm. The distance from the 1 row to the other row is 170 cm. The center part where the fan going to be will be darker as there are no direct light source.

what i visualise is that your fan is at the centre of the room, surrounded by downlights at the side right?

downlights will only shine downwards, so the ceiling is actually lighted up by reflected lights from tiles.

hence, ceiling will definitely be less bright. So surely have some shadows on ceilings, whether or not it is disturbing depends on how bright the entire place is. for example, if you turn on some, but not all the downlights, shadows will be more obvious.

CRESTAR FANS

Hi,

Where can I get good price for Crestar fans? Thinking of getting 2 for my flat. Thanks.

Edited by sgnick

From my personal experience,

i think the main isssue is not size of fan. Rather its how well lighted your area is.

if the whole place is lighted up, and no dark spots in the house when lights are switched on, shadows are minimal.

To avoid shadows, don't get fans that comes with lighting kits will have shadows at the area between ceiling fan and ceiling. Confirmed...regardless of where your downlights are.

downlights if got "gap" in between 2 lights, that area will be dark, hence fan blades turning may cast a shadow on the wall.

I am not having any lighting kits for fan. The distance between each downlight in 1 row is about 90 to 100cm. The distance from the 1 row to the other row is 170 cm. The center part where the fan going to be will be darker as there are no direct light source.

I am currently calculating the fan size i can get without having the fans casting shadows as I am using downlights. I have about 170cm distance between the 2 downlight. Can anyone advise on the size of fan I can get.

I would like to get a black color celing fan with adjustable pole, but other colors like silver and white is okie. Please help to suggest which brands should i get for the size of the fan I require?

Giam siah!

From my personal experience,

i think the main isssue is not size of fan. Rather its how well lighted your area is.

if the whole place is lighted up, and no dark spots in the house when lights are switched on, shadows are minimal.

To avoid shadows, don't get fans that comes with lighting kits will have shadows at the area between ceiling fan and ceiling. Confirmed...regardless of where your downlights are.

downlights if got "gap" in between 2 lights, that area will be dark, hence fan blades turning may cast a shadow on the wall.

I am currently calculating the fan size i can get without having the fans casting shadows as I am using downlights. I have about 170cm distance between the 2 downlight. Can anyone advise on the size of fan I can get.

I would like to get a black color celing fan with adjustable pole, but other colors like silver and white is okie. Please help to suggest which brands should i get for the size of the fan I require?

Giam siah!

i totally support KDK the latest series V60K.... ( 5 blades ). my mum used to have another brand ( i shall nt mention ) and the biggest speed wind is so pathetic, we practically all have to squeeze underneath the fan to get the slight breeze, even then, nt windy enuf. change to KDK, steady poon pee pee. 7 speed. speed 1 already strong enuf liao... will be getting them all for my new hse...

kong tai ( 504@ jurong west st 51 ) selling me $420....

If I am not wrong, the V60WK sells for about RM500+ (round up RM600 for illustration)

Taking type126's SG price quoted at S$488, and take exchange at 2.3, then 600/2.3 = S$260

Savings = 488-260 = S$228

Just bought the 1 x sensa 5 at RM567 and 1 x V touch @ RM463, 3 x wall fan @ RM 190 each, 1 x exhuast fan @ RM92 and 1 x stand fan @ rm145, paid GST @ S$53.00.

Total damage RM 1837 + S$53.00, if buy in singapore, sensa 5 cost around S$500 and ceiling fan around S$136...not too sure about others.

Took me less than 3 hours to drive in, collect the stuffs and drive back ti singapore. :P

Hi im a newbie here..

Anyone bought KDK ceiling fan in JB?

Price is 40% cheaper den retail price in SG.

Need some advise... Tks in advance.. ;)

Hi May i know how much is it?

If I am not wrong, the V60WK sells for about RM500+ (round up RM600 for illustration)

Taking type126's SG price quoted at S$488, and take exchange at 2.3, then 600/2.3 = S$260

the recommended price for Sensa 4 is RM559 while Sensa 5 is RM665:)

hmm.. i will be exploring JB for this... :sport-smiley-018:

Wanna join me.. hehe...LOL

I didn't... as during reno, could not get hold of a unit.... all the shops I went to keep saying they don't carry it and keep saying it's a malaysian made fan (shich to them is low quality)

In the end I got a Crestar (silver) but their silver is actually bronzie colour

I will change it in due course... going back to KL to get it

hmm.. i will be exploring JB for this... :sport-smiley-018:

Wanna join me.. hehe...LOL