Ceiling Fan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi yunn26,

Hv PMed u liao... ;) hope you save abit n buy me kopi ya... :dribble::dribble:

:drunk: pal

Hi Bro,

I've just read the entire thread! :P

You've been giving people lobang for 2 years! :o

To date, I've bought 5 Crestar Air Vac 48" (http://www.fancrestar.com.sg/Product-airVac.html).

Very good. Good motor, strong wind. 3 years usage already, no problem for all 5 fans. The only drawback is the price. $290 with installation without lights.

Now I intend to buy 3 more fans and looking at the 56" Fanco FF9 (http://www.fanco.com.sg/index.php?page=ff9---56).

Interestingly the design is very similar, if not the same. The blade is acrylic and blade design is the same. But I heard the price is way cheaper, which is catching my attention.

I see the link, it states that the distance from ceiling to blade is 240mm.. which is about 9.4" .... for the Crestar Air Vac, I measured myself, the distance is 11". This means that it has more space to draw air in at the top.

Now I need to see the performance of this FF9, whether its strong. Can you PM me your lobang?

Also, some of you commented that 3 blade can spin faster since less blade weight.. true... but spin faster = more noise. With 5 blade, need only to spin slower to achieve the same air volume moved.

Also fans which are close to the ceiling won't have enough air to draw in from the top. This implies less wind.

Also, forget about fan designs for aesthetics. I've seen many fan designs which are nice but functionally is very poor. Look good to see but less air blown, then no point. I'm more for design for functionally. Crestar Air Vac so far sogood and from teh likeness of the Fanco FF9 design, looks to be a winner too.

My 2 cents worth.

:D

One very important consideration before you purchase KDK v56vk & v60vk which I have to bring up.

This information is only available in the installation manual.

Ceiling fan must be mounted above 2.5m from the floor and 1m from the wall to the Blade.

The very common reason the fan wobble is because it doesn't meet the minimum clearance.

No matter how much you try to switch blades to try to balance it, it just won't work.

It is not because the fan mechanism is faulty, nor is it loose.

My fans are 2.4m from the floor but they're working fine.

Do measure before you purchase!

KDK v56vk is 56 inches in diameter and v60vk is 60inches in diameter.

Good luck!

Hi all,

I just brought a crestar airvac. However it does not come with the fan speed wall mount control. Does any one know if i can just purchase any universal switch (ex, hager control switch) from Choo Chiang and just install it?

How much you bought it and whats the size?

Hi Lurline,

Hv PMed u liao... ;) hope you save alot n buy me kopi ya... :dribble::dribble:

:drunk: pal

Good morning Bro,

You're so prompt, very good! Will invite u over for coffee when my place is ready!

Cheers

Hi, dun think kdk remote models fans can extend the rod. Unless u're taking the 3 blades regulator type.

U can always scout around 2 c if there r any design that u're like.

Remote control is juz an add on to the fan for other make.

Hope this helps;)

Cheers pal :drunk:

Hi Bro, thanks for your prompt reply.

I was looking around the Fanco website and have a few questions which i hope u can help with:

1) Can u recommend Fanco's most powerful models with simple lines, no light attachments and I don't like the chain hanging down some of the models?

2) Can the speed regulator be substituted with aftermarket switch plate makers' such as Legrand/MK since I am trying to unify the switches throughout the house?

3) all the Fanco models can be adjusted for height?

4) is it better to attach the base to the false ceiling via bracket or directly to the concrete ceiling and passing through the false ceiling?

5) can PM me the prices of the models u recommended as I am getting 3 sets for my new place.

Thanks!

I'm interested in getting the KDK V60WK model for my living room and master bedroom.

Because my ceiling is pretty high (non-HDB) even with false ceiling, I probably need an extension rod.

1) Do V60WK come with extension rod?

2) If not which other model or brand is similar in construction (simple+no lights+powerful+remote)?

Thanks!