Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
korea

It Show

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi applefreak, sorry for the late reply.. Did you get any of the below? I saw the Western Digital "My Book Home Edition" (1TB) for $369 or the Essential (1TB) for $299 :unsure: on Friday night and looks a good bargain. Never used this brand for external HDD so not sure about reliability but heard they are very renown company. Got several OneTouch 1TB last show and may get one of these My Book today (last day) if got time to squeeze with crowds.

Kuro tv does seem temping :dunno:

Bought a 24" iMac :unsure: finally as was offering free 2yr extended warranty, several 8GB Extreme III cf cards ($130 each) and cheap Lumix camera for $249 with lots of freebies...one of great buy at the show on Friday night for compact camera. Selling pitch was "Made in Japan for $249!"

info gotten from hwz

WD

My Book Essential $299.99

My Book Home Edition $369.99

My Book Office Edition $369.99

Maxtor

OneTouch 4 Plus $429

Seagate

Free Agent Pro $439

Ismart

3.5" Desktop Storage Dual Sata $389

Network Attached Storage Sata ( Raid ) $599

Freecom

3.5" Aluminium External Hard Drives $429

Prestigio

e-sata Drive $579

Backup Drive $569

DX320 $469

Edited by lifestyle

Hi applefreak, sorry for the late reply.. Did you get any of the below? I saw the Western Digital "My Book Home Edition" (1TB) for $369 or the Essential (1TB) for $299 :D on Friday night and looks a good bargain. Never used this brand for external HDD so not sure about reliability but heard they are very renown company. Got several OneTouch 1TB last show and may get one of these My Book today (last day) if got time to squeeze with crowds.

Kuro tv does seem temping :)

Bought a 24" iMac !! finally as was offering free 2yr extended warranty, several 8GB Extreme III cf cards ($130 each) and cheap Lumix camera for $249 with lots of freebies...one of great buy at the show on Friday night for compact camera. Selling pitch was "Made in Japan for $249!"

wow that's quite some stuff you've gotten there

was quite tempted by the iMac as well but still prefer the white one compare to the alu one :dunno:

think will wait until my MBP die on me, or at least APP is over before i get one

think got a guy from HWZ managed to get the WD 500GB MyBook Essential edition at $165

the elements edition is at $150

don't know which one to get, but most prob will get the one with firewire instead of usb :P

as for the kuro, if i go down today and they offer the display set at sub $2k

maybe i'll be tempted to grab one for my room :good::dribble:

Edited by applefreak

PS3 $559 .... :D

Bundle ...No Bundle ...

i think the PS3 is bundled with 1 free game. and if i understood the gal correctly, she said MUST buy the PS3 with 2 games. :bangwall:

was quite tempted by the iMac as well but still prefer the white one compare to the alu one :D

think will wait until my MBP die on me, or at least APP is over before i get one

think got a guy from HWZ managed to get the WD 500GB MyBook Essential edition at $165

don't know which one to get, but most prob will get the one with firewire instead of usb :P

maybe i'll be tempted to grab one for my room :help::bangwall:

i think on last day no more display sets liao lah. the guy fr the lg and samsung booths told me that normally by 1st day all the displays snatched up and people "book" liao...no need to wait for last day. hehe...

Edited by phoenix

Heard the toshiba 42" was gg at $100 cheaper today. Not sure abt my LG, but dun care lah, buy is buy liao, since im happy with the price i paid...

Hi silver88, how much u paid for the ps3? ANy bundle? Really tempting man!:help:

Ya loh...buy is buy liao...6 months down the road I'm sure the price will be lower. Haha...but we would have used it for 6months liao... :bangwall:

Wonder if applefreak will be reporting some good news from the final hour hunting trip. Was thinking of buying in the last day also...but think think think...the crowd sure scary one....so forget it...grab first.

Ya loh...buy is buy liao...6 months down the road I'm sure the price will be lower. Haha...but we would have used it for 6months liao... :help:

Wonder if applefreak will be reporting some good news from the final hour hunting trip. Was thinking of buying in the last day also...but think think think...the crowd sure scary one....so forget it...grab first.

yep, the crowd was scary indeed! :bangwall: when we got there, there were crowds of people J-walking across under the overhead bridge that part. the overhead bridge was jam-packed too. keke... then all the cars kinda got stuck! at the entrance, got bottleneck too...and we were moving really slowly.

after 3 hrs battle of running around and comparing, we finally settled for our LG 42". lol! that same set that i was beo-ing 2 mths back. then we went to see the PS3.. super crowded there too. but the sales person like kinda boh-chap, maybe no commission thats why :bangwall: so since i pong-chek (and headache) from the crowd, i decided the PS3 can wait another day.

hey keltong, ur new flat at admiralty? :D

yep, the crowd was scary indeed! :notti: when we got there, there were crowds of people J-walking across under the overhead bridge that part. the overhead bridge was jam-packed too. keke... then all the cars kinda got stuck! at the entrance, got bottleneck too...and we were moving really slowly.

after 3 hrs battle of running around and comparing, we finally settled for our LG 42". lol! that same set that i was beo-ing 2 mths back. then we went to see the PS3.. super crowded there too. but the sales person like kinda boh-chap, maybe no commission thats why :P so since i pong-chek (and headache) from the crowd, i decided the PS3 can wait another day.

hey keltong, ur new flat at admiralty? :)

Haha...another hoot a 42" LCD TV, think the sales people all very happy...so how much you got yours?

My new flat at Admiralty Dr in Sembawang Town, one of those leftover units...now bz with all the reno. Shack!

i think on last day no more display sets liao lah. the guy fr the lg and samsung booths told me that normally by 1st day all the displays snatched up and people "book" liao...no need to wait for last day. hehe...

sigh went down just now but the guy insist on selling new sets at $2,399

was really tempted but that amt for a bedroom set seems a little too high

guess i'll just stick to the 21" crt i have now :P

Ya loh...buy is buy liao...6 months down the road I'm sure the price will be lower. Haha...but we would have used it for 6months liao... :)

no good news, coz think think think can't bear to part with $2.4k for bedroom tv set

in the end only got a pair of earphones from sennheiser

btw, the WD 500GB ext HDD was sold out since yesterday

guess will go down to SLS and take a look next time :notti:

The crowd at the IT Show is really scary esp when going down the escalator. Can really bump into people infront when escalator moving down fast. :notti:

WD and maxtor brands worth getting also. The latest price i saw was at 109 and payable in cash only but not sure how many GB as it was very crowded there. Only got some computer stuff in the end

just came back from the IT show

it's really tempting coz they are offering the pioneer 428 at $2,399 without free gifts

that's like $2k off the price i paid, so in a way i paid for the 'free' gifts

went there thinking of getting a small tv for my bedroom but now seriously tempted by the kuro :notti::P

i believed it's the display set that they're selling @ tt price... well, tink shld b okay since the usage hr is <40hrs nia. (they oni used it for this show)... total life time hr is 60000hrs... :)

Edited by Zen2008

i believed it's the display set that they're selling @ tt price... well, tink shld b okay since the usage hr is <40hrs nia.... total life time hr is 60000hrs... :)

it's not the display set, it's all the brand new sets

i kept asking him about the display set but he said they are going to bring back :notti:

he said i can check the box for marks if i don't believe it's a brand new set

honestly, i'm convinced that it's a brand new set going for that price

but still a little too expensive to buy and put inside bedroom :P

Edited by applefreak

it's not the display set, it's all the brand new sets

i kept asking him about the display set but he said they are going to bring back :P

he said i can check the box for marks if i don't believe it's a brand new set

honestly, i'm convinced that it's a brand new set going for that price

but still a little too expensive to buy and put inside bedroom :)

Oh, iszit... coz juz nw i went to ask, they quoted 2999 for new set but no free gift..... 2399 for display set & they oso throw in a dvd player (DV-400) & free a HDMI cable... did ask a few saleperson though... hmm~ set

so did u went down juz nw @ ask?

ya, i agree, it "expensive" to buy and put in bedroom.... DA CAI XIAO YONG... :notti:

Edited by Zen2008

Me also thinking of getting a 32" LCD. Any cheap and good recommendations (Sony / Samsung / etc)? :notti:

Hi Ptro, so did u get anything for the fair?

I gotten the 40" F80 series Full HD LCD Samsung Tv.

Think its a good deal. !!

ANyway, i'm ur neighbor from Blk 79B but staying

on low floor. Think by the time u completed ur reno I have

yet to start mine. :dunno:

:notti:

Yeh the crowds are scary this evening.. while on the escalator it stop suddenly...everyone said is a safety device kick in :bow: ..must be overloaded !!

Managed to get Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus 500GB for $219... a little more exp than WD but comes with backup stuffs.

So what kind of computer stuff did you get? I was there till 9:30pm (after official close time) and got really good prices & freebies during the last hour.

The crowd at the IT Show is really scary esp when going down the escalator. Can really bump into people infront when escalator moving down fast. :bow:

WD and maxtor brands worth getting also. The latest price i saw was at 109 and payable in cash only but not sure how many GB as it was very crowded there. Only got some computer stuff in the end

Really need a iMac ever since my motherboard failure. Understand a new iMac update is due anytime soon (most expect next Tuesday)..so hoping i can change to the new spec. Yes, i also prefer the old white color but is a bit bulky compare to the new one and future ones.

So which got a pair of earphones from sennheiser model did you get. I got the noice cancellation travel type (model PXC 250) and got a free PC130 headset for PC.

Can always wait for next show for better price on the Kuro :)

was quite tempted by the iMac as well but still prefer the white one compare to the alu one :notti:

maybe i'll be tempted to grab one for my room :dunno::notti:

Hey Yeoman,

Nah, in the end was too busy to go IT show as I had several other things to settle. Anyway I already have a old Phillips CRT 20" TV which had served me for 4-5 years... So intend to save $$$ by using it until it breaks down. :P

Glad to hear that you got your... wow... full HD LCD TV! :notti: Nice! Next time got soccer match I go down to your house and watch hor? :bow: Just kidding! How much you got it for?

Yah I have completed my reno during the weekend (which was why I was so busy) and just moved in (partially). Hope to see you around!

:dunno:

Ptro

Hi Ptro, so did u get anything for the fair?

I gotten the 40" F80 series Full HD LCD Samsung Tv.

Think its a good deal. !!

ANyway, i'm ur neighbor from Blk 79B but staying

on low floor. Think by the time u completed ur reno I have

yet to start mine. :notti:

:bow: