Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
korea

It Show

me thinking of going during the last few hours of the show to grab a display set LCD to put inside my room

finally had to give in to having a tv in my room coz 4 adults in my home have 4 different tv habits

so my room will turn in a semi-entertain room liao :dancingqueen::notti:

any particular brand i should look out for or any salesman to intro???

lobang lobang please :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

info gotten from hwz

WD

My Book Essential $299.99

My Book Home Edition $369.99

My Book Office Edition $369.99

Maxtor

OneTouch 4 Plus $429

Seagate

Free Agent Pro $439

Ismart

3.5" Desktop Storage Dual Sata $389

Network Attached Storage Sata ( Raid ) $599

Freecom

3.5" Aluminium External Hard Drives $429

Prestigio

e-sata Drive $579

Backup Drive $569

DX320 $469

Yesterday Straits Time has a sub section on IT Show featuring the best buys of the show with LCD/Plasma tvs, cameras, LCD monitors and others. So far can rmbr this much...

But mainly was advertising the LCD/Plasmas.

The prices of the sharp are not very attractive at the gain city booth, if u compare with wat the others are offering.

I was gg to buy a sharp 37", but ended up with a 42" LG. Reason being better specs and cheaper price. Samsung prices were abit steeper than the others and Toshiba was ok but i prefer the LG.

Sharp 37" was 1339, but no free gift and specs was at 6000 contrast. the 42" was at 1700+

LG 42" 1548, 8000 contrast, n other specs were better.

panel wise both looked v ok

I hope they will sell the display ps3 also... hehe

Just back from IT show, only targeting LCD so keep walking back and forth between Toshiba, Sharp, Samsung and Sony. The rest not too interested.

32"

Toshiba - $799

Sharp - $799

Sony - $899

37"

Toshiba - $1099 (UOB card special), $1099 (hourly and last day after 6pm special, a different model than the one for UOB card members, seems better)

Didn't check out others coz not too interested in 37"

40"/42"

Toshiba - $1799 (hourly and last day after 6pm special $1599) Hard panel, 2x HDMI, 5ms response time. HD Ready. 3years warranty. Free delivery and wall mount.

Sharp -

$1799 50Hz, 8ms, 2x HDMI, HD ready. 3 years warranty. Free delivery, wall mount $80.

$1999 A53 model 100Hz, 4ms, 2x HDMI, $200 NTUC voucher, HD ready. 3 years warranty. Free delivery, wall mount $80.

Samsung -

$1799 (missed the Robinson $100 special) R model, 3x HDMI HD ready.

$2499 M model, 3x HDMI, Full HD. 5 years warranty.

Sony -

$1799 S model, 2x HDMI, HD ready, 8ms, 3 years warranty, free delivery and wall mount.

$2649 W model, Made in Japan only for this show, claim outside all made in malaysia, 3x HDMI, Full HD, 3 years warranty, free delivery and wall mount.

Just back from IT show, only targeting LCD so keep walking back and forth between Toshiba, Sharp, Samsung and Sony. The rest not too interested.

32"

Toshiba - $799

Sharp - $799

Sony - $899

37"

Toshiba - $1099 (UOB card special), $1099 (hourly and last day after 6pm special, a different model than the one for UOB card members, seems better)

Didn't check out others coz not too interested in 37"

40"/42"

Toshiba - $1799 (hourly and last day after 6pm special $1599) Hard panel, 2x HDMI, 5ms response time. HD Ready. 3years warranty. Free delivery and wall mount.

Sharp -

$1799 50Hz, 8ms, 2x HDMI, HD ready. 3 years warranty. Free delivery, wall mount $80.

$1999 A53 model 100Hz, 4ms, 2x HDMI, $200 NTUC voucher, HD ready. 3 years warranty. Free delivery, wall mount $80.

Samsung -

$1799 (missed the Robinson $100 special) R model, 3x HDMI HD ready.

$2499 M model, 3x HDMI, Full HD. 5 years warranty.

Sony -

$1799 S model, 2x HDMI, HD ready, 8ms, 3 years warranty, free delivery and wall mount.

$2649 W model, Made in Japan only for this show, claim outside all made in malaysia, 3x HDMI, Full HD, 3 years warranty, free delivery and wall mount.

So which one u buy? Not very gd deals on the sammy, and sharp also considering the specs r lacking the others. I bought LG 5ms response time and 8000 contrast 2x hdmi 50hz, cuz it seems the best deal and lazy to walk more.

Samsung M Series and Sony Bravia X are in my humble opinion the best deals.

Min should look at 3x HDMI ports available and in my opinion.

Full HD at the mid 2k range are good buys. having said that i was really tempted at the M series.

wow any smaller lcd on sales? smaller then 32"?

any good buy for external hDD?

Nope...min now is 32", in fact, fewer people are going for 32" and jump straight to 37", which is why 32" price have tumble down. If you look at the newspaper today, there is ZERO advertisement for lesser than 32" LCD TV, with 32" at 600-900, it's not worth advertising anything smaller.

Only 1 advert on 26", FREE with starhub :jawdrop:

External HDD are going very fast, heard some sizes sold out already. Best buy seems to be from WD corner. 2.5" 160GB $110, 3.5" 500GB $150.

So which one u buy? Not very gd deals on the sammy, and sharp also considering the specs r lacking the others. I bought LG 5ms response time and 8000 contrast 2x hdmi 50hz, cuz it seems the best deal and lazy to walk more.

Actually I believe LG will have good deal lah, but coz of bad experience skipped them, things are like that, once you have 1 bad experience, it sticks with you and will take a long time for it to go away. They may have improved a lot now, but it will still take a while for my mental block to 'unblock'.

I'm a sucker for Sony so since about the same price, ended up with the Sony S series. Went there wanting to get a full HD but my CO says don't waste money, and thinking since I don't think I will be getting Bluray anytime soon, doesn't need too. The Sony S series can put the picture to near 1080p quality if playing via bluray player but off coz cannot fight with true 1080p. Got it on interest free installment so can buy and forget :wub:

Was really tempted on the Toshiba during the hourly sales but while their earlier 37" offer was grabbed, once the price is announced ($1599), people start to disperse. Strange...haha...so also don't dare to commit but come home and think about it, like not bad.

In the end was choosing between Samsung and Sony since both same price, Samsung got the look while Sony got the 'name'. In the end, like I say loh, sucker for Sony so choose Sony. Got near 1080p support, and I like the Bravia series colors (got a 32"), sound system seems better.

BTW didn't realise Sony is the only brand with 2 retailers! Best Denki at 2nd floor and Courts at 4th floor. Maybe can try to bargain at both side.

Samsung M Series and Sony Bravia X are in my humble opinion the best deals.

Min should look at 3x HDMI ports available and in my opinion.

Full HD at the mid 2k range are good buys. having said that i was really tempted at the M series.

You will choose the M series over the Bravia W series? Was really tempted by the W series actually and almost committed but spoke to my CO and decided to give up Full HD. The W series at $2649 (with $200 vouchers) are the only made in Japan sets. Called a few outside retailers like Everjoint, Goh Ah Bee and the one at Transit Road, all quoting $3100 to $3500 CASH deal only, and those are supposedly made in Malaysia.

Oh, bad experience ah...

For me was different. I onli wanted a HD ready, since i wont be playing any HD content at all in the near future on this panel, n i got a HT room for that. Budget was onli 1500+ for a 37", since i onli use it to watch TV and football. So only LG and toshiba was within my range.

I using LG at my parent home, and it has done very well for me the last few yrs, n my finacee hse one is toshiba which i find the pq to be lacking. So stick with LG.

Fingers crossed

just came back from the IT show

it's really tempting coz they are offering the pioneer 428 at $2,399 without free gifts

that's like $2k off the price i paid, so in a way i paid for the 'free' gifts

went there thinking of getting a small tv for my bedroom but now seriously tempted by the kuro :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Toshiba pq lacking? Phew...It was never on my radar screen but manage to take a peek during IT show, but when the hourly special $1599 was really tempted but decided since I have hardly stare at a Toshiba screen before I should not take the risk. Sony at least I have a Bravia at home and love the color, so I am buying something I know :jawdrop:

So yours is delivery also? The delivery schedule also like quite pack men, they really good business...hahaha....

Heard the toshiba 42" was gg at $100 cheaper today. Not sure abt my LG, but dun care lah, buy is buy liao, since im happy with the price i paid...

Hi silver88, how much u paid for the ps3? ANy bundle? Really tempting man!:jawdrop:

Heard the toshiba 42" was gg at $100 cheaper today. Not sure abt my LG, but dun care lah, buy is buy liao, since im happy with the price i paid...

Hi silver88, how much u paid for the ps3? ANy bundle? Really tempting man!!!

PS3 $559 .... :)

Bundle ...No Bundle ...