Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If i want to replace my current ceiling light with fanco aroma fan with light kit, do I have to do additional wiring or can I just use 1?

Hi bookntoys,

HDB set guildlines, not whether which make/model is alllowed.

Installation of ceiling fan

1) Weight of fan should not exceed 6 kg

2) Clear height from finished floor level to fan blades should be at least 2.4 m

3) Hardened steel expanding bolt should not exceed 8 mm in diameter and penetration depth of steel plug should not exceed 40 mm

Hope this Helps ;)

Cheers pal :drunk:

Yes, only A11SY is approved based on this regulation.

Hi all KDK fans,

just to share with you the information i gathered while hunting for KDK ceiling fans...

KDK distributor in Singapore is Capital Distributor (www.kdk.com.sg/index.html) and they display all the ceiling and standing fans in the showroom. Can even test them. :)

However, the sad thing is they don't release the list of dealers to public. When I called to ask, they asked for my location and only gave me 2 dealers' contact. Below is the list of dealers that I collected after calling several rounds :P :-

a)
Everjoint in Ang Mo Kio (so far the cheapest I get)

b) Euromark (
)

c) Tai Yong Electric, 116 Jalan Besar

d) Parisilk (
)

e) Kim Seah Electric,
635 Veerasamy Road #01-164

f) Hong Kwang Electric, blk 30 Kelantan Lane

g) Lim Kim Thye Electric, 157 Jalan Basar
h) Mega discount, B1 Katong Mall

For HDB, only 3 models are allowed due to ceiling height constraint:- A11YS, V56VK and V60WK

Take note that the U-hook and screws are not provided in the box, need to buy separately either from installer or from the shop (though not all shops sell it). Please check with KDK the correct diameter of the hook before buying, as different shops sell different sizes (nearly got tricked by one of the shops). Capital Distributors sell the U-hook and screws at $15 after GST. Installers normally sell it at $10 and Tai Yong sells it at $5.

The warranty of the ceiling fan is 1yr. For the remote control, the replacement costs $40 from Capital Distributor.

Hope the above information is useful.

Cheers

Does anyone know where can we confirm that HDB only allows these 3 KDK models - A11YS, V56VK and V60WK?

Thanks

Hi Bro,

Saw that you have been helping many bros with the Fanco lobang. Hope you do not mind sharing with me too.

BTW, I'm in a slight dilemma so need to seek some advice here. I have been considering the fanco ff9 for some time for my living room, master room, kids room and study room. My ceiling is about 11'' feet high. I was offered $180 and 4 bulb lighting kit at $40 by lightings.com.sg. They ensure lowest in sg.

1. How long down rod should i extend?

2. Will the FF9 wind be too strong for the rooms as I do not want my kids catching a cold?

3. Any comment with Lightings.com.sg service?

Then just recently I passed by a shop at Geylang where they placed many boxes of ceiling fans outside and surely I pop by in to enquire. The boss advise me not to get fanco as I could get alpha VS5 at $230 with lighting kit, down rod extension at $10 per feet. He said Fanco is made in China while alpha is made in Taiwan. Then he did a demo which pretty impressed me. He switch on the alpha fan and placed his hands onto the turning blades but was unhurt. He said something like a safety feature " soft blades".

So any comments on Alpha ceiling fan and service?

ceiling fan is never meant to cool the whole place.

it can only cool a slightly larger area than its blades.

hence, its suitable for areas like above sofa and above bed.

i tried KDK babyfan during my stay at Tunes Hotel. Loved it so much that i got it for my house. During cool nights, just need speed 1, during hot nights just need speed 2.

speed 3 is not good, too powerful and noisy to be able to sleep.

Hi booksntoys,

FYI, plate mounting ceiling fans is for low ceiling, if it's mounted on a high ceiling, you'll not feel the wind.

Cos the blades are close to the ceiling, therefore the air flow will not be as good as those down rod type.

Another point, plate mounting fans tense to create some wind noise when spinning on high speed.

So if your ceiling is high then go for down rod mounting ceiling fan, plate mounting ceiling fan is not a good choice.

Point to note, the size of the fan is the area that you wanna circulate, if you need to circulate bigger area then choose bigger fan blade size.

If u're located in the east then you can go to Tampines East CC, Macdonald's to see if the fan hv wind or not.

They've mounted a row of A11YS ceiling fans in the outdoor sitting area.

BTW I only hv FANCO lobang, i dun hv any lobang for KDK ceiling fans. :P

Hope this helps :)

Cheers pal ;)

Mine is 5-room HDB flat.

How's the review for FANCO fans?

What FANCO model would u recommend for HDB 5rm bedroom & living room?

My experience with elmark fans is that they'll weaken in speed & wind strength after years of usage.

Thank you very much for ur advice :)

yes, kdk A11ys has limited coverage and about 45degree (dunno if you get what i mean). good enuf for me cos i dont need it to circulate my whole room (for the moment) and only need it to cool the sofa location which is directly below the fan. :P my living room so small and ht so low, so not much choice actually. :P

Hi bro,

I've read in the forum that for KDK A11YS baby fan, one will only get the wind if one sits directly under the fan.

Is it true?

So if the fan is in the middle of the bedroom, beds & tables at the side of the wall, then we won't feel the wind??

You've lobang for KDK fan? Do PM me.

Thks very much :)

Hi, anyone has any electrician/installer to recommend? I never have ceiling fan installed before, so what to look out for? My ceiling got no hook and extra wiring for the ceiling fan. Looking at HDB floor plan, my living room is 5800x3500, is KDK baby fan suitable? THX.

Hi... Can anyone tell me where r the places that i can go to where there r alot of ceiling fans on display? I m concerned with both the performance n aesthetic purposes :) Btw my id recommended me kdk, but i m stil undecided bet crestar n kdk :) Any advise or recommendations?

have you tried it online? There's a lot of sites that offers ceiling fans . I advise you browse the internet, and see different designs. So basically, you'll have idea on it, as well as compare features and prices. ;)

Hi,

Need advise, i intend to install KDK, 4 blade fan. At the surround area, L-Box with cove lighthing. In addition, putting projection screen and mount projector.

Question, i wonder if the fans height might block the projection. Anyone had similar setup and could advise ?

hi BRO,

can you kindly share your lobang? kopi on me.

I have a very high ceiling (pitch roof - floor to the highest point is 6m). i have no idea whether franco fan can customize the rod? any advice will be appreciated!!

thanks