Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

hi, i have a question regarding remote: does it mean the fan needs to be installed with an IR sensor? or for RC the models are different altogether? TIA :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi bro!

Need 2 x fans. Can pm me ur cintact please? Thx!

David

Hi mafacifa,

Hv PMed u liao...:) hope u'll save abit n buy me kopi ya... :P :P :dribble: :dribble:

Cheers pal :drunk:

Thank u :good: thank u.... :good::yeah: that was a great :jawdrop: treat..... :lol::dancingqueen:

Have a nice day n :yamseng: pal

U r welcome, bro. Anyway, my wife and me are v satisifed with your workmanship!!!! :D:)

Hi mafacifa,

Hv PMed u liao...:) hope u'll save abit n buy me kopi ya... :P :P :dribble: :dribble:

Cheers pal :drunk:

I buy u kopi, bubble tea and barley for u that day already.... :D

KDK v56vk S$190/R$470 includes U-hook

KDK v60vk S$230/R$560 includes U-hook

Do visit my reno blog to view installed fans.

Dealer name: YES Electrical Supply, 5 mins drive from checkpoint

Address: 22, Jln Serampang, Taman Pelangi, 80050 Johor Bahru, Johor.

Phone: 07- 3339900

Have to call to check availability and reserve stock.

Fan box is relatively big, remove box before packing in car to save space.

Payment only by cash, Ringgit or SGD.

Self-installation summary:

Tools: 1x powerful hammer drill for ceiling u-hook, 1x test-pen, 3x wire connector, 1x philips screwdriver

Time: 1/2-1 hr per fan incudes drilling

Difficulty: medium, requires knowledge of drilling, connecting electrical wires, and not colour blind to differentiate wires.

Note: To prevent fan from wobbling, ensure that surrounding area meets the minimum required distance.

Extra Note: read installation manual thoroughly before installation.

Ordered 3 KDK v56vk and 1 KDK v60vk = 1950RM. will collects from them this coming friday.

And also they're open half day on satuarday till 1 pm.

Took this from a MY forum, interesting read too:

According to aerodynamic/air tunnel:

1. less blade with higher rpm produce higher level of "noise" when at same m3/hr with those more blade. Because less blade cut "vacuum" = less efficient

2. More blades more "stable" of wind stream.

3. Higher rpm will wear the mechnical parts "faster", like bearing/c-clip on the shaft.

Edited by bepgof

Took this from a MY forum, interesting read too:

Interesting subject. Just to share with you my conclusion working with ceiling fans. These specs are taken off the KDK website for comparison purposes.

Revolution Per Minute (RPM)

3 blade - at high speed 231 to 282 RPM

4 blade - at high speed 170 - 208 RPM

5 blade - at high speed 153 - 190 RPM

Conclusion: the 3 blade fans naturally rotates faster than the ones with more blades. Faster rotation will also produce more air. I doubt the air is cooler made by those with more blades as its subject to the same ambient temperature within that room.

Air Volume Delivery

3 blade - Air Delivery (m3/min) : 236

4 blade - Air Delivery (m3/min) : 209

5 blade - Air Delivery (m3/min) : 204

Conclusion: less blades better volume delivery . Doesnt always mean more blades more air delivery and hence cooler.

Motor Wattage Consumption

3 blade - Motor W at High 66.9 - 81.7

4 blade - Motor W at High 65.3 - 79.8

5 blade - Motor W at High 69.1 - 84.5

Conclusion: rather negliable across different blades really but the lower blades tend to consume less wattage.

Overall conclusion it seems the less blades the better? Only difference I can see is those with 3 blades typically comes with regulator and no frill designs. The 4 or 5 blades are nicer design plus the option of a remote control. Contrary to people's beliefs that more blades, more air volume delivery and thus, cooler. The design of the individual blades are also important to ensure better air volume delivery and quietness. I also note that those with more blades tends to be quieter but not that much.

The legth of blades for the 3 blades ones are typicall 60inch, whilst the 4 and 5 blades one are 56inch. Longer blades I guess means a better reach (bigger coverage area) to dispel the air driven downwards.

Motor is also important factor and should be at least 188 and thats where the RPM comes in. Make sure its at least sealed ball bearing kinds (pretty much the only kind available here in Malaysia).

Edited by titanax