Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

You can try to call ang mo kio shop everjoint .they sell kdk ceiling fan also and the prices quite reasonable.i just went to my friends

he purchase from them but brands its fanco ,it look very nice and with light kit .they also provide installation if u want to but the boss

said the person who instal have to know how to balancing the fan if not the fan will shaking and no wind at all. my friend's fan instal by

*spam the workmanship ok

KDK model:

1)V56VK (56") remote ceiling fan

4 fiber glass blades c/w 5-speed LCD display remote

color : silver grey

Unit Price : $448.00 w/gst

2)V60WK(60") remote ceiling fan

5 fiber glass blades c/w 7-speed LCD display remote

color : silver grey

Unit Price : $488.00 w/gst

Heard that those model doesn't comes with the ceiling mounting bracket. How do you going to mount it?

Edited by michaeleu

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi fan mates,

been reading up tis section...

due to my living rm design and still needing the need to have a ceiling fan for better circulation, i shortlisted a fan design but have no idea how good the circulation is.

anyone has used the following before? is wooden blades to start with. any comments

Star Multimax designed by Y. Gorali

multimaxceilingfan.jpg

This looks nice. Where is it available locally?

Hi Samson, hv replied u liao.... paiseh was bz the whole day....... :P

Cheers pal :drunk:

Hi Bro,

PMed you, can you share your contacts with me too? I am looking to buy 5 fans for my house.

Hi Bro,

I must be the 101th person asking you for the fanco lobang. Can you please share with me? Thanks thanks for your help! :)

kekeke... :D if tats the case then i treat u kopi lor...hehehe... :P

Hv PMed you lo... lol... :D

:drunk: pal

Hv PMed you lo... ;) hope u'll save abit n buy me kopi...kekeke... :P

cheers pal :drunk:

Hi bro

I must be the 100th person asking u for the contact for the Fanco fan! ;) pls PM me, thanks!

Anyone here using a 38" ceiling fan? The one I have is useless! I sit directly underneath and I feel a bit of breeze. I sit at the dining area 2 meters away and I feel nothing. Every day, dinner time is a sweaty affair. Getting really fed up and uncomfortable.

Hi Desmond,

Veri nice of you to share yr feedback n experience, i do appreciate alot.

Okie, here's goes.... :)

As wat i've shared wf our formers here.

Normally, for living room blade size of 52-60 inches will be ideal.

For bedroom, blade size of 48-52 inches will be ideal.

FF9 (56inches) is more suitable for living room.

Of course if yr bedrrom is big enough, you can consider the FF9 (56 inches) model.

As whether is it strong enough or not, it depends on individual.

Many of us think that installing ceiling fan is for cooling the room, but in fact it's more for circulation not cooling.

If you need to cool yr room, then aircon will be the one, not ceiling fan.

For myself, i find that it's strong enough to serve my needs, bcos i always use speed 1 only.

There are different make of ceiling fans in the market with many design to choose from.

Some make in China, some make in Taiwan. Many ppl think that make in China is lousy. :rolleyes:

KDK is also make in China. How come so many ppl still buy? :dunno:

If the ceiling fan is make in Taiwan, the cost of the fan will be more expensive compared to the one that is made in CHINA.

The motor is also lifetime warranty for some makes. Do check them out.

Anyway all the ceiling fan that are sold in SG muz be safety tested, their box will hv the safety mark logo.

So if your ceiling is low, choose a ceiling fan that is suitable for low ceiling for your safety purpose, not whether the blade will hurt your hands or not. What kind of blades use is also dangerous to put yr hand in the path of the blades.

As in HDB rule, all ceiling fan muz mount at a height of 2.4m from floor/ground to blade.

So choose the design that you like, bcos at the end of the day u'll be the one using and looking at it.

As for price tag, if u're comforatable wf what the shop quoted you then you can purchase, no point hunting high and low for the lowest price tag, afterall the ceiling fan is not a veri expensive item to consider, the differences is very little.

So save your time on some other more impt things.

Hope this helps and Happy choosing ;)

BTW i've Pmed you on the lobang, awaits for your Kopi treats ya... :P

Thanks for the reply. Guess I just stick to the more popular choice to play safe. Got your PM for the contacts. Thanks.

Hv PMed you lo... ;) hope u'll save abit n buy me kopi...kekeke... :P

cheers pal :drunk:

I just bought crestar acrylic fans. Anyone using this brands? GOOD????

Hi pal, I've PMed you liao, hope you'll save abit n buy me kopi ya lol kekeke..... :D

cheers :yamseng:

Hi Mr Bro,

Can pm me your contact for fanco fans as well?

thx!

hi fan mates,

been reading up tis section...

due to my living rm design and still needing the need to have a ceiling fan for better circulation, i shortlisted a fan design but have no idea how good the circulation is.

anyone has used the following before? is wooden blades to start with. any comments

Star Multimax designed by Y. Gorali

multimaxceilingfan.jpg

HDB double standard? V56 is 6.4kg whereas V60 is 8kg. I thought fan must be 6kg max?

Oops... didn't take note of that...we were only concerned with the max height limit.

Bought the fans already! :P

Yep, just confirmed that both V56VK and V60WK - the latest models, satisfy the regulation too :)

HDB double standard? V56 is 6.4kg whereas V60 is 8kg. I thought fan must be 6kg max?

Just to add there also other makes that satisfy this regulation beside KDK A11YS..... :D

cheers pal ;)

Yep, just confirmed that both V56VK and V60WK - the latest models, satisfy the regulation too :)

Hi bookntoys,

HDB set guildlines, not whether which make/model is alllowed.

Installation of ceiling fan

1) Weight of fan should not exceed 6 kg

2) Clear height from finished floor level to fan blades should be at least 2.4 m

3) Hardened steel expanding bolt should not exceed 8 mm in diameter and penetration depth of steel plug should not exceed 40 mm

Hope this Helps ;)

Bro,

you've been MOST helpful & patient, answering all my questions in this forum & thru emails.

Thanks so much!

Edited by booksntoys